Page 59 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 5635
    Where do I go for dress casual work clothes? I have no idea. Been wearing scrubs to work for last 18 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Where do I go for dress casual work clothes? I have no idea. Been wearing scrubs to work for last 18 years.

Really depends on your budget and style. For me, it's a lot of H&M, Banana Republic, Express.

I actually shop a fair bit on Poshmark to pick up gently used business casual shit. I only go into the office once a quarter or so, so it's not worth spending a ton of money on outfits I'll wear a few times a year.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Funny part is my youngest kid, a boy, wants to go the mall more that my daughter ever did.
    Name:  butnevermind.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  13.8 KB

I'm not much for style points, but Costco often has decent business casual work pants and button shirts for cheap.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm not much for style points,
    Well at least the first half was correct.....

Dress casual and business casual can be very different. The former means you don't have a vest on. And a blazer with slacks lands you in the latter. At least that's what I remember from 20 years ago. Thankfully I didn't have to go to that customer premise. Three piece suit, Mon-Thur even for IT guys. On Friday you could go dress casual and not wear a vest, and go a little less formal with the shoes. I'm a total slob, slacks and a polo was my upper dress limit, if I was forced

Well, if he's talking suits, that is a different story (and FTR, I haven't seen anyone wear a 3 piece suit in decades). Again, I'm no style expert, as krp8128 was kind enough to emphasize, I just want clothes that are affordable, look fine (as in "ok" and don't stand out, not fine as in "fiiiiiiinnnnne"), and check the box regarding the dress requirement. Costco cloths do that for the business casual environment. If jm2e needs dressier, and is like me (affordable, look fine, check the box) then Men's Wearhouse is an option. Or find a place with outlet stores and look there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2nd on Banana Republic. Their stuff is fairly nice, and they are part of Gap so it's all on perpetual sale. I rarely have to wear nice stuff, so a few pieces from them go a long way.

With the good sales, it's even cheaper than things you can find at Costco many times. I think I got a couple pairs of nice pants for ~$30 each.

Yea, I don’t know the rules or definitions. I’ve been wearing a random assortment of chinos/slacks/khakis and button down Oxford type shirts. But they look like the shit your parents dressed you in for church. And the shirts either strangle me or fit like a blouse.
    I’m not looking forward to going into stores, but I suppose I’ll have to.
    Gotta have these girls half my age at work think I know what I’m doing.

However many are in a shit ton.

Costco, the Gap? Wtf? This place is a fashion cesspool.

You can get custom menswear for not much more than off the shelf. One company doing this is Stantt https://stantt.com/ but there are others. Once the store has your measurements you can call up, order new stuff and it always fits. It takes about 3-4 weeks.
    You can dress any of this shit up with a nice Hickey-Freeman blazer for a bit more formal look and as long as you don't get a button down collar you can wear the shirts with a suit. And yeah, nobody wears three piece suits anymore people unless you're going to a roaring 20's themed ball. Ffs.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 09-23-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Depends on what is around you for stores. TJ Maxx or a Marshals would be one stop if they are around you. Any Kohl's stores- they have pretty much everything from Business Casual to suits or sports coats and can have some nice stuff for many different levels. There is business casual (khaki's and nice collared shirts usually now, and there is dress work clothes which could be as easy as adding a sports coat to a nice business casual look (with a full button dress shirt usually not a golf shirt).... or if you work where they still wear suits- then that is not casual work clothes usually.

Others that will not break the budget- Ross Dress For Less, Burlington's Store, or Old Navy, Gap, or Banana Republic.

I can't believe what I'm reading here.

Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and maybe Brooks Brothers
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I can't believe what I'm reading here.
    Pour yourself a nice single malt, sit down, settle your nerves. I know it’s disturbing. Take a sec before you stand back up.

Advice taken. I was just hyperventilating into a paper bag. Pouring myself two fingers of Angels Envy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and maybe Brooks Brothers
    Brooks Brothers is out of business. For most of you guys, Bonobos is a pretty good bet. They have bricks and mortar locations, you go in once and get your measurements taken so they have them on file, then you can order stuff online after that. Or you can just wing it and guess on the measurements and send shit back if it doesn't fit, but getting measured once is easier in my book. Decent enough clothes, made pretty well, at pretty reasonable prices, it works.

Brooks Brothers is still around. It's part of Authentic Brands now. I wouldn't buy a suit there anymore--they've farmed most of that to Asia now, but the casual clothes are still ok. If you're a bit hard to fit you can get custom fitted for not much more $ at Bonobos Guideshop, Stantt, etc.

Huh, I knew Brooks Bros. went bankrupt and thought they were gone but you are correct sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Brooks Brothers is out of business. For most of you guys, Bonobos is a pretty good bet. They have bricks and mortar locations, you go in once and get your measurements taken so they have them on file, then you can order stuff online after that. Or you can just wing it and guess on the measurements and send shit back if it doesn't fit, but getting measured once is easier in my book. Decent enough clothes, made pretty well, at pretty reasonable prices, it works.
    I used bonobos a lot for day to day a few years back but the quality has gone to shit

That's too bad. Yeah the stuff I have is all a few years old. Oh well.

Business casual:

If you have an important meeting with a client... maybe something a bit more formal:

Why are so many outerwear manufacturers making rain shells in black, gray, and navy? I'd like for drivers and hunters to be able to see me; if I wanted camo, I'd buy camo.

From the Montbell US site: dark teal, black, and "dark forest"
    Name:  shells.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  11.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Why are so many outerwear manufacturers making rain shells in black, gray, and navy? I'd like for drivers and hunters to be able to see me; if I wanted camo, I'd buy camo.

From the Montbell US site: dark teal, black, and "dark forest"
    Name:  shells.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  11.5 KB
    Max Tactical for the urban crowd.

Was at a Kohl’s last night. Their business casual offerings had a definite “manager at Applebee’s” vibe.

"Manager at Applebees" would be a good name for a punk song.