Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuck AirCanada

Fuck AirCanada

We land on time, then spend over a half hour waiting for the gate to clear, yet they have to leave early on the next leg to keep their on time record. This effectively stranded a dozen of us in Montreal for 24 hours and me missing a day of Gordy camp. I have been on countless flights were they have held the plane a short time so passengers can make a connection. It not like we were on another carrier, but on AirCanada for both legs. I wouldn't care if it was like most flights were I could catch another flight in a couple of hours, but twenty four hours stuck in a shit hole industrial part of Montreal sucks.

It is costing nearly as much in hotel and meal vouchers as the ticket price, all of which could have been saved by a five minute delay. I was at the gate on time, but not before they closed the cabin door.

End of rant

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Start rant

Seven fucken hours to kill because Air Canada is too cheap to pay for an extended check out. I managed to get the hotel to extend my check out time until two, but my flight isn't until nearly nine. I can't even check my bags until five so I can't do much with all the ski shit I am hauling around. I would drink, but with a seven hour flight ahead of me I got to pace myself, and I don't want to arrive in Cham at ten AM shit faced.

End of rant, at least for now. Did I mention Fuck Air Canada?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Go to a titty bar.

That sounds like a really shitty deal.

Flying is bad enough as it is without getting stranded and missing important ski camps.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

air canada is the worst airline i have ever flown on. many negative experiences but the worst was a 5 hour domestic flight that took 39 hours with luggage delayed for 3 more days. they're rarely the cheapest and even if they are, your sanity is worth far more. westjet domestic, anything else international.

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    air canada is the worst airline i have ever flown on. westjet domestic, anything else international.
    Amen to that. WestJet is awesome and a truly professional company. My wife is from Montreal and a few years back visiting the in-laws we had a huge snow storm that created havoc on flights. All the Air Canada passengers had trouble rebooking there flights on-line or by phone. Poor bastards had to go to the airport and deal with the chaos.

Lucky for us we flew with WestJet and after 10 minutes on the phone we spoke to a HUMAN BEING (imagine that) and got a flight the next day with no hassle.

Air Canada is a flawed organization with a pickle up the ass attitude and poor costumer relations. This is proof that Canada needs 2 other major carriers to compete and ultimately drive Air Canada broke. Westjet is a blessing and when ever possible book with Westjet.
    Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    i identify as a gay transexual

Missing a day of Gordy camp because they shut the godamn door on you like that? That is the suck. I hope you're happily over Iceland right now.

flying out of camp the last two summers, it always seemed that I was flying with consultants. They would book AC, as it got them to the main terminal at YVR. Our company flew hawk air. (small airline that services northern bc, out of the south terminal at YVR)

The air canada flight was supposed to leave ~40 min before the hawk air flight. not once did they leave before we did. Plus I was allowed more free checked baggage, and overweight charges were infinitely cheaper for me than the guys flying AC.

Fuck air canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Fuck Air Canada for only insuring skis if you use a sporttube that the TSA can't put back together cuz they're too busy doing a cav search on someone's disabled grandma.

Oh yeah....and Fuck RBC Avion for only having good points flights on Air Canada & not West Jet or Hawk Air. Me & my stuff better make to Utah....you HEAR ME AIR CANADA?!? Don't make another Canuckian write a letter, FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by PowLizard View Post

Oh yeah....and Fuck RBC Avion for only having good points flights on Air Canada & not West Jet or Hawk Air.
    RBC Avion buys you a ticket just like you were buying it from all the available seats still to be sold. So if there is a ticket for sale on Westjet or any other airline you should be able to use Avion points to buy it. Avion has zero affiliation with Air Canada (or any other airline - thats their whole sales pitch - any seat on any airline)

Canadians generally don't fly Air Canada if they can help it. That should tell you something. I have flown Air Canada many times without incident, but the morale of staff is really low, and they're less likely to go the distance to help you out.

I've now flown to canada more than a few times.
    My very fist time air canada made me wait in sydney with "an engine problem" for 7 hours then a overly long stop over in hawiai with the voice over telling us to get to our plane. but the american imigration was taking far too long, "why are you entering the US? me, "I didn't think I was" him"so your intransit" it was 2am!!!
    ok so I'd rather an engine issue wa dealt with on the ground, but ...
    the asian airlines are stepping up thier game, and this year a 45 min stop over,
    basicly you run to the next plane = gold!
    and I saved over $2000 ca with korean air !!!
    $2000 !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    I probably haven't flown AC in 20 years. Wardair, Canadian, Westjet.... fucking Punjabi Air if it was a choice. Skyhags, overbooking, nasty assed attitude all good reasons to avoid them. I always refer to the 'Air Canada business plan'... don't worry about service and clients just go for predatory pricing, drive out/buyout competition and do what the fuck you want on your own timeline.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Hugh Conway Guest
    Your problem was Quebec. Never, ever, go to or through Quebec. It's not Canadian, it's not European, it's closer to the 3rd world than Mexico. It's the part everyone on the continent hates.

Only good part is the strippers will do more than donkey's there

id rather suck my own dick than fly air canada
    holy fucking shitballs

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    id rather suck my own dick than fly air canada
    sucking my own dick sounds kinda fun.

the biggest problem is overbooking, your ticket means shit. if you must fly air canada make sure you web check-in as early as possible or spend the $15 when booking your flight to choose your seat. but if you're flying on a route that has a ton of daily flights like montreal/toronto or vancouver/calgary and don't care if you get delayed it can pay off. one time i was flying toronto to montreal which ended up costing $125 or so, naturally i got bumped, but i got $200 and the next flight was 45 minutes later. that's the only time getting bumped paid off.. usually the next flight is in 10 hours with a connection in nunavut.

Don't you mean, "fuck air canada, they're hosers, eh"
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    the biggest problem is overbooking, your ticket means shit. if you must fly air canada make sure you web check-in as early as possible or spend the $15 when booking your flight to choose your seat. but if you're flying on a route that has a ton of daily flights like montreal/toronto or vancouver/calgary and don't care if you get delayed it can pay off. one time i was flying toronto to montreal which ended up costing $125 or so, naturally i got bumped, but i got $200 and the next flight was 45 minutes later. that's the only time getting bumped paid off.. usually the next flight is in 10 hours with a connection in nunavut.
    I was told or read somewhere that the cheapest fare on air canada (called Tango fare) has a clause buried in the fine print that basically states you're not entitled to a seat on that flight...you could buy your ticket months in advance and someone can come in on the day of the flight, buy a higher fare class ticket for economy, and bump you off the plane...this is how they fuck you (unless you do as grapedrink advises and pay a little extra for seat selection or pay more for the next fare class up)

Canadians who are hip, stylish, and have great hair fly Westjet. Dirty, homeless American Ex-Pats with sickly sweet puke breath and a penchant for Cheezwhiz fly AirCuntia. Don't even argue with me, I mean it.

Had to double check the info from the pre-flight announcement on a recent flight.
    http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Aw...0/namerica.htm
    ....... lol

To make matters worse, indie get to Cham a day late, so missed the first day. Oh well, shit happens, and there are still five days to go. Cham is in a dry spell, but it is such an incredible place that even that is okay.

So first day we skin out into Switzerland, the weather cold but beautiful, snows manky, I make one turn, and fuck my knee on the second turn. Camp is over for me.

I am now just an American tourist in France.

iscariot

Now that sucks.Time to bust out the hookers and Old Forester..

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    OBNOXIOUS AMERICAN RAGING!!!!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    To make matters worse, indie get to Cham a day late, so missed the first day. Oh well, shit happens, and there are still five days to go. Cham is in a dry spell, but it is such an incredible place that even that is okay.

So first day we skin out into Switzerland, the weather cold but beautiful, snows manky, I make one turn, and fuck my knee on the second turn. Camp is over for me.

Oh no, that sucks! Make the most of it.