Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Maybe a little
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Good one D. I LOL'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yeah... they're called phuckers.
    Coffee through nose, thanks for that.

Not too far from me! I can see the obelisk from my house. It is a mass grave marker for the the victims of the 1847 massacre.

It's actually a pretty cool site. They NPS has worked hard to restore native vegetation so what you see is a lot like how it was back in the day. Good place to stop with the kids for a bit of history on the Oregon trial and the settling of the Northwest.

365 Things To Do In Washington State

#242 - Visit the Whitman Mission National Historic Site located near Walla Walla, Washington. This historically significant place tells the story of the Cayuse Nation and the impact of early interactions between Native Americans and foreign immigrants. See the original house site and the historic route of the Oregon Trail, complete with covered wagons and other relics of the 1800s. (Photos by Scott Boze)
    Visit Walla Walla

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

We did a road trip through there. My wife is infatuated with tales of the Oregon Trail and taught at a Marcus Whitman named school in NY. Wild story of the massacre with Protestants and Catholics and the Cayuse squaring off.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    We did a road trip through there. My wife is infatuated with tales of the Oregon Trail and taught at a Marcus Whitman named school in NY. Wild story of the massacre with Protestants and Catholics and the Cayuse squaring off.
    If she hasn't already read them, here a couple of great books about what is was like preparing for and traveling the Oregon Trail:

Wagon Wheel Kitchens

Surviving the Oregon Trail, 1852

Oregon Trail Stories: True Accounts Of Life In A Covered Wagon

This one has multiple volumes:

Covered Wagon Women, Volume 1: Diaries and Letters from the Western Trails, 1840-1849
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Ahhhhhhhh the beautiful Olympic Peninsula! September is a the perfect time of year to check it out:

72 Hours Exploring the Olympic Peninsula

this is a cool photo of the park from space:

That is very nice^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	olympic pen.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	292887

I'm in the upper left waiting for the tourists to leave.
    The ferry line to leave 7-4 weekend was longer than ever, I'm sure that kept a lot of people away this weekend.

Starfish were devastated in Ca. Coast

https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Co...t-13581326.php

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Beautiful!

Washington - not just scenic but woolly and warm too

Washington grown wool hats available at REI made by family of a local friend. Not only are the Smiths life long sheep farmers but they are also mountaineers and skiers. Mom was on the US Alpine Ski Team and son was a member of the US Biathlon Team - - check it out!

REI innovator series for BCS. Wool hats grown with experience in the Methow Valley of Washington. Our hats are the responsible choice for the future. bcslivestock.com

Last edited by KQ; 09-18-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Betsy was my vet til a couple months ago when she retired. Great people.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

All 3 are good people!

Little bit of a short notice but this looks like fun

Admire Washington’s Fall Foliage And Sip Craft Beer On Mt. Rainier’s Rails To Ales Train Ride

All aboard!

Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum is offering a one-of-a-kind train excursion through western Washington. This scenic excursion known as the Rails to Ales ride combines some of our state’s best offerings: beautiful mountain views and impressive craft beer. The train departs from the historic depot in Elbe, ventures through the Nisqually Valley, and stops at a historic logging camp. There, passengers will exit the train for a two-hour intermission of live music and local beer. It’s hard to imagine a better way to appreciate Washington’s unique history and culture. So be sure to mark your calendar for September 28th, 2019, or better yet, grab your tickets now!

Blue Lake & Golden Larches by Andy Porter

Andy Porter lives up here by me. Our kids went to school together. Great dude. Great photographer. His work is all around town.

Sent from my XT1565 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    Andy Porter lives up here by me. Our kids went to school together. Great dude. Great photographer. His work is all around town.
    Very cool!

Here's another scenic wonder of Washington:

365 Things To Do In Washington State

#280 - Discover 'the world's longest beach'. Long Beach, Washington is remarkable for its continuous sandy beaches on the Pacific Ocean. Spend some time exploring the 28-miles of beach claimed to be the longest beach in the U.S. and the world's largest driveable beach. (Photo via Long Beach Travel)
    Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau

#301- Explore Fields Spring State Park. Located in Anatone, Washington and overlooking the Grand Ronde River, this park has miles of hiking & biking trails. Hike to the top of Puffer Butte for some amazing views of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington including the Wallowa Mountains and the Grand Ronde and Snake River basins. (Photo by D.S. Dugan)

The Grand Ronde is a pretty cool place
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Beautiful Mt. Rainier taken in front of the cafe in Tahaleh, Bonney Lake:

The Larch... had to go review my Monty python for a moment there.

I see Walla Walla is less than 4 hours from Alpental's Lot 4...Won't you join us this Valentine's Day? I'd be glad to swing by and haul yer freight.

The coast was a popular spot for recent high school grads to go celebrate. Once watched a guy driving a Camaro down the beach until he hit the Copalis river. It was low tide and he backed up, drove down closer the surfline and tried to power his way across. Got stuck half way and of course, the tide came in.

Good times...

Last edited by KQ; 11-02-2019 at 12:34 PM.