Page 715 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... LastLast
Results 17,851 to 17,875 of 41810
    No quote but DB is back to, its just the flu, no actually less than the flu.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I mean, if it's really that fucking difficult to get PPE to replace what is supposed to be one time use, which, unfortunately apparently is, seems like there needs to be some other system of disinfecting PPE. But if obtaining masks is impossible for management to handle, putting together some disinfection plan sounds like real rocket surgery. Hearing this shit actually pisses me off. Because you're talking about something that should literally be one of the simplest fucking tasks in the hospital. At the end of the day it goes way higher than the hospital, looking at you goberment.

Remember those cabinets in science classrooms in K-12 that you put your safety goggles in and they'd magically be disinfected for the next user? Why have we not seen anything like this for medical PPE? Maybe it exists but I haven't heard anything about it. I'm envisioning a device that you open, put the mask on some sort of rotary rack, close it, when turned on the mask is exposed to UV while rotating.
    Our local hospital, Providence St. Mary's, sends their masks out to be disinfected.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    well seeing as how I'm a heathen atheist who believes in neither heaven nor hell (or rather is pretty sure life on earth is actually hell) perhaps you should save it for someone more deserving.
    Well, that's me too. Just thinking on the off-chance that the fairy tales are true, I shall plan on saving you a seat. You may have to put up with a bunch of my asshole friends, though. They're coming with me.

Seriously, I see the use of "Karen" or "Boomer" the same as the N word or "boy." It is a derogatory name used to put down and control people. To keep them in their place.

Seems to me "Karen" has really come to fruition with the advent of the Me Too movement which removed a lot of traditional sexist words from use and "Boomer" is just a trade off for "Hippie."

It's just another way to bully and insult people when you've got nothing intelligent to say and just want to lash out like a child throwing a fit.

"Oh yeah... oh yeah... well.... well ... you're a <insert pejorative here>!

Go ahead ... call me a name... show me what you're made of..
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A day left in the bag should be enough for groceries.
    You got some free medical advice.

But this is how the real pros do it:
    Name:  Monk_d3.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  179.9 KB

Seriously, I see the use of "Karen" or "Boomer" the same as the N word or "boy." It is a derogatory name used to put down and control people. To keep them in their place.

Seems to me "Karen" has really come to fruition with the advent of the Me Too movement which removed a lot of traditional sexist words from use and "Boomer" is just a trade off for "Hippie."

It's just another way to bully and insult people when you've got nothing intelligent to say and just want to lash out like a child throwing a fit.

"Oh yeah... oh yeah... well.... well ... you're a <insert pejorative here>!

Go ahead ... call me a name... show me what you're made of..
    Back in the day they would say "lighten up Francis" and Francises everywhere had to bear that burden.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No quote but DB is back to, its just the flu, no actually less than the flu.
    For the lower risk (under 65 and no pre-existing conditions) it sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Back in the day they would say "lighten up Francis" and Francises everywhere had to bear that burden.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Comparing "Karen" to the n-word is a bad take, KQ. IMHO.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Seriously
    tl;dr

OK, Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    For the lower risk (under 65 and no pre-existing conditions) it sure is.
    And the world is flat and 9/11 was a hoax and planes spray chemtrails. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Exactly. Comparing "Karen" to the n-word is a bad take, KQ. IMHO.
    No it's not. It is the intent behind the word. They are slurs. And "Lighten-up Francis" is like saying "Bob's your uncle" or "What's the plan Stan?" Neither are intended to be pejorative.

A rock is just a rock until you pick it up and throw it then it becomes a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    And the world is flat and 9/11 was a hoax and planes spray chemtrails. Got it.
    Heard someone say the other day that the Covid vaccine will make you sterile (a Government plan)

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I invited a local to a meetup when he called me a Karen on FB. I suggested we meet so he could say it to my face. So far no response. You would be the same pussy. Amiright?
    I've always thought the real pussy was the one that had to resort to his fists because someone hurt his poor little snowflake feelings.

Again to save others who would rather not read your bullshit I will not quote you.

Why its not, "the flu"

A huge difference is that there are vaccines for flu each fall. They’re not perfect, but when well-matched to the circulating strains of flu, which change every year, they reduce the number of cases and the amount of serious disease. There is no vaccine for the coronavirus, which can cause a disease that no one in the world had before it emerged in China in December. Unlike the flu, there are no proven antiviral treatments for coronavirus.
    Now we can continue to go back and forth but it is a waste of time.

You are free to fuck off or even better, go out and actively attempt to become infected and prove your point.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agree to both of these.

There is no way you can prove that what you propose actually achieves this.
    And there's no way you can't. There's certainly 0 chance that without an elimination strategy (4-6 weeks of don't fucking move) and permanently closed borders (28 day supervised quarantine?) any country is going to effectively stop this thing.

No it's not. It is the intent behind the word. They are slurs. And "Lighten-up Francis" is like saying "Bob's your uncle." Neither are intended to be pejorative.

Heard someone say the other day that the Covid vaccine will make you sterile (a Government plan)
    Actually, it is.....The term 'Karen' is to call out people generally acting like raging assholes in public (see video I posted), and not to subjugate an entire race of people. I will henceforth condition the term 'Karen' with the following: Karen (raging asshole) flips out cause it took too long to get her Red Lobster....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I've always thought the real pussy was the one that had to resort to his fists because someone hurt his poor little snowflake feelings.
    Last and only fist fight I had was when a kid tried to bully and fight with me because I weighed 110 and was skiing in jeans. He lost. Bigly. I'm too old to fight now. You don't have the balls to insult someone in person? You are a pussy. It's a pretty simple concept really.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Its an incredibly serious situation for the high risk population but for the the under 50 the CFR is 0.2% and the IFR (depending on what study you believe) is between 0.01 and 0,1%

Or on par/lower than the flu
    Do you find the under 50 distinction significant? Never mind morality, just on a simply economic basis. If you remove everyone 50+ from society for protection, you decimate the economy because there is a helluvalot of consumption and production done by those 50+. If you don't remove them from society, then your data point is useless for the argument you are trying to make.c

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Actually, it is.....The term 'Karen' is to call out people generally acting like raging assholes in public (see video I posted), and not to subjugate an entire race of people. I will henceforth condition the term 'Karen' with the following: Karen (raging asshole) flips out cause it took too long to get her Red Lobster....
    You're right the N word typically covers an entire race whereas "Karen" is an insinuation against women which makes it an especially negative insult when you call a man a "Karen" thereby equating his behavior with that of a hysterical woman and we are right back where we started before the Me Too movement. Women are not equal they are objects and to be called one is to be insulted.

I'm going to leave this here. You all can think about it or not. I've had my say and I will not be dissuaded from my feelings on the matter.

Holy fuck deebased is dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Duh

Sign me up, would save me a lot of money instead of the vasectomy.

Tough news out of Seoul

After 18 days of no community cases, 100+ positives linked to nightclubs. They *were* planning to reopen schools soon, 2000 businesses closed. Article doesn't say, so I'd guess Seoul and the rest of the country remain open.
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...rs-blame-anger
    It was through early, efficient and widespread contact tracing and testing that South Korea curtailed its domestic outbreak despite having the first rapid surge of cases outside China. As of Tuesday, the country had just under 11,000 coronavirus cases and 259 deaths total, despite having had the first case on the same day as the U.S. — on Tuesday alone, the U.S. had more than 18,000 new cases and more than 1,000 deaths.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

I love that we finally found words that piss off basic entitled white people. Cracker just never worked very well. Fat bubba was always a favorite. Jethro as well. Leave it to the ladies to finally break that glass ceiling.

^💯

We have reached peak TGR stupidly.

Karen’s choose to be Karen’s. Period. Full stop.

It’s fucking offensive to equate the two terms.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What kid of group home?

I bought a Costco double pack back in January. I use nitrate for my fiberglass work. Each box typically lasts me a year or more. So I still have a completely u opened box and could donate. Don’t think I’ll ship it to where ever you are, but imagine there may be similar operations in town here who are short. Figured I could call around a donate. Just not sure what the best outlet is: retirement home, or something else.
    I work with developmentally disabled adults, most with dual diagnoses (congenital cognitive impairment accompanied by mental illness). Our group home deals with individuals with behavioral difficulties. Fortunately we haven't had any infections among staff and residents (or I'd be posting about deaths, most of our folks are high risk), however gloves are becoming an issue, we need them like a carpenter needs nails.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים