Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Blood flow restriction therapy has worked amazingly well for me for mass and strength gains with light loads, 10-20% max rep. Supposed benefits from passive application too.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Blood flow restriction therapy has worked amazingly well for me for mass and strength gains with light loads, 10-20% max rep. Supposed benefits from passive application too.
    I had to look that up...
    Interesting, at what point on the age index does the law of diminishing returns start to kick in?

Squeeze real tight at the base while rubbing the top?

i had no idea auto-erotic asphyxiation could help rehab knee injuries! just don't hang yourselves, guys!

Athletic performance in your 40s?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Lulz, "pro tip"?

[/rim shot]

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    I had to look that up...
    Interesting, at what point on the age index does the law of diminishing returns start to kick in?
    So per my PT and orthodoc, it should work even on sedentary people and the elderly, at least for mass maintainence. Just pump up and restrict flow at 60-80% for 5min. Lower 40-60% restriction for arms. Keeping it on long durations is not advised, it will make you more sore than the worst lift day.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, back injuries really screw you over. I have a lot of sympathy for folks with any back issue. It can flair up out of nowhere.
    I had a disc injury last summer, but i don't think it was out of nowhere it was likely from the combined effects of years of abuse leaning forward to bike/ski/paddle

I was out 8 weeks so all of July & Septemebr doing multiple sets of cobra pose but mostly just lying on an ice pack watching netflix or walking down to the craft brew, fortunately the PT fixed me good as new but thru it all the head wonders if this is it ... will you be that guy with a fucked back?

Anyhow I was good to run saw last fall, did 70 or 80 days of skiing but I definatly lost some conditioning taking 8 weeks off so I could feel myself skiing back into shape NOT bouncing over moguls and the bike conditioning was definitely off this spring but all in all i can't complain

except I really don't wana get back in a kayak
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-03-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Lol!

Works 60% of the time every time.

I’m in the best shape of my life outside of college swimming days. Workout 6 days of week. Either gym/weights, boxing or swimming 2-3k each day. Flexibility/injury avoidance on high alert. Lots of hip flexor movements, trans lateral cable pull downs for back work, and of course ,
    Diet.

Pulling chics 10-15 yrs younger, or trying to.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Individual heart rate numbers don't matter much and there isn't much you can do to increase your max if you are somewhat fit. And it will drop as you age. What does matter, and what you can change, is how your body functions at certain percentages of that max. You can train your aerobic threshold (% of max at which you are relying almost entirely on the aerobic pathway/ use fat as fuel/ breathe easily while moving) and lactate threshold (% percentage of max at which you can sustain effort for 30-60 minutes, which also happens to be the level of exertion at which you can process/remove lactate at the same level you produce it). You can test these thresholds and they will move, slightly, but very meaningfully, as you build an aerobic base AND, interestingly, as you lose weight.
    This^^^^. Efficiency is important. Skiing with a guide in Chamonix, I'm in a T shirt and shells and that's it, sweating hard. The guide has on a couple of layers, including a puffy, cool as a cuke. I'm sure my heart rate was faster than his. Who's in better shape?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    So that’s the plan.
    Man plans, god laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    You guys are doing it wrong

Woke up got a blow job from as girl ten years younger than me

Four hr mtn bike ride
    Plenty of weed smoke all day
    Donuts pizza a couple sodas and stretch out jerk off and some pasta for dinner
    Watch TV, troll tinder, post on tgr
    Winning

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app
    As long as you have the VO2max to accomplish all that you're fit.
    Every checked your heart rate while jerking off?

when I renewed my passport I put brown in the hair color

then i thot about it again and changed it to grey

So while I can pass for 10 yars younger with the smoove AZN skin, the grey hair is the dead giveaway

maybe I just need a young woman ( like 50 ? ) to serenade me with " You can leave your hat on "

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Unless you're fucking other guys...or really fat chicks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Young bull and old bull grazing on top of a hill checking out the cows in the valley below.. Young bull says, "Hey old man, how about we run down there and fuck a cow?" Old bull says.. "Nope, lets walk down there and fuck them all"..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had a disc injury last summer, but i don't think it was out of nowhere it was likely from the combined effects of years of abuse leaning forward to bike/ski/paddle

I was out 8 weeks so all of July & Septemebr doing multiple sets of cobra pose but mostly just lying on an ice pack watching netflix or walking down to the craft brew, fortunately the PT fixed me good as new but thru it all the head wonders if this is it ... will you be that guy with a fucked back?

Anyhow I was good to run saw last fall, did 70 or 80 days of skiing but I definatly lost some conditioning taking 8 weeks off so I could feel myself skiing back into shape NOT bouncing over moguls and the bike conditioning was definitely off this spring but all in all i can't complain

except I really don't wana get back in a kayak
    I have disc injuries as well, and now i do 300 crunches 5 times a week. Just 6 inches off the floor.

No back problems unless i slack off for a few weeks, then bending down to buckle my boots creates back problems.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Just pump up and restrict flow at 60-80% for 5min. Lower 40-60% restriction for arms. Keeping it on long durations is not advised...
    There's a fair amount of evidence that similar vascular restriction help reduce the severity of heart attacks, allowing for a greater chance for survival. These observations came about when it was recognized that observant Orthodox Jewish men experienced the greatest survival rates from heart attacks when compared to all other members of Israeli society. The phenomenon was linked to the daily use of the Tefillin during prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Every checked your heart rate while jerking off?
    I thought about it more than once, but my hands were always full.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I have disc injuries as well, and now i do 300 crunches 5 times a week. Just 6 inches off the floor
    cobra pose is lying on stomach and pushing up off the floor into an arch maybe 2 or 3 sets of 10

every time i do a set I can hear the spine click

but the PT fixed me good as new

maybe cuz she is a BC skier

do you use your hands to push up or just try to arch your back without support?

push up on extended arms so the back is arched and my head ends up a couple feet off the ground, at some point I always hear/feel a click

I think the idea is you were bent over for year doing things that bend your spine forward and now you wana bend it the other way

Use ya hands. I keep being told / reading that doing cobra reps is better than holding the pose.

Yeah i do 10 slow reps with full range to the extended length of the arms to stretch out that spine ... seemed to work

Yeah I really been working on my posture, I'll work that in thanks.

Snowboarding fucked my back up. Too many butt slams. I'm convinced that has contributed to some leg issues.

I stretch every day, and use a large ball and foam roller.

arching the back up off the floor with heels on the ball is a good one that the PT gave me

Lotsa talk about back stuff in the spine and back injury/issue threads. fwiw, using the techniques in McKenzie's "treat your own back" works for me if i have a spinal related back attack. Basically first aid for the back...helps bump the status from "can't move, stuck on the floor" to "minimally functional so that using the toilet is now within reason". After the initial hours/days, helps speed the recovery from there. Usual caveats, yrmv, etc... Postures might be basically similar to the 'cobra pose' XXX'er recommended with a few variations.

If it's a muscle spasm where something zaps like muscle fiber got plugged into an electrical socket, it doesn't seem to do shit. If that's the malady; bed rest, heat pad, point pressure with a partner leaning on the area with the end of a broom handle, elbow massage, tight rigid back brace and anti inflammatories are part of the carpet bombing approach to dealing with it.

Name:  41ZMGKG6QPL._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  23.5 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Summary of road biking:
    - heiny shorts required
    - association with the Minneapolis turrorist
    - weakens bones
    - beta position relative to mtb
    - risk of death by automobile
    No shit, you have to be a fearless mofo that eats nails for breakfast and laughs at death to take up this EXTREME sport!

(confession: I sometimes wear MTB shorts.)