Page 109 of 117 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I think he was better than average, but I’ll let Bmills dig up the advanced stats at his leisure.

The more critical question - is 2020 his ceiling? It might be, but that’s Kirk Cousins / Derek Carr territory, and many teams will glade take that.
    I think he can be an extremely accurate thrower. At his best his ceiling is higher than Carr and Cousins. I think he can be a top 15 QB, and maybe top 10, if he can overcome all the mental and physical setbacks from this year.

Will a team give him a chance to try? I guess we will see.

I think the problem for him is he's on a one year deal, and if he actually does well for you, then you have to pony up a lot of money. If he extended to a reasonable second year, more teams would be interested.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I think he can be an extremely accurate thrower. At his best his ceiling is higher than Carr and Cousins. I think he can be a top 15 QB, and maybe top 10, if he can overcome all the mental and physical setbacks from this year.

Will a team give him a chance to try? I guess we will see.
    Weren’t you guys all saying he was a top 10 last year?

Baker's problem is that he isn't a very good pocket passer. When the west coast/ wide zone run scheme was working, and they could get Baker going on bootlegs and play action, Baker looked pretty good. He's just about as accurate on the move as he is from the pocket. When he can see an open target he usually hits him. But ask him to take a quick drop, make quick reads, and throw with anticipation, then... well... he's not good. If a defense can shut down the run game, or if you're playing from behind, you need a QB who can read leverages in a split second, then make high percentage throws to a spot. Baker can't. It's a problem for Lamar Jackson too, but he has the advantage of being one of the most elusive runners in the league.

Morning show guys are playing this game right now: rank the AFC QBs and then where does Baker slot in there.

It’s kind of remarkable how quickly he has become persona non grata. Weird really.

And to no one’s surprise, I agree with EWG.
    I still call it The Jake.

Everyone kind of discounts how hurt he was last year, and pretends like that’s his normal baseline. Baker can sling it when healthy. Last year was just brutal to watch even as a casual football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Everyone kind of discounts how hurt he was last year, and pretends like that’s his normal baseline. Baker can sling it when healthy. Last year was just brutal to watch even as a casual football fan.
    I've long said this. Apparently the front office has recency bias as well.

Anyway, the more this shakes out it appears that Jimmy Haslam saw the future for the franchise as this:

1. Baker wasn't going to be the long term guy, and would have likely sat out this year demanding a trade.

2. If/when Baker sat out/was traded, there was no viable QB that could get the team to a Super Bowl that they could lock up long term if they didn't act now.

3. Their QB prospects in the draft were bleak and any decent option in the draft would likely come beyond their window of opportunity with the pieces they have under contract now.

All that taken together left them a couple options, (1) swing for the fences to land a long term high-level QB, or (2) do the same thing they've done for the past 20 years: bring in a slap-ass veteran to go .500 or worse and keep drafting QBs that get chewed up and thrown out. Rinse and repeat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp

Baker to the Lions? The only real redeeming thing about this article is the “racy” pics of Goffs girl

NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

Baker to the Lions? The only real redeeming thing about this article is the “racy” pics of Goffs girl
    Ryan the Lion would have been better.

I thought baker was going to SEA, no? They’re rolling with Locke? I like the guy, but good luck.

I prolly need to try to keep up or take a lap.

Baker is top half dude.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

Hold up, no one mentioned this little nugget in that story? Baker sliding into the DMs of someone not named Emily?

https://itsgame7.com/baker-mayfields...-woman-photos/

Steel Curtain trolling the Browns.

"Longtime Browns reporter Mary Kay Cabot spoke on the “Orange and Brown Talk” podcast. During the episode, Cabot said the Pittsburgh Steelers would love to have Mayfield. But that’s only if Cleveland cuts him first."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Steel Curtain trolling the Browns.

"Longtime Browns reporter Mary Kay Cabot spoke on the “Orange and Brown Talk” podcast. During the episode, Cabot said the Pittsburgh Steelers would love to have Mayfield. But that’s only if Cleveland cuts him first."
    I can see nothing more fitting for this saga than Baker joining the Squealers. It would be on-brand for him, and I'd expect him to beat the Browns twice and set personal season records across the board.

I would personally enjoy that a bunch, but I don't see it happening for that very reason unless Baker sits out a year.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Chiefs got a lot less scary in the AFC West after trading Hill.
    The shit head dirtbag sweepstakes continue I guess.

LOL the fins and jests are trying to trade for Tyreek Hill. Talk about career killers...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    LOL the fins and jests are trying to trade for Tyreek Hill. Talk about career killers...
    Fins already got him according to espn

Hill can at least get Tua's INTs a lot farther down field.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Fins already got him according to espn
    Just saw that. What did Hill do to piss the Chiefs off?

He ate Andy's box of donuts.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Fins just moved up to #2 in AFCE, it's all on Tua now with the toy chest they've assembled for him

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Fins just moved up to #2 in AFCE, it's all on Tua now with the toy chest they've assembled for him
    #2 in INTs until Tua is injured and out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    He ate Andy's box of donuts.
    Lol. Seriously though, was his current deal about to expire or something? This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Huck and pray is not an offensive football strategy, it's what Jerry does.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-trad...le-draft-picks

The contract extension was the sticking point that led to Hill's divorce from the Chiefs. The receiver had been offered a deal that would have made him one of the NFL's highest-paid receivers with the Chiefs, but the offer did not satisfy the speedster
    Leaving the Chiefs willingly for the Dolphins? LOL.
    He just bailed on a golden opportunity. Playing with Mahomes as the #1 weapon, high likelihood of future SB wins and a fast track to the Hall of Fame. Now? We'll see...

I mean WTF. In an absolutely stacked division, giving up your #1 playmaker is insanity.