Page 138 of 465 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 11614
    Well, yeah, sorry for the weird blog-length, rather meaningless post. It was supposed to be like "take it easy, things will work out and we'll get to ski and I need to remind myself to not be a brat" rather than a trip to the dark side of my angry place where I repeatedly can't seem to take my own advice when I start seeing those tail lights. It means a lot to me to be able to confess a bit, so thanks for reading anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I smell alcoholism
    Ha, woops. Funny you should mention that. Something beyond it sounding like a drunken rant? Like, seeming like alcohol was playing a role in the events as described? Something else you recognize? Can't a guy down two or three beers (on a weekda--- uh --- what day is this?) before noon and lay out a wandering rant, without being called an alcoholic? OH right, epic.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Interesting quasi off topic ramble. But what the heck, I'll play......I always try to ski in search of the run that made the trip. Last weekend was a family trip. My youngest is a blue groomer kinda girl. Don't get me wrong, skiing with the kids makes for a satisfying weekend but I had promised to take my mom up whales tail. I knew I had one chance to get my fix. Skied t-bar to Imperial, imperial to Kenosha and top of Kenosha down to the base of 7 like it was my only chance to get my fix for the day. Snow wasn't great and the terrain wasn't anything special but I skied it as hard as I could and at least felt like a fucking boss. That series of three runs alone would have made the trip worth it.
    Nice!! Yeah, I know what you mean. In this case, I don't think the kid was stoked on the run they just did/about to do, he was responding to something like "we can do that run later" and got a little bratty. Also, he was just a kid, I done worse as a kid and as a grown man.

Just amazing how within an hour of the real snow coming down, I70 closes at the tunnel. Thankfully the pass was open. People suck.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Just amazing how within an hour of the real snow coming down, I70 closes at the tunnel. Thankfully the pass was open. People suck.
    I honestly love it. I love the fact that I'll get an alert 30 minutes into a snow storm that tells me there is a car on fire closing Eisenhower. There is always something along those lines. Or a turned over 18-wheeler, it literally never fails. The I-70 shit show is a constant real variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I honestly love it. I love the fact that I'll get an alert 30 minutes into a snow storm that tells me there is a car on fire closing Eisenhower. There is always something along those lines. Or a turned over 18-wheeler, it literally never fails. The I-70 shit show is a constant real variable.
    No snow show today: https://t.co/HfoMsoXkMn
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I70 shitshow is in full effect!

Stuck two miles before the tunnel and haven't moved in 30 minutes. Dumping snow

Closed for avalanche mitigation work both directions

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I70 shitshow is in full effect!

Stuck two miles before the tunnel and haven't moved in 30 minutes. Dumping snow

Closed for avalanche mitigation work both directions

can't be, it's wednesday

that only happens on fri sat and sundays

???? The CDOT cameras show light traffic. Nothing closed

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    ???? The CDOT cameras show light traffic. Nothing closed
    ALTERNATIVE FACTS!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Man, it must be very difficult to drive with all that sun today.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

It is a little brutal at quitting time. Soon enough I will be getting it both ways.

I have friends from Alabama staying in Breck. They are low intermediate skiers. I plan to make some turns with them tomorrow (Saturday). They have the option of skiing Breck or Keystone. I haven't skied Breck in years. And have not been to Keystone this year.
    Which place would have less crowded lift lines on Saturday? (I'm thinking keystone...)
    Which place would be better option for driving back to Denver in the afternoon, considering the storm coming? (If LLpass is open, then Keystone? If closed, then Breck via 285?)

I have friends from Alabama staying in Breck. They are low intermediate skiers. I plan to make some turns with them tomorrow (Saturday). They have the option of skiing Breck or Keystone. I haven't skied Breck in years. And have not been to Keystone this year.
    Which place would have less crowded lift lines on Saturday? (I'm thinking keystone...)
    Which place would be better option for driving back to Denver in the afternoon, considering the storm coming? (If LLpass is open, then Keystone? If closed, then Breck via 285?)
    That's a tough one. I would plan on Breck and 285, especially if you live south of the metro. Keystone sucks for intermediate skiers anyway. With the storm, good chance of LL closing for one reason or the other, same goes for I70.

Tell em I said "Roll Tide!!!"

If I said Roll Tide, the reaction would be unpleasant. They are Auburn grads.

I don't know why you say Keystone suck for intermediates. That's most of the terrain.

What about the crowds between the two?

Nasty winds this morning

If I said Roll Tide, the reaction would be unpleasant. They are Auburn grads.

I don't know why you say Keystone suck for intermediates. That's most of the terrain.

What about the crowds between the two?
    Oh, then take them to Ski Cooper. War Eagles can't ski for shit

Both areas will be a shit show on a Saturday. You literally can not win. Breck at least has the 285 escape route. I would almost guarantee a I70 closure, and a LL pass closure on Saturday.

Keystone sucks for intermediates because Keystone sucks for everyone. Why drive across the county to stand in line all day at Keystone when you could stand in line all day at Breck?

Aaaaand I70 shuts down for high winds Between Beaver Brook and Bakerville. I think I mentioned this happening earlier in the year and people didn't believe it could happen....

If it's dumping snow, there's a good chance you can avoid YUGE crowds by skiing the upper lifts at Breck. Tourists don't like skiing in whiteouts. The lower lifts will be crowded, regardless. Falcon, Peak 6 and T-bar might be your best bets....there's some intermediate/easy diamond terrain off those chairs. Absolutely avoid Beaver Run, Colorado and Independence chairs.

ETA: I just realized that Elkhound's friends are "low intermediate" skiers....those chairs to avoid will be right up their alley, unfortunately. Rocky Mountain and Mercury might not be terrible. Good luck!
    Last edited by cmsummit; 02-10-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Old's Cool.

I always recommend keystone to my intermediate out of town friends, they are consistently blown away at the consistent pitch of the runs, the high quality grooming, the speed control checks, and the incredible views.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Aaaaand I70 shuts down for high winds Between Beaver Brook and Bakerville. I think I mentioned this happening earlier in the year and people didn't believe it could happen....
    Heard a semi got blown over at Georgetown.

My buddy wants to stay at Breck. His 20yr old asked me to take him to one of the bowls. He's only been on a snowboard 5 times. What could possibly go wrong?!

My buddy wants to stay at Breck. His 20yr old asked me to take him to one of the bowls. He's only been on a snowboard 5 times. What could possibly go wrong?!
    Take him to peak six what ever that chair is. Ski down right by the lift. Somewhat easy. Views high alpine terrain lots of punters up there you all will fit right in

Just take him down lake chutes. go big or go home

Eh, we basically stuck to peak 9 to stay with his dad. Off piste snow was crap

Eh, we basically stuck to peak 9 to stay with his dad. Off piste snow was crap
    I found really nice snow on Peak 9 northerly aspects as well as up in the alpine yesterday. I guess if you we're skiing intermediate terrain on Peak 9, you weren't on any north aspects tho.
    Old's Cool.

Take it to the weather thread JONGs, this thread is for the butthurtz.