Page 1614 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 ... LastLast
Results 40,326 to 40,350 of 46279
    Twitter thread journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I feel like the drivers from one state/province north are universally considered terrible.

CA thinks OR plates mean bad drivers > this example of "no tax tourists" parking > BC plates anywhere in northwest WA are mercilessly mocked...

I wonder if people in Skagway say "watch out, Yukon plates!"
    This holds in New Mexico, and we’ll include the state to the east as well.

The tough part is that NM drivers suck too. It’s a vortex here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The tough part is that NM drivers suck too. It’s a vortex here.
    There's a reason folks in Durango called the yellow license plates "warning plates", as in "warning, this car is being driven by someone from NM".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Especially when there are multiple auto-play videos mixed in for good measure.

But yeah, I don't give a shit what a bunch of random people posted to twitter as reactions to news stories

That's exactly how I prefer to read my news. There's nothing like a few garbled acronyms, not being able to read the whole thing because I'm not logged in and some strange Ukrainian hip-hop music auto playing in a different Twitter window. And all in 200 characters or less.

But wait, for only $8 per month you too can get 4000 character tweets and an edit button! Well $11/month for iPhone Twitter app users (Apple take 30%).
    There is going to be some seriously long winded bullshit tweets now with Elon’s “free speech”.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There's a reason folks in Durango called the yellow license plates "warning plates", as in "warning, this car is being driven by someone from NM".
    Ha! NM drivers just have no absolutely idea of how to drive around others and will careen across anything anywhere to get where they’re going. Traffic rules and customs? Ha!. Colorado drivers, when they’re here, drive really, really slowly and timidly down the narrow streets looking every which way trying to figure out where they are and/or where they want to go. Texans haul ass everywhere, ignoring lanes and any other traffic directions and rules, but mysteriously end up stopping and/or parking where they are totally in the way of everyone else. And, when they’re not hauling ass, they’re the worst left lane bandits ever.

Driving here isn’t for the timid.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Dude, Ive figured out exactly where to park for each of our vehicles so the hose goes around the back and doesn't touch. No black marks on the roof or trunk. Sometimes I have to convince the person ahead of me to pull up, or just deal with me on their bumper.
    So .... if we mix your DNA with the grandma who can't back up, will the perfect gas station park job result?

There's a reason that Las Vegas has such wide, empty roads--even the residential streets in the subdivisions are huge, the freeways are massive and empty--it keeps people from running into each other. And if they do there is guaranteed to be a billboard for a lawyer staring them in the face.

Plowing in Oregon seems to be sporadic at best. Nothing like the Swiss train of Colorado DOT. It’s weird like the drivers are scared to touch the blade to the asphalt and actually remove the packed pow. I’ve never studded a tire until moving here and it’s the best decision I’ve made this year.

The number of articles about Sam Bankman-Fried. I subscribe to the New York Times and I swear there's been at least one story about him per day for the last month. Enough already!

Here's a screen capture from the current front page:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-12 221250.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	526.4 KB 
ID:	438043
    All just below the masthead.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    So .... if we mix your DNA with the grandma who can't back up, will the perfect gas station park job result?
    Is grandma hot?

Nah she was a little krusty

Then I will respectfully decline said DNA mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Plowing in Oregon seems to be sporadic at best.
    Nonsense!

I was always plowing bitches when living in Portland.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Growing up with chicago drivers I had no problem with massholes. In fact they are easily understood

Rule 1. No blinkah
    Rule 2. Don’t pahk in the left lane

Shit that annoys you

I’m assuming you are referring to articles that are just recitations of Twitter. Gawd, those are worthless. That is not journalism. Please make those stop.

“So-and-so slammed/clapped back/retorted/accused on Twitter?!?” And then post an image and a link showing that exact post and then a few itemized replies also repeating a link and a post…what a waste of space

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Plowing in Oregon seems to be sporadic at best. Nothing like the Swiss train of Colorado DOT. It’s weird like the drivers are scared to touch the blade to the asphalt and actually remove the packed pow. I’ve never studded a tire until moving here and it’s the best decision I’ve made this year.
    There are something like 130 unfilled ODOT snowplow operator positions across the state.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I’m assuming you are referring to articles that are just recitations of Twitter. Gawd, those are worthless. That is not journalism. Please make those stop.

“So-and-so slammed/clapped back/retorted/accused on Twitter?!?” And then post an image and a link showing that exact post and then a few itemized replies also repeating a link and a post…what a waste of space
    Yes that too, but I think Dan is talking about journalists publishing 10’s of tweets in a thread instead of writing an article.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    but I think Dan is talking about journalists publishing 10’s of tweets in a thread instead of writing an article.
    Yeah, this.

Posting reaction tweets in actual news articles is also annoying and dumb, but that's been going on for years.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 12-13-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Yes that too, but I think Dan is talking about journalists publishing 10’s of tweets in a thread instead of writing an article.
    Yeah, this.
    I guess i missed the distinction, but I’m with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

Hey, gotta farm those clicks and eyeballs somehow. This seems to be the new norm to generate traffic.

Cars have never been quieter; tires have never been louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Cars have never been quieter; tires have never been louder.
    YES FUCKING YES!!!!!

My son’s doctor’s office requires everyone to wear a mask. I understand that and fully respect it. The fact that they charge $1/per mask. That shit annoys me.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.