Page 36 of 98 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    i love night skiing at meadows . many good memories.

fuck me. i'm driving. i can't put a brand new board in the ski box on the mt. hood express to get beat to death before i've even ridden it. leaving early.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Is night riding any better on Hood? Less crowds.
    Less crowds, more Russians and or Ukranians, it can be pretty good when the weather lines up @ mhm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Night skiing at skibowl was always better. Got cold enough to snow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

If you're driving and haven't left by now, don't bother. 650am arrival was middle of third row this AM at MHM.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There's Russians skiing at Hood. I don't get out much....
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    If you're driving and haven't left by now, don't bother. 650am arrival was middle of third row this AM at MHM.

I was afraid of this...

Night skiing MHM is great, especially in a storm and after 7:00, most are gone by then.

Night skiing Skibowl is always a crap shoot nowadays, Dust on crust, unless it's going off, then nothing beats the upper chair. Which hasn't opened for the season yet.

Multipor is running nights & with another week of frozen precip hoping upper bowl will go. Buzz up there mid-week bbq in Multipor lot. Miss that place.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Multipor is running nights & with another week of frozen precip hoping upper bowl will go. Buzz up there mid-week bbq in Multipor lot. Miss that place.
    Spent 3 years chasing around ankle biters, Mitey Mites, on Cascade chair, nice pitch. Too bad it hardly runs anymore except Sat & Sun plus Yumper is a fucking tube hill now...

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

@k2skier112, you were prescient, my friend. Without Vista & Cascade, lines were ridiculous & I gave up on the day.

Mattig & R were cool partners for the time we skied. We tried to escape the crowds with an early lunch courtesy of mattig at the truck. Delicious venison chili! (I’ll have to host lunch next time.) But heading out again at 11a didn’t seem to improve the lines as we’d hoped.

MHM has been so focused on improving parking and customer access to the resort, but it seems uphill capacity is an equal partner that got forgotten in the effort.

As we came back thru Govy towards noon, T-line’s access road was a parking lot out to the turn lane on 26, too.

crash on timberline road at 2:15 and we're stuck behind it at 4

Well, we tried... Probably won't try tomorrow. Wish we could try Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    @k2skier112, you were prescient, my friend. Without Vista & Cascade, lines were ridiculous & I gave up on the day.

Mattig & R were cool partners for the time we skied. We tried to escape the crowds with an early lunch courtesy of mattig at the truck. Delicious venison chili! (I’ll have to host lunch next time.) But heading out again at 11a didn’t seem to improve the lines as we’d hoped.

MHM has been so focused on improving parking and customer access to the resort, but it seems uphill capacity is an equal partner that got forgotten in the effort.

As we came back thru Govy towards noon, T-line’s access road was a parking lot out to the turn lane on 26, too.
    Or HRM or Heather.

I'll be up Monday. Next Saturday me and the boy will be up, he's an official full time salaried M-F 9-5 employee now.

Next Saturday I plan on coming home thru HR.

Where skiing isn't magic. That whole place is a cluster. Venison chili wow.

Coming home through govy is great as long as you leave before 2pm. Or after 7pm.

Jonesy, don't get too excited. It was just regular old chili, but instead of ground beef, we used ground venison. Never tried it before. Tasted gamy at first, but 3 more hours in the slow cooker and it got pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Or HRM or Heather.
    HRM would have helped too

I have a special elixir for you mattig when you grace bachelor with your renowned bbq.

Venison chili is proper. Showed up at 2:30 and got on MHX. It promptly broke down and they shut it down. Got a few laps on blue and stadium. Skiing is nice and the 7 year old is crushing my favorite runs but the crowds are real. In hood river this evening for another go tomorrow.

jesus the meadows clusterfuck
    splooged onto 26 almost to govy by 8:20. it was amazing. that shit i don't miss but that was worse than i remember on any particular day. i have no idea why but even the busiest days at timberline -- lots full and the road shut down -- never seem close to as bad as the worst weekends at meadows.

today there didn't seem to be as many assholes and the virgin board rode like a dream

Somebody fell off the Sunrise chair this afternoon. Right at tower 1

I can confirm it was not any of us!!! I hope they are ok.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Someone fell at MHM today too. Heard it was bad. Perhaps broken leg? 2ndhand unconfirmed

i saw several people having really bad days at timberline. rode up with patrol and a friend of a guy who apparently jumped over something on the alpine trail down to govy and landed on a rock out of bounds. according to the patrol guy, timberline does some rescue as a courtesy depending on how close to the boundary you are. so they sent a snowmobile down and got the guy. another guy, much later, got sent up the lift on a sled appeared to be in bad shape, either head injury or shock or something. i told the boy to take a good look and never take that ride. there was a decent amount of new snow but underneath was icy/hardpack. visibility was not great for periods and the flat light didn't help. i saw several bad crashes.

first time on the board i tried to take it easy and of it with the boy but i got 1.5 hours to myself and cruised gullies trying to move it around and bombed a few things and it felt pretty much perfect at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Somebody fell off the Sunrise chair this afternoon. Right at tower 1
    Appeared to be a 10-12 year old kid, conscious but in significant pain. Vibes to the kid and the family.

Note to parents. Put the bar down. Their center of gravity is much closer to the edge of the sear.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    mine is small enough to slip under the bar. I place a ski pole under seat handle, over her lap and hold the other end. Basically a ski pole seat belt. Skiing FTW once again
    I did that with my son, until about 8 or 9, until he wouldn't allow it any more. But I always stressed to have a hand on the side bar or center pole, we spent a lot of time on Riblets early on.