Page 334 of 891 FirstFirst ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 22259
    10 minutes tops, the contractor figured out traffic control.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Cool, thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Thanks for the "heads up" !
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    As for the ladies, the pisser is that they were stolen by neighbors, most likely one of my nearby neighbors kids. Not to get overwrought but the feeling of being violated is one that is difficult to take.
    Time to set up a paintball claymore like this guy did for poachers on his property! I say set up a game cam, reset your trap, and wait for the fun to begin:

Fuck em, I have moved on.

Funniest/saddest part is they are probably already being dried for consumption. They had just barely started to flower so they are a mere shadow of their potential.

Fucking weed is cheap here, you can buy for excellent green for 7 buck a Gram or less. Its like someone stealing your tomato plants.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Glad they are doing the MT pass again, wasn't sure with all the new pass options if it would continue.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    There's a good chance I'll be attending the wilderness medicine conference at Big Sky in late February. Looking any recs for lodging/logistics etc yadda yadda. Maybe doing it with some coworkers but possibly just me.
    Oh good reminder, I need to see if the wife wants to go to that.

Huntley is fine if solo and want to eat out...includes a good breakfast. Both are easy walk to lifts. Nice pools.

Lodge at Big Sky has a short shuttle, ok walk, meh breakfast, but typically cost less.

Did an on-foot shack tour today. Rode up Swifty and walked down, visiting shacks along the way.

Shacks hit:
    1) Hobbit Hole
    2) Medical Shack
    3) Scruffy's Shack

Could have hit a bunch more, but these 3 were EZ.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Shacks hit:
    1) Hobbit Hole
    2) Medical Shack
    3) Scruffy's Shack

Could have hit a bunch more, but these 3 were EZ.
    I am concerned that Herbie's and Tire Swing may have been bulldozed for the new Montana Club development. Need to get over there again and check for certain, but from the boneyard north was unrecognizable to me.

I thought Big Sky was at capacity wastewater-wise. Is that not true? How does all the new development keep getting approved?

Bulldozing Herbie, why those dirty rats..

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I am concerned that Herbie's and Tire Swing may have been bulldozed for the new Montana Club development. Need to get over there again and check for certain, but from the boneyard north was unrecognizable to me.
    I was thinking that too. That is a huge new subdivision there. Shoot me a text, let's go exploring, see if we can find Herbie.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I thought Big Sky was at capacity wastewater-wise. Is that not true? How does all the new development keep getting approved?

Bulldozing Herbie, why those dirty rats..
    Nope, they have been adding capacity on the Big Sky side and on the Moonlight side a brand new, state of the art, you could literally drink the discharge WWTP is just getting started into operation. Its kind of neat how they set up tanks with a living system that digests the pollutants.

I had heard about the Montana Club but not much and I was guessing the Boneyard is where they would put it. No one remembers Deer Lodge at Big Sky much anymore. It was a development that was built where the Big Horn condos now stand. It was built so poorly that eventually it was torn down and hauled to the present day Boneyard and piled and that winter everything was set on fire to get rid of it. I am told it smoldered for about 17 months, carpet, building materials etc. And then there were all the unidentifiable barrels of liquid stacked up there. I am sure that it was cleaned up using the best technology possible.

The Deer Lodge complex - 120 condos on the ski mountain, which were finished in 1975 and sold to about 100 customers, who then suffered through 13 years of repairs and hassles. Finally, the whole complex was abandoned, condemned and bulldozed into splinters. ...Workers from as far away as Mississippi had to learn to deal with subzero cold and snowfall totaling 33 feet a year on the high slopes. The climate and geography said go slowly, but the corporations needed quick cash flow, which meant selling condos as fast as they could be slapped together. Hundreds of the early condos were masterpieces of shoddiness - shaky from their roofs to their foundations.Below ground, miles of sewer and water lines suffered from the same lack of quality control. Pipes cracked or were crushed as they were buried; pipes of differing sizes were merely shoved together, and where pipes didn’t reach each other, the gaps were simply buried. From the moment the water mains were turned on and the first toilets flushed, tapwater and sewage gushed from countless underground leaks. (http://www.hcn.org/issues/101/3127)
    http://paranormalmontana.blogspot.co...f-big-sky.html

I was thinking that too. That is a huge new subdivision there. Shoot me a text, let's go exploring, see if we can find Herbie.
    I am enjoying the benefits of the northern peso for another day and will text you when back.

wholly fuqwutz

Investors had to be private money.

Imagine how many manila envelopes got handed out?

The cash flowed way better than the water
    ​I am not in your hurry

I think the caliber of Smokeshack construction on/at The Big is actually quite impressive. From the Primitives to the solid New builds to the Space Age to the Big Vista spots.

Hell, we seshed on the way out from my Final run last season, heh.

The workers will bee busy soon replacing the lost hives and dens.

Wastewater treatment, a career path in a ski town.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I think the caliber of Smokeshack construction on/at The Big is actually quite impressive. From the Primitives to the solid New builds to the Space Age to the Big Vista spots.

Hell, we seshed on the way out from my Final run last season, heh.

The workers will bee busy soon replacing the lost hives and dens.

Wastewater treatment, a career path in a ski town.

All very true. What strikes me is how these shacks get built with so little fanfare. Ski season starts and there is a new set of tracks beaten into the woods. Follow and discover.

$37 says when we find Herbie and open the glovebox, it has Bunion's name on the title...

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    All very true. What strikes me is how these shacks get built with so little fanfare. Ski season starts and there is a new set of tracks beaten into the woods. Follow and discover.
    Anyway that's fascinating stuff about the Boneyard, thanks NB. Always appreciate you as our most valuable source for Big Sky/Moonlight historical perspective. Burning demolition pile smoldering for 17 months? WTF? lol.

In other news there was a bear in the ladies' restroom at Bucks!

Text received from Talisman = Herbie Hunt is scheduled for Thursday.

Yeahman: you want in on this #EpicAdventure ?

^^Can't make it during the day Thursday, although I am considering coming down after work to see Pinky and the Floyd in the town center and maybe ride Lionhead on Friday with a buddy. But now the weather forecast is calling for showers Friday so that plan is probably shot.

Looking forward to your #EpicAdventure pics though...

Mrs. Talisman walks into my workplace today...

Me: "Hi Mrs. Talisman ! Are you going Herbie Hunting with us ?"

Her: "You guys on TGR are such retards..."

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    $37 says when we find Herbie and open the glovebox, it has Bunion's name on the title...

I LOL'ed.

Sorry that I'm such a lurker. My SW Montana observations: MT summers are the best. It's hard to see them go but I'm also looking forward to the cold... A view from my RM Bighorn sheep excursion, last weekend:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5662.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	293089
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Text received from Talisman = Herbie Hunt is scheduled for Thursday.
    Herbie Hunt delayed by old age.

I am struggling with Plantar Fasciitis so I am walking with a cane and Talisman can't get out of bed due to back pain. We are both a couple of wrecks. Fuck me...

Herbie Hunt delayed by old age.
    Dag nabbit, I could have used the $37 for finding that title.

Laid low all day with my foot in ice water. This shit sucks. Good info in Gimp Central on it.

Needed herbal medication, found this at my dispensary:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1838.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	293161

Try the night sock, Harry. It’s way less creepy than it sounds.