Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    I saw some calls for stoke and since andrew's skiing is way cooler than mine here is some skijunky stoke from the past couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I get why y’all hate them. I would too.
    It's not all hate. I think it's normal to observe and want to discuss a fairly major change and the impact with others in the community.
    the usual hating suspects will hate but they were also hatin before the ikon invasion.
    Some of my best friends have ikon passes and one silver lining is that I don't constantly have visitors asking us for vouchers now, which is nice
    I'd say for the most part we're still hospitable AF unless you are a dumbass in which case you deserve to be lampooned as has always been the case here

it will be interesting to see how mgmt addresses the obvious outcry of the Jackson experience being altered by the increase in skiers though. Will visitors not return in the same magnitude next yr bc of the crowds?
    Or are we still less crowded for the most part than most other resorts?
    anyone have a crystal ball or know a soothsayer?
    Either way at least we all now have Djongo on the board to show maggots the way of the local. and me on the weekends.
    Although this weekend I'm heading to the desert to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary and escape the snowbanks
    was surprised andrew wanted to leave the snow, but I think he's honestly pooped from the never ending deluge of snow this yr. aaaannnd it's dumping again today
    Enjoy it kids!

edit to add that I do like that sticker - funny stuff there
    skid luxury

Sweet lines!!!

Thanks b bear

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Andrew is a good skier.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Speaking of Snow King.

They have a J1 lifty, usually on Cougar, that is straight up the most stoked dude I've ever seen bumping chairs. Props to that guy as he always brings a smile.
    I have to come out of the shadows and second this! He's a riot.

The first time he gave me a bump at the beginning of the season I thought he was fucking with me. But time after time the stoke is unsurpassed. Reminds of Balki from Perfect Strangers.

Happy anniversary Baby Bear and papa Bear. Thanks for the positive vibes this morning Mr. Bear, Started me off on the right foot. Cool pow shots too. that musta been ultralightsunday? So amazing. I'd trade 4 feet of this years pow to have that day over again. I'd like to ski more with you two. Following Papa has to be like waiting for the scary shit to start anytime now. Whee!

R bowl was beauuuuuuutiful first trax...smooth as a pooltable for acres with 2-4" of windblown duff. Gs turns from heaven. Gates still closed and only the Troublemaker wants to go. I told the boss redcoat on the dock I'd wait for a day. But still, T's booming and ready. We settle for a soft crud lap down middle Hoback in ankle deep . Awesome but busier at the bottom so we catch a box w/only a one car wait, good timing.

Thanks for the kind words BB -Me of all grouches being any kind of a local wayfinder is funny but well received. I try and help, I mostly like other skiers, and just dig our scene. JH has a great ski bum scene. FKNA.
    Howard Henderson turned me on to the stoke attitude and I try to follow that approach. He was the funniest complainer too. Lotsa friends on the dock.

Agreed, No locals buying Ikon passes. Shall we define local now?heheheh

Nothing against Cali or any place, but we don't leave home much in the winter. Low tide or High, in NorAm, we're usually better than most in any year. Lucky like dat.

Nomad - Skiing is good, get some. Cooler temps and no brutal ice to note.

There is some serious lurking going on around here.

I've had a low month or two due to an ailing pet. Melancholy man. She's passed now and I'm gonna ski hard the rest of this winter. Hope to ski with many of you sooner than later. Old friends, new ones and yet to be ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KIRinPNW View Post
    I have to come out of the shadows and second this! He's a riot.

The first time he gave me a bump at the beginning of the season I thought he was fucking with me. But time after time the stoke is unsurpassed. Reminds of Balki from Perfect Strangers.
    His name is Franz, he is from Lima.
    He is SO funny. He just bought a DH bike to bring home, I would love to ride with him.
    Sorry about your pooch, Django, it sometimes is harder than losing a human, due to the unconditional love factor.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    His name is Franz, he is from Lima.
    He is SO funny. He just bought a DH bike to bring home, I would love to ride with him.
    Sorry about your pooch, Django, it sometimes is harder than losing a human, due to the unconditional love factor.
    Yes DJ sorry to hear that man

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Will spill one tonight for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I saw some calls for stoke and since andrew's skiing is way cooler than mine here is some skijunky stoke from the past couple weeks

It's not all hate. I think it's normal to observe and want to discuss a fairly major change and the impact with others in the community.
    the usual hating suspects will hate but they were also hatin before the ikon invasion.
    Some of my best friends have ikon passes and one silver lining is that I don't constantly have visitors asking us for vouchers now, which is nice
    I'd say for the most part we're still hospitable AF unless you are a dumbass in which case you deserve to be lampooned as has always been the case here

it will be interesting to see how mgmt addresses the obvious outcry of the Jackson experience being altered by the increase in skiers though. Will visitors not return in the same magnitude next yr bc of the crowds?
    Or are we still less crowded for the most part than most other resorts?
    anyone have a crystal ball or know a soothsayer?
    Either way at least we all now have Djongo on the board to show maggots the way of the local. and me on the weekends.
    Although this weekend I'm heading to the desert to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary and escape the snowbanks
    was surprised andrew wanted to leave the snow, but I think he's honestly pooped from the never ending deluge of snow this yr. aaaannnd it's dumping again today
    Enjoy it kids!

edit to add that I do like that sticker - funny stuff there
    Your husband is cooler then the rest of us, we know...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A Hoser needs some help!
    Hey Mags. I know this is a long shot but I figured I’d fire it up here and see if you could help. We’re down here mostly backcountry skiing and a buddy blew one of the pins off the toe piece of his plum bindings, so unskiable, and we noticed the other binding toe piece has a loose pin that is going to go any time. We’ve got one full day left and maybe a quick lap on Saturday morning before we head home. Does anyone have a old touring set up in the 175-182 range that we could borrow for a day and a bit? His bsl is 300mm. I know it’s a lot to ask. Or an old pair of plum guides or old dynafit with the same bolt patterns as the old plum guides.

Any recommendation of a place that rents touring gear in town?

Just looking to salvage the last day and a bit.
    Any help would be much appreciated and of course beers/cash/high fives would be part of the deal.

Look outside quick now! I just saw a blue sky!
    skid luxury

Lol

Mex are you in Jackson or west side. I have some 171 voile chargers mounted w Dynafit verticals you could try. Or 181 chargers. PM me if interested. Am in driggs. Or rent from Teton mountaineering or Wilson backcountry.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

and that cold front just arrived..yayyyy
    https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.XHhytehKjIU

Lies, the Pineapple Express is coming in, no more evil blue sky

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    A Hoser needs some help!
    Hey Mags. I know this is a long shot but I figured I’d fire it up here and see if you could help. We’re down here mostly backcountry skiing and a buddy blew one of the pins off the toe piece of his plum bindings, so unskiable, and we noticed the other binding toe piece has a loose pin that is going to go any time. We’ve got one full day left and maybe a quick lap on Saturday morning before we head home. Does anyone have a old touring set up in the 175-182 range that we could borrow for a day and a bit? His bsl is 300mm. I know it’s a lot to ask. Or an old pair of plum guides or old dynafit with the same bolt patterns as the old plum guides.

Any recommendation of a place that rents touring gear in town?

Just looking to salvage the last day and a bit.
    Any help would be much appreciated and of course beers/cash/high fives would be part of the deal.
    Wilson Backcountry Sports rents touring gear and can likely help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Mex are you in Jackson or west side. I have some 171 voile chargers mounted w Dynafit verticals you could try. Or 181 chargers. PM me if interested. Am in driggs. Or rent from Teton mountaineering or Wilson backcountry.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Homemadesalsa: thanks for the offer and info. I really appreciate it. I think we’ve sorted something out to get us through tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Wilson Backcountry Sports rents touring gear and can likely help you out.
    Thanks for the info!

Buckrail says the gates open Friday...should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I've had a low month or two due to an ailing pet. Melancholy man. She's passed now and I'm gonna ski hard the rest of this winter. Hope to ski with many of you sooner than later. Old friends, new ones and yet to be ones.
    Sorry d00d, happy to have played a roll in this somewhere somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Buckrail says the gates open Friday...should be interesting.
    Already open, bro

JHN&G

A group of skiers violated a closure at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort on Thursday, and now two of them are spending the night out in Granite Canyon.

Grand Teton National Park rangers are coming up with a plan to reach the two stranded skiers, according to public information officer Denise Germann.

Their ski partners reported them lost to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort ski patrol on Thursday afternoon. Resort ski patrol called park rangers and Teton County Search and Rescue to assist in the search. Search and Rescue flew a helicopter over the area just before sundown, but didn't pinpoint the stranded party's exact location, incident commander KC Bess said.
    leave them there. Obviously they're fully capable of getting out themselves, right? SAR & GTNP rangers risking their lives for this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Already open, bro

JHN&G

leave them there. Obviously they're fully capable of getting out themselves, right? SAR & GTNP rangers risking their lives for this shit?
    You go out there and get in trouble, you get yourself out of trouble. If not you wait for the conditions to permit a rescue, your dumb ass shouldn’t put other people at risk.

With all due respect, and I love Jackson Hole... is the place just one giant cluster fuck now?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    With all due respect, and I love Jackson Hole... is the place just one giant cluster fuck now?
    it is when people come in and don’t show respect...
    skid luxury

it is when people come in and don’t show respect...
    Truth