Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Those heels look like they were made in a high school shop class.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^^ This is the kind of investigative work I was hoping to see from you people. Excellent job TEU.
    Pass me a sharpie...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  45.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Dude on newshour last night said that Saudi Arabia does not want an open war with Iran and does not the US in an open war with Iran.
    Has dude been fired yet or was he a guest that won't be invited back?

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It's all speculative:

- There's evidence the strike might have originated in Iraq or even Iran. Mike Pompeo says there's no evidence the attacks came from Yemen

- The attack might not have been drones at all

- The Houthi used cruise missiles based on an Iranian design in a June 2019 attack

https://www.armscontrolwonk.com/arch...et-the-quds-1/
    From MV's link, we're talking cruise missiles with range up to 1350 km. But pictures of one crashed in the desert suggest a less efficient engine and hence lower range. Pretty much rules out a Yemen launch origin.

If the pictures showing the Quds 1 wreckage in Saudi Arabia are indeed connected to the recent Abqaiq attack, it would seem more likely that the attack originated from a place closer to Eastern Saudi Arabia than Northern Yemen – potentially Iraq, Iran or perhaps even from ships. But then again that is a big if at the current moment.
    Also, given there's nothing interesting to the west of Abqaiq, the cruise missiles may have cruised from another direction turning near the target. Or the Saudis were really bad at noticing a fleet of launcher trucks outside Riyadh and still haven't found them.

Tip for PG - Persian Gulf is among the closest launch locations, and being salt water - shark habitat.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    From MV's link, we're talking cruise missiles with range up to 1350 km. But pictures of one crashed in the desert suggest a less efficient engine and hence lower range. Pretty much rules out a Yemen launch origin.

Also, given there's nothing interesting to the west of Abqaiq, the cruise missiles may have cruised from another direction turning near the target. Or the Saudis were really bad at noticing a fleet of launcher trucks outside Riyadh and still haven't found them.

Tip for PG - Persian Gulf is among the closest launch locations, and being salt water - shark habitat.
    I’m pretty sure the US of A can track a pigeon around the Persian gulf.

They know. Wether they tell us the truth? Is a whole different story.

Saudi Oil Attack

Why would you have mistrust in this administration..? 🧐

It’s funny how this attack is taken as such a massive hit. The US is posturing for conflict, everyone is talking about how this could cause armed conflict between various groups of countries, etc. Yet there are no casualties. They hit the thing in the ME the US actually cares about oil. Never has it been so obviously clear what the US’s true intentions are.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Has dude been fired yet or was he a guest that won't be invited back?
    It was this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederic_Wehrey

Starts at ~345:
    https://youtu.be/vyAkdqwtqHI

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Do you wear vans slip ons in the summer- with socks?
    Or let me guess, that’s some hipster bullshit.

Oof, no, I don't believe I've ever owned a pair of Vans. It should also be noted that while I do have a style, there is irrefutable evidence out there that I don't have style.

Typical TGR thread.

OP posts about a "Black Swan" event that could easily cause World War 3, and soon the thread is about stylish footwear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

*checks notes*

Yep, we’ right on schedule here.

Kracken should be coming along now, any minute.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Lowering bait in water.

King Salman and crown prince Mohammed bin Salman have implemented “Vision 2030”, a long-term blueprint of economic and social reforms designed to modernise Saudi Arabia and wean itself off reliance on oil revenue.

While there has been promise of several reforms for female citizens so far just a handful of the important decisions a woman in Saudi Arabia still cannot make for herself include:

Marry
    Permission to marry must be granted by your wali, or guardian. Women who seek to marry foreigners must obtain approval to do by the ministry of interior, and marriage to non-Muslims is so difficult as to be impossible.

Open a bank account
    While there are now a few jobs women in the Kingdom are allowed to do without male permission, such as working as shop assistants or at fairgrounds, they are not allowed to have their own bank account to control their finances without permission.
    LSE Saudi Arabia academic: Lifting ban on women driving is being used to deflect bad news

Get a fair trial
    The testimony of a woman is only worth half a man’s in Saudi Arabia’s legal system. Women also only receive half the inheritance their brothers are entitled to.

Travel
    Passports and identification cards must be obtained with the permission of a male guardian. Women are usually also not allowed to leave the home alone.

Dress how they want
    “Dressing for beauty” is illegal, and modest clothing and make up encouraged.
    Full length abayas - a long coat worn over other clothes - must be worn by all women in public, although in recent years rules over the colour, decoration and how headscarves are worn have been relaxed.

Interact with men
    Conversations and time spent with men who are not family members is limited. In public, restaurants, universities and other spaces have both a ‘family’ section and a section reserved for men.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7969551.html
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I notice, the Shah of Iran is having something of a resurgence. He's getting a lot of credit for keeping Iran in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Typical TGR thread.

OP posts about a "Black Swan" event that could easily cause World War 3, and soon the thread is about stylish footwear.
    Is this a bad thing?
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

What footwear is best for black swan events? Please be inclusive in your response so that it is something that works for everyone: Iranian Revolutionary Guardsmen, oppressed Saudi women, and ANTIFA protestors.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood Jenkins View Post
    I notice, the Shah of Iran is having something of a resurgence. He's getting a lot of credit for keeping Iran in order.
    Operation Ajax has to rank up there on the list of stupid and regrettable actions carried out the US in our name. Cold War paranoia, is, was, and will never be a valid defense for the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iran, or any other government during that time period. The precedent set is indefensible. And the blowback has led us to where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What footwear is best for black swan events? Please be inclusive in your response so that it is something that works for everyone: Iranian Revolutionary Guardsmen, oppressed Saudi women, and ANTIFA protestors.
    Dude. I've been waiting on your analysis of the situation!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    These. And you can wear them w/out socks.
    https://www.mytheresa.com/en-us/loew..._ca&tc_cmp=cca

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    These. And you can wear them w/out socks.

Never going to work in the middle east - you can see the soles of the shoes. You'd be stoned to death in no time.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Never going to work in the middle east - you can see the soles of the shoes. You'd be stoned to death in no time.
    Plus if you throw them they're just going to come back like a boomerang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Perhaps these Reebok X Victoria Beckham's? They come with socks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P00382335.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	294589

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    *checks notes*

Yep, we’ right on schedule here.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Foot wear is a serious subject, it deserves its own thread.

And I only wear Ecco

Here's a few of my Vans and other casual kicks.. Most worn with socks :-P

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!