Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Stoke Boycott - Fuck You Oakley

note-seems like the ads are gone. i hope so.

It's very simple. i will not post another picture or video on TGR until the ridiculously stupid, immature, and NSFW Oakley ads are removed from the forums. I encourage everyone to do the same.
    Since internet advertising revenue is my living I refuse to get an ad blocker, but those ads will do more to kill the golden goose than anything I have ever seen.

What the Fuck are YOU doing
    TGR?

for those that don't know, that's just one of the NSFW quotes the ad campaign blurts out without warning.
    Additionally, i will never buy an Oakley product again. Fuck You too Oakley.

/rant
    /stoke

(note- this was originally posted in the ski/snowboard forum, but was moved in order to accommodate the advertisers)
    edit2-and then it was moved back
    Last edited by powdork; 02-09-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Isn't this more on Oakley than TGR? I guess TGR shouldn't have approved it, but I'm more pissed at Oakley. I definitely can't stand the fucking things, and although I like my one pair of sunglasses from them, I'll do all I can to avoid buying Oakley products in the future.

No. This is 100% on TGR. They may have made an advance purchase of a number of views, but it is still Tetongravity.com, and TGR is responsible for 100% of the content that is not generated by users like you and me.

Good point. I haven't seen a reply from tgr420 in the Ask TGR forum, but someone certainly needs to be notified of the bullshit.

I thought I made myself perfectly clear in the other thread.

The answer is that nobody's listening.

The fact is that I made that decision too, but I didn't start a thread about it because nobody's listening. If nobody's listening, cool. My $ is my voice. I think it's a shame b/c I've been an Oakley loyalist but really, they have good competition from companies that don't talk shit at me while I look at the forum.

jgb@etree Guest
    The ads are obnoxious. Any company so desparate for attention that they need to play NSFW audio must be a shit company and doesn't deserve my business.

Had one go off with someone in my office the other day, and that annoyed me. I got really pissed when I woke up yesterday ~4am to check the snow reports, and the god damned thing went off and woke the baby up.

Fuck you Oakley

BLESS is offline Insert Witty Comment Here
    im confused.

These are the worst ads I've ever seen, I can't believe someone thought they'd be a good idea. I never had anything against Oakley but after being annoyed by these ads and suprised a number of times with the stupid audio that you mute and a minute later reloads. I WILL NEVER BUY AN OAKLEY PRODUCT AGAIN. There's not a lot of advertising out there that sucks and you shrug your shoulders and move on, but it's not often you come across an advertising campaign that genuinely makes you want to never buy their product again. And to think they're paying for this! There's about a dozen threads on this subject already, is there anyone at Oakley paying attention? Idiots..

I'm pretty happy that im a Smith kid and user of ad-block plus!
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

The ads are really woeful and they have annoyed me for far too long. Oakley is a good company, but they must have been dredging the bottom of the barrel when they dreamed these up.

Fuck you oakley, for this mind pollution

USE AN ADBLOCKER AN QUIT YALLS BITCHIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

sign me up

those ads suck donkey balls

WTF is TGR thinking
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I agree, not only ANNOYING but also NSFW. Why the fuck do you have NSFW ads on your fucking website.

Anyone recommend an ad-blocker for Google Chrome?

I'll install it ASAP and (1) not have to view/hear that ANNOYING Oakley ad ever again, but -- AND ARE YOU LISTENING, TGR? -- (2) never see another ad from ANY of your advertisers, ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

you need to get the beta version of chrome then you can use adblock

https://chrome.google.com/extensions...namgkkbiglidom

for firefox users:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

i have nothing for IE users but a head shake of disappointment

I use Adthwart with Chrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowful View Post
    USE AN ADBLOCKER AN QUIT YALLS BITCHIN.
    No add blocker at work. Never had a problem with adds here before.

If everyone here downloaded an adblocker, wouldn't that hurt tgr's sponsors who don't post annoying adds?

Like I have said in other threads, I will NEVER buy another oakley add. I will also never recommend Oakley to anyone and will speak negatively of them in the future. I have access to a large amount of their potential customers too.

Smith>Oakley

...also, one can specify adblock plus settings, you can just filter out SOME ads if wanted. The weird part is, reading this thread makes me want to turn off adblock and see just what is pissin peeps off so bad

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    you need to get the beta version of chrome then you can use adblock

https://chrome.google.com/extensions...namgkkbiglidom
    ^^^ Awesome! Thanks cdlv! Installed it in a second, works fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Hey man, I am sorry you do not like these ads. Why don't you use an ad blocker even if internet advertising is your business.These are part of our Oakley partnership. These ads are on almost every action sports site out there, not just TGR. The fact of the matter is that these are running for another 5 days as part of their deal. We id not see the creative prior to the campaign, but we are going to finish it. I guess we'll see you then.
    Translation: we don't give a fuck because they paid us, and you didn't. Fuck that, and fuck Oakley. Sure, it's easy enough to make sure your volume is off and/or the ad is blocked, but some people actually check TGR from multiple computers--and no one should have been subject to this (at work, especially, where you don't always know how a computer is set up) even once.

I will go out of my way to avoid purchasing Oakley in the future thanks to these ads, and will also encourage others to buy Smith or Scott or anything but Oakley. I am curious to know which agency Oakley uses, because no one there should have a job after this debacle. (And TGR, if someone pays you you just put whatever the fuck they give you up on your site? Not smart.)
    [quote][//quote]

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Anyone recommend an ad-blocker for Google Chrome?

I'll install it ASAP and (1) not have to view/hear that ANNOYING Oakley ad ever again, but -- AND ARE YOU LISTENING, TGR? -- (2) never see another ad from ANY of your advertisers, ever again.
    Chrome just opened up extensions capability without going beta. Adthwart is working real well for me.

Oh, and fuck off oakley. LOL. Never would have bought any of their crap anyway.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Translation: we don't give a fuck because they paid us, and you didn't. Fuck that, and fuck Oakley. Sure, it's easy enough to make sure your volume is off and/or the ad is blocked, but some people actually check TGR from multiple computers--and no one should have been subject to this (at work, especially, where you don't always know how a computer is set up) even once.

I will go out of my way to avoid purchasing Oakley in the future thanks to these ads, and will also encourage others to buy Smith or Scott or anything but Oakley. I am curious to know which agency Oakley uses, because no one there should have a job after this debacle. (And TGR, if someone pays you you just put whatever the fuck they give you up on your site? Not smart.)
    Holy shit, I agree with dex.

TGR doesn't care, Oakley might...... let them know:

customercare@oakley.com

http://www.oakley.com/customer-care/customer-care-info

Hey man, I am sorry you do not like these ads. Why don't you use an ad blocker even if internet advertising is your business.
    Or you as a company you could get an estrogen blocker, could grow a pair and make stand. Stop the campaign and tell them you won't run it and want to be compensated for the damage running their shit campaign has done to your site.
    OH, and is there a CENSORSHIP BLOCKER too??? I guess we can't say anything bad about TGR's bed buddies anymore in the Ski Forum.
    Welcome to Gapic!!!

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    (note- this was originally posted in the ski/snowboard forum, but was moved in order to accommodate the advertisers)

That is fucked.