Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Bring back the chicken bake!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't like the hot dogs at Costco. There, I said it. The steamed buns are gross. The hit dog itself is ok.

Grillo's PIckles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0674.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	421473  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

have some of those in the fridge. But my Costco only has Grillo's pickle chips, not spears.

If you can find these (not at Costco, AFAIK), they are awesome.
    Name:  61HCjpehy0L._SY679_.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  21.1 KB
    Name:  81dXd6JkJsL._SY741_.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  51.6 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    have some of those in the fridge. But my Costco only has Grillo's pickle chips, not spears.
    Since we're on the Costco pickle bandwagon... I like these wee things:

Costco has Bubbies bread and butter chips that I like for sandwiches. My mom was just telling me she's gotten Nalley's spicy dills at Costco and they're really good, but I haven't seen them at my store yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Costco has Bubbies bread and butter chips that I like for sandwiches. My mom was just telling me she's gotten Nalley's spicy dills at Costco and they're really good, but I haven't seen them at my store yet.
    Oooh - some friends brought some of those spicy dills to a picnic recently... those were TASTY.

What do I want from Costco?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Bring back the chicken bake!!!!!

Ours has the chicken bake and the price just went up to $3.99. Seems like it’s just a matter of time for the hot dog.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

A friend recently bought the Intense 951 Trail bike and told me yesterday that he really likes the bike so far. Putting the bike together was somewhat of a chore apparently, but the ride is great compared to his previous bike.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Ours has the chicken bake and the price just went up to $3.99. Seems like it’s just a matter of time for the hot dog.
    Thank you for this valuable information. I'm going to protest outside with a sign at this point.

Although the pretzel thin mints are delicious they are too minty for me.

There is an episode of “The Journal” podcast about Costco rotisserie chickens and the hoops they jump through to keep the price low. Apparently they have purchased/open poultry farms and processing centers just for their rotisserie program.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

English Laundry 5-Pocket pants.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    There is an episode of “The Journal” podcast about Costco rotisserie chickens and the hoops they jump through to keep the price low. Apparently they have purchased/open poultry farms and processing centers just for their rotisserie program.

yep. the loss leader at the back of the warehouse is REALLY important to them. I buy the chickens regularly, provides many meals for dirt cheap.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yep. the loss leader at the back of the warehouse is REALLY important to them. I buy the chickens regularly, provides many meals for dirt cheap.
    It's just like baiting a trap. You need to make sure the victim goes all the way to the back.

I should probably give one of those rotisserie chickens a try some time.

I started to write chickens, pizzas, hotdogs, and sodas are all loss-leaders but there is so much profit built into pizzas, hotdogs, and sodas I wonder if that is actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't like the hot dogs at Costco. There, I said it. The steamed buns are gross. The hit dog itself is ok.
    Actually had my first Costco hot dog today. I'm no snob, I eat piles of garbage food, but couldn't stomach that thing. Took one bite and tossed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I started to write chickens, pizzas, hotdogs, and sodas are all loss-leaders but there is so much profit built into pizzas, hotdogs, and sodas I wonder if that is actually true.
    Sodas are definitely not loss-leaders, huge margins. A high school buddy was the asst. manager at the local Burger King for a time. He said the all-in cost on a large soda (soda, ice, cup, lid, straw) was 3 cents. Even after 25 years of inflation it can't be more than 25 cents at the most and they sell it for $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sodas are definitely not loss-leaders, huge margins. A high school buddy was the asst. manager at the local Burger King for a time. He said the all-in cost on a large soda (soda, ice, cup, lid, straw) was 3 cents. Even after 25 years of inflation it can't be more than 25 cents at the most and they sell it for $2.
    depends on the outlet and form of sale (fountain vs. ind. bottle/can vs. multipack). For some retail stores definitely can be loss leader or close to it. Invoiced price of a 12-pack of coke being ~$4-5 and they were selling at 3/$10. (That’s outdated approximate, invoice might have been higher, but that wouldn’t cover other discounts, important part is $n invoice > $n selling price )

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Attachment 420378

This was not bought at Costco but they should carry it. Damn that’s a good condiment. I’d like it in a quart size though. That little jar was $9 at our local specialty grocer. But it’s worth it.

Hey, thanks for posting that! Ordered a bottle from Amazon. Good stuff, although the bottle is much smaller than I expected. Certainly could use the Costco supersize treatment at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I should probably give one of those rotisserie chickens a try some time.
    It's a rotisserie chicken. A good store bought one, but still a grocery store rotisserie chicken. Which is to say, it's decent, fast, and Costco's is so big that it's a fantastic deal. And can be used in all sorts of ways.

But a food snob is still going to turn up their nose at it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11FD01AA-D7FC-4FB0-83BF-A2F239360345.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	505.3 KB 
ID:	421571
    watch out for snakes

I just had my son time me in the self checkout. 33 seconds. I only had 11 items but I still feel like you should be impressed by that

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I just had my son time me in the self checkout. 33 seconds. I only had 11 items but I still feel like you should be impressed by that
    The pre-designated payment is great. So fast.