Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowful View Post
    powdork threw a public temper tantrum bashing TGR and Oakley. TJ asked if powdork would calm down for a few days until the ad quit running.

Instead of agreeing to the request made by HIS HOST, and waiting a few days while this stuff gets worked out, he continues his public bashing of the people who enable this awesomeness.

Who's the whiny bitch, Danno?
    don't take it personally, i have to side with danno. perhaps if his request was unreasonable, you'd have a better point.. But asking for SFW ads seems really reasonable to me.

That is why powdork and knuckleheads like him should have undertaken this crusade on the quiet. This would have ended much more peacefully.

If I were TJ, I would not have put up with your entitled ass. I would have banned you, and deleted your whiny shit.

You fucking unappreciative bitches might have cost him money.
    on the quiet? what do you suggest, i give him a call? There have been numerous threads about the ads and this is the first one that has received a response.

peacefully???? yeah, i kicked the crap out of TGR with my mouse and keyboard.

Banned??? Yeah, he could do that. But then he'd still have the stupid ads, a much bigger problem, and someone who provided more stoke than just about anyone else on this board in the last two years would be gone (more, not necessarily better).

Entitled? These pictures don't take, edit, and host themselves. I think the thousands of hours over the course of several years does entitle me to have an opinion about the site, and state that opinion. It doesn't mean they have to listen or take action.

Whiny? You mean like the pm you sent me saying please please delete the thread before someone gets upset? The thread stays. I'll be happy to edit the title and original post as conditions warrant.

I asked you nicely before getting hostile.

Excuse the fuck out of me for thinking that is how things are supposed to work.

powdork, this is a place of BUSINESS. People come here to BUY shit. Try walking into a brick and mortar and start screaming shit that hurts their business. I dare you.

Not only that, you have a GUEST HOME here filled full of your best friends. A little sacrifice to ride out the ad while taking care of it through other channels would certainly have been a much nicer thing to do. As it is, you come off as a real dick. Somebody who I wouldn't mind punching in the face if you walked into my shop and started spewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

I don't know powdork personally, but after viewing this mess I was struck at how self-entitled he appears.

In powdork's case, he apparently feels entitled to surf covertly for pleasure while at work. The ad was cramping his "style".
    I am a web designer. I own my own business. I don't care about the NSFW as it relates to me. I hate having my kids hear it, but they hear worse (from me).

Entitlement is thinking you can surf the web and get all this for free, w/o seeing the ads. Oakley pushes people to not care about that, and it affects my bottom line. I am entitled to protect my standard of living, no?

powdork, this is a place of BUSINESS. People come here to BUY shit. Try walking into a brick and mortar and start screaming shit that hurts their business. I dare you.

Not only that, you have a GUEST HOME here filled full of your best friends. A little sacrifice to ride out the ad while taking care of it through other channels would certainly have been a much nicer thing to do. As it is, you come off as a real dick. Somebody who I wouldn't mind punching in the face if you walked into my shop and started spewing.
    you're right, you ARE hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    you're right, you ARE hostile.
    Hostility, meet hostility.

snowful is an internet bad ass!

there will be no TR to follow the Mt Reba tour...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Hostility, meet hostility.
    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~horton/c...Spy_vs_Spy.jpg
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

go powdork!!

those are stupid ads, it makes me hate the skiers that are in them for some reason. Really just a stupid and annoying ad.

who wears Oakleys anyways, Smith makes the best goggles, we all know that.
    Hello darkness my old friend

my computer is always on mute unless I'm listening to tunes or something so it isn't an issue for me. But I've heard them and they are horribly sucky ads. Not TGRs fault.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Forgive my ignorance - I'm not in the internet ad business - but do the ad counters count page hits or actual ad views. What I'm getting at is, if I'm using an adblocker do the advertisers know that I saw the page but not their ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Forgive my ignorance - I'm not in the internet ad business - but do the ad counters count page hits or actual ad views. What I'm getting at is, if I'm using an adblocker do the advertisers know that I saw the page but not their ads?
    I've been wondering about this stuff, but am completely ignorant. I specialize in hospitality.

The ad obviously requires an NSFW AUDIO tag in order to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post

there will be no TR to follow the Mt Reba tour...
    Oh sure, punish the wrong people. That always works!

Did you create the add?

Seems like you are defending the add as if? you had something to do with it. I have been irritaed by the add for some time. I have seen more than 1 thread started in ask TGR indicating displeasure with the add. But on it goes.?

This is a community of people loudly sayin!!! the add sucks!! its irritating!! fix it PLEASE!

This thread is an appropriate escalation of the displeasure many of us feel related to this add.

Oakley and TGR have crossed a line of intrusion with the sound activation. I should not have to adjust my computer settings to gaurd against this one off obnocius add.

So from me and many others Sayin Now VERY LOUDLY FUCKING MAKE THE BAD ADD GO AWAY

Note TGR Forums are a differnt demographic than New School

Oakley should get the message that this ad is hurting their business. I'm not going to buy or recommend any of their shit after this.

And snowful, fuck off and go away.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    A hit is actually a call to the server, so if a page had four pictures on it, you would probably end up with 6 or more 'hits' (1 for the page, 1 for each picture, 1 for the css file, etc.). The adserver will count the number of times the actual ad (or the little 1x1 image associated with the ad) is called. The adblocker blocks the java script that calls the ad so there is no ad view. That's for banners. For traditional Google adsense, you only get paid when an ad is clicked, which can't happen because again the js that calls the ad is blocked. Advertisers can know when an adblocker is being used if they want. I used to redirect those with ad blockers to a page explaining why they couldn't see my site, but eventually threw in the towel when enough viewers complained.

got it thanx.

I wouldn't create an ugly an obnoxious ad. The only thing I have to do with TGR is posting here, and as result have met new and interesting people which I have been able to share very rewarding time with. Like ski and party time!

I just want us, as a group, to at least present the appearance of being gracious to our host.

Sometimes that requires a little sacrifice on the guests part to get things worked out. Patience is a virtue, which only matters if you are into virtue, I suppose.

If not, keep on keeping on.

Oh sure, punish the wrong people. That always works!
    ill pm the tr to you
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    go powdork!!
    +1

snowful = whiney & self-entitled
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    +1

snowful = whiney & self-entitled
    Wow! You neener neenered me, but good!

To the top cuz I'm a self-entitled whiny attention whore!

Furthermore, what the fuck was the original threat? To quit posting stoke? Riiiiiiiiight. That'll take care of everything. Morons.

Furthermore, what the fuck was the original threat? To quit posting stoke? Riiiiiiiiight. That'll take care of everything. Morons.
    first i closed my eyes and wished the ads away, but that didn't work. then i went on a skiing strike, but i could only last 12 hours.
    then i came up with the stokott, and evidently it was enough to get your panties in a bunch.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Just to voice my experience of this ad campaign:
    I've never used an ad blocker. I'm using one now. I'll probably keep using it now that I've gone to the trouble to install it.

Edit to be clear: I'm using an ad blocker because of the Oakley ads. These are the only ads that have ever annoyed me enough to do something about it, over the course of many years of wasting too much of my time on the internet.
    You have voiced my sentiments exactly. No longer will I be able to view new products being offered by ANY company advertising through TGR (or other sites). If only Oakley hadn't had such a blatantly obnoxious ad campaign. However, this could have been there goal....
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    No longer will I be able to view new products being offered by ANY company advertising through TGR (or other sites).
    I know living in the dark half the year can be rough.

It's OK to come out and play now, I think the mean old ad is gone.