Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    btw, if you like Chrome try Iron (http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php). They stripped out all of the stuff that reports home to Google. Not sure if it's the latest Chrome codebase (Chrome is open source, so anyone can recompile it and adjust things to their liking), but it's sweet.
    Safety third!

1. Going Fast
    2. Looking Good

I guess I actually have to thank oakley. I installed firefox to get adblock, and it is definatly better than IE.

but realise that I will never see another one of the ads that make you $$ tgr. that includes the ones that I have clicked through to buy your dvd's
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

holy shit those Oakley ads are obnoxious...whoever autorized that campaign needs to have any and all decision making power halted yesterday
    A good friend would come bail you out of jail. A great friend would be sitting next to you saying..."but damn that was FUN"

damn, i want some oakley goggles so i too can look like an ass[beep]le
    holy fucking shitballs

Why in the world is TGR getting defensive about this? There are a dozen threads on the topic and probably a hundred people who have said they hate the ads, are using the site less, or are installing adblock. These ads are without a doubt going to negatively affect both companies bottom line, they will cost you both money. This is not only a customer service no brainer, but a financial no brainer as well. Lose the audio or change the ads! It's not rocket science. And if anyone at Oakley had a brain they would have someone sign up here, apologize, and offer TGR mags a token discount code on their products at their favorite online retailer. CUSTOMER SERVICE. It's amazing how many businesses out there simply don't get it.

That is why powdork and knuckleheads like him should have undertaken this crusade on the quiet. This would have ended much more peacefully.

If I were TJ, I would not have put up with your entitled ass. I would have banned you, and deleted your whiny shit.

You fucking unappreciative bitches might have cost him money.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Dear Oakley,

Good ads=Create sales

Bad ads= do nothing

Horrible ads=drive customers away

Which one of the three do you have?

How many of those most likely to spend >$100 on a pair of goggles have said they are no longer going to buy your product?

How many of those likely to own multiple pairs of goggles have said they won't buy your product?

I'm a three goggle owner (one pair is, unfortunately, Oakley), currently looking for another pair. Thanks to your incredibly annoying ads I have entirely ruled out Oakley. I'm pretty sure I will stick by this decision for many years to come.

Check your numbers after this campaign has run it's course. Just don't try to blame the results on the economy.

Sincerely,

Now Dedicated Smith Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by snowful View Post
    That is why powdork and knuckleheads like him should have undertaken this crusade on the quiet. This would have ended much more peacefully.

If I were TJ, I would not have put up with your entitled ass. I would have banned you, and deleted your whiny shit.

You fucking unappreciative bitches might have cost him money.
    Wrong. WE are customers, we buy TGR merch, we buy TGR dvds, we go to TGR screenings, we put their stickers on our cars, helmets and skis and give them free advertising, we generate revenue by click on the ads. Someone can have a new forum up and running within 24 hours, how quickly can they replace the thousands and thousands of users that come here day after day? Not saying that would or should happen, I'm just pointing out how they need us a hell of a lot more than we need them. It's a big mistake to take your customers for granted, and when your customers complain, you should fucking listen. That goes for any business.. The ads are annoying but the only reason this is getting blown out of proportion is because people have been complaining for weeks and they've been ignored.

What Oakley ads?

Quote Originally Posted by quixotle View Post
    I'm just pointing out how they need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.
    There you have it, another entitled whiny bitch.

someone is sure sounding like a whiny bitch, but who?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I don't think you know what entitled means

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Why don't you use an ad blocker even if internet advertising is your business.
    It's amazing to me that 2 admins here have now suggested we use adblockers.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ok everyone, lets all move to the new, rad, unmoderated, no Oakley ad forum.

www.TGRforthebutthurt.com

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Hey man, I am sorry you do not like these ads. Why don't you use an ad blocker even if internet advertising is your business.These are part of our Oakley partnership. These ads are on almost every action sports site out there, not just TGR. The fact of the matter is that these are running for another 5 days as part of their deal. We id not see the creative prior to the campaign, but we are going to finish it. I guess we'll see you then.
    I didn't read the rest of the thread (4 pages, wow), but what's interesting about this response is that you're accepting money from an Oakley, then you're telling people they're targeting to block the ads, while continuing to happily accept money. Probably without Oakley's knowledge.

Is that really easier than just asking O to serve SFW ads that I'm sure they've already prepared for these circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    someone is sure sounding like a whiny bitch, but who?
    I don't walk into someones place of business and start yelling that this and that is fucked up and I demand these and those because I'm entitled.

I show respect. If I don't like something, I quietly walk out and shop elsewhere. How is that whiny?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I didn't read the rest of the thread (4 pages, wow), but what's interesting about this response is that you're accepting money from an Oakley, then you're telling people they're targeting to block the ads, while continuing to happily accept money. Probably without Oakley's knowledge.

Is that really easier than just asking O to serve SFW ads that I'm sure they've already prepared for these circumstances?
    powdork threw a public temper tantrum bashing TGR and Oakley. TJ asked if powdork would calm down for a few days until the ad quit running.

Instead of agreeing to the request made by HIS HOST, and waiting a few days while this stuff gets worked out, he continues his public bashing of the people who enable this awesomeness.

Who's the whiny bitch, Danno?

You people shouldn't looking at TGR during work and your kids need to learn to harden up sooner than later, but I agree that oakley goggles suck.

I don't walk into someones place of business and start yelling that this and that is fucked up and I demand these and those because I'm entitled.

I show respect. If I don't like something, I quietly walk out and shop elsewhere. How is that whiny?
    It is certainly ok for customers to voice their displeasure with a business practice; it has nothing to do with entitlement. In fact, most businesses would prefer that as compared to your approach of silently taking your business elsewhere.

And neither of those is whiny, but it is pretty whiny to complain loudly and often about how others are acting whiny. It's, like, irony and shit.

advres Guest
    It's amazing to me that 2 admins here have now suggested we use adblockers.
    Why is that weird? I have no affiliation with the company. I have no stock in the company. I live on the other side of the country. I don't get why I should care if you block the ads? It's not like TGR will shut down if some people use an ad blocker on their browser.

It is certainly ok for customers to voice their displeasure with a business practice; it has nothing to do with entitlement. In fact, most businesses would prefer that as compared to your approach of silently taking your business elsewhere.
    A sandwich shop I sometimes frequent has a sign that reads "If you were happy with the service you received, please tell your friends. If you were unhappy with the service you received, please tell us".

Most business owners would rather find out that something they are doing sucks via a direct communication as opposed to finding out due to declining sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Interesting thread. I've never had an issue with them. If i happen to mouse over it at home and the sound starts, i make it stop, one click. Sound is always off at work so my office doesn't have to hear that annoying Windows opening jingle. Guess i need to recalibrate my give-a-shit meter, cuz this never really even registered.

Now, can somebody do something about a couple feet of fresh for next weekend please? Thanks...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I hit the mute button and scrolled down, I forgot about it until powdork got all butthurt and freaked out. I am sure you will never post again after the 4600 ones before
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

^^ wrong thread. Please make all snow requests, (in the form of nekid, hot chick pics) to Ullr.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

It is certainly ok for customers to voice their displeasure with a business practice;
    Of course! QUIETLY! That is what I advocate!

it has nothing to do with entitlement.
    I don't know powdork personally, but after viewing this mess I was struck at how self-entitled he appears.

In powdork's case, he apparently feels entitled to surf covertly for pleasure while at work. The ad was cramping his "style".

Everything about this crusade indicates to me he feels entitled.

fact, most businesses would prefer that as compared to your approach of silently taking your business elsewhere.
    Some do, some don't.

neither of those is whiny, but it is pretty whiny to complain loudly and often about how others are acting whiny. It's, like, irony and shit.
    Nope, just making a point in a manner that people here understand.