Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    I was there last night. That's a good band. I tend to agree more with buttah (god help me) than I disagree with him on this, but I think it's pretty irrelevant too. It's a very good cover band, it was a fun night, nuf said.

Drums were actually very interesting with Oteil sitting in and whatever the fuck that thing was that Mickey was playing and setting up the loops on.

Mayer is a very good guitarist and I like guitar, so he's fun to watch. Bob kinda sounded like he'd gargled drain-o early but rallied. Interesting that they finished with The Weight, I think I would actually like them more if they played less Dead.

Have fun tonight fellas, it's a good time if you can buy in to just listening to good musicians playing good songs. A lot of people seemed to think they were listening to the Dead and that part's a little much for me.

^^it is a good band. And most likely the last large production band we’ll see from the fellas.

The show did remind me of a question I may have had for a while. If you plant ice, why the hell are you going to harvest wind? Seems like you'd harvest icicles or snow cones or something. Cute little ice cubes.

Cubes would make sense. JM rocking Wolf tonight

Edit misfire

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The show did remind me of a question I may have had for a while. If you plant ice, why the hell are you going to harvest wind? Seems like you'd harvest icicles or snow cones or something. Cute little ice cubes.
    Because one would plant in the winter/Spring and harvest in Autumn.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I’m gonna tell you, that was intense. Why wouldn’t I have gone?
    No reason.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    JM rocking Wolf tonight
    I had no idea he could play an adult sized guitar.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    heh

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Me too.
    Dude it was great seeing you!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was there last night. That's a good band. I tend to agree more with buttah (god help me) than I disagree with him on this, but I think it's pretty irrelevant too. It's a very good *cover* band, it was a fun night, nuf said.

Drums were actually very interesting with Oteil sitting in and whatever the fuck that thing was that Mickey was playing and setting up the loops on.

Mayer is a very good guitarist and I like guitar, so he's fun to watch. Bob kinda sounded like he'd gargled drain-o early but rallied. Interesting that they finished with The Weight, I think I would actually like them more if they played less Dead.

Have fun tonight fellas, it's a good time if you can buy in to just listening to good musicians playing good songs. A lot of people seemed to think they were listening to the Dead and that part's a little much for me.
    *cover* See next.
    Well they are good musicians and yeah they're playing good tunes and playing them (very) well.
    See here's the thing, it is the Dead. It's what the Dead has turned into. Like with so many bands they've always been kind of an experimental ensemble with members floating in and out. Usually more out than back in but whatever. They replaced keboardists pretty often, out of necessity sure but it happened and I know they talked about replacing other members if necessary. It was usually decided that they would continue post tragedy because the machine had grown so big and so many people depended on it to support their families. People say the GD should have died with Jerry, they said the same when Pigpen had to bail out and then died.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    JM rocking Wolf tonight
    Boy did he play the shit out of that thing! I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I’m gonna tell you, that was intense. Why wouldn’t I have gone?
    No reason.
    Yup! So glad I made the effort to be there. What the fuck is with $50 parking! That sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Haha

Man did they have the sound wired. Speaker stacks in all the right places and at the top there was a series of speakers pointed in all sorts of directions to cancel out the sound off the back wall and roof so it was flat not boomy. I was in the top section and the sound was fantastic, better than I've ever heard at any big stadium.

i am not going to sit here and complain about something I have zero control over.

It was a hell of a good time in the lot and inside.

whoever said it sounded like Bobby was struggling in the beginning last night... I 1000% agree. Thought his voice was going to blow.

Not a fan of Mayer's singing but when he sings 'althea'...he does it good for me.

and that other one>dew..... made my night

can't wait for Bobby & Wolf bros to tour again......that to me is the best post-Dead stuff happening now.
    I ski the east.

GL, very little turn over in the Grateful Dead. Keyboardists died or became a shitshow. Pigpen was not good enough to continue with the band as they became bigger and better. The core has been there forever until Jerry died. The Grateful Dead died when he did. I'm shocked Billy came back and went with Dead n Co. He was not a fan of Furthur and called it a money grab directly to my friend.

They're having fun and making money, so good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Man did they have the sound wired. Speaker stacks in all the right places and at the top there was a series of speakers pointed in all sorts of directions to cancel out the sound off the back wall and roof so it was flat not boomy. I was in the top section and the sound was fantastic, better than I've ever heard at any big stadium.
    The sound at the Gorge on the lawn was outrageously good. By far the best sound I've ever heard at a venue with more than 5000 people, and probably as good as I've heard anywhere. Just spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger King View Post
    can't wait for Bobby & Wolf bros to tour again......that to me is the best post-Dead stuff happening now.
    Funny, I saw the Wolf Bros and thought it was good, but I'd go to 100 Dead and Co shows before another Wolf Bros if I had the choice. Don't get me wrong, I will see the Wolf Bros again if they come to town, but it's funny how we are all different. Fuck me, maybe I am just becoming a John Mayer fanboy. Wolf sounded dope as fuck last night.

Haha Mayer fanboi Yup Wolf sounded fanfuckingtastic. Kind of like it was waiting to come out to play again and make us all happy.

anybody goin to lakewood? I'll be there!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I would 100% be coming to Boulder but we have a family trip that was scheduled before the tour. -
    bring the family
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The sound at the Gorge on the lawn was outrageously good. By far the best sound I've ever heard at a venue with more than 5000 people, and probably as good as I've heard anywhere. Just spectacular.

Funny, I saw the Wolf Bros and thought it was good, but I'd go to 100 Dead and Co shows before another Wolf Bros if I had the choice. Don't get me wrong, I will see the Wolf Bros again if they come to town, but it's funny how we are all different. Fuck me, maybe I am just becoming a John Mayer fanboy. Wolf sounded dope as fuck last night.
    we are all different, that is for damn sure.

i love that stripped down bobby & wolf bros sound. love it.
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Pigpen was not good enough to continue with the band as they became bigger and better.
    wut
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

i think he means he sucked at playing anything other than the blues, which is, i think, objectively true

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    wut
    Yup. Don't get me wrong, I dig Pigpen's vocals and harmonica playing, but he was getting lost in the band. This is well documented.

Analog still sounds the best. All these speakers with built-in amps...meh

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

See here's the thing, it is the Dead.
    Look I'm not hard core into this point but we just disagree. In my world, the Dead died with Jerry. It's how I feel.

Far from dissing the show, the band, or any of it. I like it, I've seen them 3 times, but to me it's another band now.

Dead & Slo.

See you at Phish.

Because, well it’s funny
    Name:  IMG_9920.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  172.7 KB

That is funny, and there is another one to put together the full two-night run.

Foxboro is the first time I've seen them live and I wasn't Blown Away but it was a good time. Who is going to Martha's Vineyard to see Phil and Friends ?
    Wmvy just played new Speedway Boogie and it wasn't a dead show anything just in rotation. Call it whatever you want, dead and Company make a lot of people happy. That's good enough for me

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.