G3's new AT binding - picture!!

Anybody got mad image processing steeze???

edit:

The original image had enough to see that it was a toe and heel of something... and hints of size etc...since then they replaced it with one that it is a little more obscured.

I changed the link to the new image for now.
    Last edited by snoboy; 11-17-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Pics on link have been deleted...

Please...Try again!

fish it out of your browser's cache, the board will take care of hosting it.

OK... it's not much but here it is, let the speculation begin!

well it must be a dynafit type binding, since there's no connecting part. I would have to guess it would be compatible with the current dynafit fittings that are on half the AT boots out there. Very little chance of them getting a new spec circulated with the amount of dynafit stuff currently out there.

If they want to compete they'll have to offer something new and better:
    -lighter (is this even possible)?
    -higher effective DIN?
    -better release characteristics?
    -not having to take boot off to go into tour mode?
    -easier entry for the boot fittings?
    -more durable (highly doubtful this is possible)?

or, they could be heavier but have a wider platform, DIN toes, and at least a 12 DIN for both toes and heels. and not cost $500

Yeah. COST would definitely be something they could improve on. But seeing how it's G3's first AT binding...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

oops. i just realized that enhancing that image could be considered "industrial espionage"... we'll just have to wait until their marketing dept is ready to release, i guess...
    Last edited by f2f; 11-17-2008 at 07:49 PM.

I had heard that "all will be known" after a trade show in November . . . so when exactly is the next industry gig?

is this the "purple horse with pink wings" binding or was that BD's new tele binding?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I heard they're called 'wasps', now I see why.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    is this the "purple horse with pink wings" binding or was that BD's new tele binding?
    I think that was the "pink horse with wings." And it's BD's tele binding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

oooowwwwww i wanna seee it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    well it must be a dynafit type binding, since there's no connecting part. I would have to guess it would be compatible with the current dynafit fittings that are on half the AT boots out there. Very little chance of them getting a new spec circulated with the amount of dynafit stuff currently out there.

If they want to compete they'll have to offer something new and better:
    -lighter (is this even possible)?
    -higher effective DIN?
    -better release characteristics?
    -not having to take boot off to go into tour mode?
    -easier entry for the boot fittings?
    -more durable (highly doubtful this is possible)?
    The local G3 rep came by not so long ago to give us an annual breakdown of their gear for the store. Questions were raised about the binding, but obviously he didnt budge.
    He is the rep for Scarpa as well, and did both at the same time. He kept referring to all Dynafit outfittings and any reference to it as "Tech" outfittings.

Supposedly the Dynafit patent/copyrights just expired. They last 17 years or so and they did it in 1991.
    Now since theres no royalties to be pain everyone's gone nuts with the outfittings in boots.(We have a total of 12 with Dynafit outfitting, probably a good 60-70% of our boots)
    Which also opens to market to bindings being made.

Im not even hinting that Dynafit will loose out and be overtaken by others since theyre name has been so impact-full and as mentioned they are still numero uno in that whole department. Unlikely that G3 will make something that will blow it out of the water, and I doubt they will, but it does open the terrain to new players and Im eager to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    or, (1)they could be heavier but have a wider platform, DIN toes, and at least a 12 DIN for both toes and heels. (2)and not cost $500
    Both points 1 & 2 would be contrary to G3's run of form. (1) they are more about the tour than anything and (2) their prices are more on the upper end of the spectrum ... one can only hope and I have been proven wrong before... once
    "Not all who wander are lost"

^^^^^^^ true, but they have put out skis like the el hombres, which are definitely not all about the tour.