Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Plus, they are connected to Big Sky, duh, making for a massive really good ski area at their doorstep.
    I am not saying there are no hard core skiers there, far from it. But the draw is the security. Bill Gates doesn't have to worry as much about some nut ball grabbing one of his kids.

I usually get a day or so in a season, highly under rated ski mountain. The connector to Big Sky as said above doesn't hurt either.

Factor in the opportunity for a lot of these wealthy kids to sort of blend in along with their parents and be "locals".

People love to shit on the Y/C but they have donated a shitload of money to causes in Big Sky.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yellowstone Club had a rough start, with all the fraud and lawsuits and stuff.

Perhaps this venture will keep the white collar crime to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

I wonder what the tax bill is per property.
    It's currently classified as agriculture, so probably next to nothing. "Shared ranch", keep a few cows on it = good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post

Perhaps this venture will keep the white collar crime to a minimum.
    RE: Y/C. Totally different company. Current one is a Great White.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

What are the other ski hills that are HOA-owned or managed?

Welcome to the future of skiing.... Or should I say everything. Don't worry, we will all be happy in the camps.....

Yeah, pretty much.

The real turning point will be Vail going private.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Now all they have to worry about is their fifteen million dollar houses slowly shifting down the mountain.

I remember reading about this when it was just getting off the ground. Beautiful country around there. Maybe I should move. Anyone want to go in on a place with me?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I remember reading about this when it was just getting off the ground. Beautiful country around there. Maybe I should move. Anyone want to go in on a place with me?
    I’m in, good for $37.

If I had the resources, I’d opt in to a private ski hill. Talk shit all you want but who wouldn’t if you could?

A buddy rented an entire ski area for a day once. We had a keg at the bottom of the lower chair. I think there were 20 of us skiing. It was rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m in, good for $37.
    I'd be able to go about tree fiddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    so its like backcountry with dues?
    Nah, they have guides on staff and two private cats to use.

If you have eff you money this is actually a pretty sweet setup. Ridiculous, of course, and not something I would ever do even if I could afford it. There's some legit terrain too, especially if you're into coolies.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm waiting for Greg Lemond's camp to come on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Now all they have to worry about is their fifteen million dollar houses slowly shifting down the mountain.
    Who is "They"?

Everyone of those homes has been certified as built to spec. by engineers.

"Hello? Yes, is this On Site Management? It seems I am stuck in my bathroom."

Talus is a real bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Who is "They"?

Everyone of those homes has been certified as built to spec. by engineers.
    Haha. I always got a chuckle about how like 90% of the homes up in the YC have SERIOUS ice damming issues. But hey, their roofs look pretty!...in the summer. It's like the architects are based out of Florida or something. Harry's got a good story about his condos about that actually.

Look buddy, no one is tearing out the reclaimed walnut trapezoid ceiling with all hidden fasteners to fix the insulation problems that cause the ice dams.

On the other hand, I did see an extremely pissed off finish carpenter tearing out the reclaimed walnut trapezoid ceiling with all hidden fasteners because the homeowner didn't like the "character pieces" the carpenter thought were the best part.

Pretty sure this is the same house where the one side of the timberframe porch we installed had settled almost two inches in about six months. But boy, the views were great!

.000001% problems!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Haha. I always got a chuckle about how like 90% of the homes up in the YC have SERIOUS ice damming issues. But hey, their roofs look pretty!...in the summer. It's like the architects are based out of Florida or something. Harry's got a good story about his condos about that actually.
    Those people can afford new roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Those people can afford new roofs.
    Sure, but they can get cranky when it leaks into their homes causing big interior damage or mold.

Sure, but they can get cranky when it leaks into their homes causing big interior damage or mold.
    They can afford to fix that too. Fuck, they have private jets and shit. And probably five homes. One's in a place that gets hammered by hurricanes a lot, for sure. That will make them drink a few more martinis at times.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    "Hello? Yes, is this On Site Management? It seems I am stuck in my bathroom."

Talus is a real bitch.
    Had that happen on a project, but it wasn't OSM and it was because of the Rocky Mountain Hardware. Overpriced garbage!

Had a billionaire client lock himself in the panic room on another project. He was lucky to get out in a few hours and not days.

It's usually the leaking showers causing those problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	856.2 KB 
ID:	317032