Page 64 of 265 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 6620
    ^^^ Uh huh. Yet another thing in which you are so expertly wrong.

Explain to me why if I don't run the fan when frying, my smoke detectors goes off and yet if I do run the fan, the smoke detector doesn't go off.

I guess it could be some weird coincidence. Or maybe you are just an idiot.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Uh huh. Yet another thing in which you are so expertly wrong.

Explain to me why if I don't run the fan when frying, my smoke detectors goes off and yet if I do run the fan, the smoke detector doesn't go off.

I guess it could be some weird coincidence. Or maybe you are just an idiot.
    GladeMaster is on a roll with his dis-information campaign today. Ours is vented outside and sucks the smoke out of the kitchen in under a minute, but ya, it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

(in which case you'll also need a source of make-up air with a barometric damper)

balderdash
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Do all you guys bitching about the vent fan actually have a duct that goes outside? Of all but one of the dozen or so places I've lived in my life, that shit just got sucked up and blown back into the kitchen out the top of the microwave. That's why I never use the vent, because it's fucking pointless.
    We remodeled our kitchen and my wife insisted we include changing the oven vent to go outside. Required going up into attic and out the roof as the oven is on an interior wall. She gets points for that call...i have many...many wtf stories...but I will leave at that.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    cheap instal ^^ mine are both vented to the outside
    Sealed my vent fan ducting with wax rings to meet code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yes, time to transmografy this tired thread:
    Roof contractor slathered tar all over the perforations in my crest roof vent - why is my ceiling turning black with mildew?
    Bathroom tile contractor slathered sealant all over the shower drain stack perforations - why is my engineered bamboo hall way floor outside the bathroom turning green and black with mold?
    So now it's the bad contractor thread? Or it's about home humidity levels and the physics behind modern plumbing? Or are we talking about flooring? I'm confused.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yes, time to transmografy this tired thread:
    Roof contractor slathered tar all over the perforations in my crest roof vent - why is my ceiling turning black with mildew?
    Bathroom tile contractor slathered sealant all over the shower drain stack perforations - why is my engineered bamboo hall way floor outside the bathroom turning green and black with mold?
    cause you didn't do the job right yourself?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    (in which case you'll also need a source of make-up air with a barometric damper)

balderdash
    We lack wax rings on our ducts, but if the fan is really needed I do tend to open a window. Sometimes it takes a little work to convince my wife that the open window shouldn't be the one right next to the fan. I should blame her upbringing but I usually forget.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Women can't figure out fans, huh? You guys (not all in here) come across as sexist dumbasses. Sorry you chose the one ya did, there's plenty of them out there smarter than that.
    Thing is, they also have to choose you. Maybe some people here aren’t getting to yes with the higher functioning crowd

Yes, 750 CFM roof-mounted blower. The intake end under the hood ain't all it should be, but roof mount sure keeps the noise down.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Do all you guys bitching about the vent fan actually have a duct that goes outside? Of all but one of the dozen or so places I've lived in my life, that shit just got sucked up and blown back into the kitchen out the top of the microwave. That's why I never use the vent, because it's fucking pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Yes, 750 CFM roof-mounted blower. The intake end under the hood ain't all it should be, but roof mount sure keeps the noise down.
    Solid plan. Negative pressure in the duct means you won't need wax rings, too. Sneaky smart right there!

Spent a few hours cleaning up the yard last weekend including running new hose down to the lower portion of the yard. Hung it up on the fence so my wife can use it to water the plants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.51.25 PM.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	493.2 KB 
ID:	330350

Not two hours later .... she claims she didn't even have to TRY to turn it into a knot. I guess that's impressive all by itself.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.52.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	330351

Great, now our hoes can’t even use the hose properly.

2020.......amiright?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Spit take.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Not two hours later .... she claims she didn't even have to TRY to turn it into a knot. I guess that's impressive all by itself.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.52.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	330351
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Name:	IMG_3060.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	659.9 KB 
ID:	330357
    That’s great.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Wow. I solved this issue with Zero G hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wow. I solved this issue with Zero G hoses.
    $10 says she could fuck that up too

Mrs. Huckbucket's Christmas gift list:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Suncast-Pla...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

$10 says she could fuck that up too
    Not impossible, but much harder. Also much easier to un-fuck if needed. They're also just much better hoses overall (IMVHO) and don't cost any more than than good vinyl/rubber hoses.

I got hosed in zero g once.
    Or maybe that was spacewalk
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

What am I, a dentist man!?!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

I need a new one, the one I had from Ace fell apart this spring.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Unless you have a commercial hood (in which case you'll also need a source of make-up air with a barometric damper), most hoods that vent to the outside don't move a large enough volume of air to meaningfully reduce the amount of odor, smoke or heat in the house from cooking.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but your wives are right: even the ones that vent outside are minimally effective, while also being maddening to work in close proximity to because they're so fucking loud.
    I'm not following, I think your presumption here is every house is airtight and 100% hemetrically sealed and that's why cooking exhaust systems do not work. Which is way off from reality.

There is one and only only way to ever know how airtight a home is. Helpful hint, its not from reading someone's post on TGR. You get a professional to do a blower door test, which tells you how much CFM of outside air flows into your your structure.

The solution to loud vent exhaust systems is very simple, get one where the fan and motor are either outside the building or in a crawl space.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    I'm not following, I think your presumption here is every house is airtight and 100% hemetrically sealed and that's why cooking exhaust systems do not work. Which is way off from reality.

There is one and only only way to ever know how airtight a home is. Helpful hint, its not from reading someone's post on TGR. You get a professional to do a blower door test, which tells you how much CFM of outside air flows into your your structure.

The solution to loud vent exhaust systems is very simple, get one where the fan and motor are either outside the building or in a crawl space.

There was no presumption made at all, but rather a spurious inference on your part. Code requires a source of make-up air with a barometric damper if you are installing a hood that moves more than 400cfm of air, regardless of how leaky your house is.

I didn't say they don't work, I simply said they are not as effective as many people want them to be, given the cfm that most residential hoods move.