Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Not much left to cheer for or against here. I guess Aves because I can't remember the last time they win a cup. Tampa comes across as lame because their goalie looks like a sumo wrestler. There should be a maximum dimensions limit for a fully padded goalie.. or he should have to defend a larger goal.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Not much left to cheer for or against here. I guess Aves because I can't remember the last time they win a cup. Tampa comes across as lame because their goalie looks like a sumo wrestler. There should be a maximum dimensions limit for a fully padded goalie.. or he should have to defend a larger goal.
    Yikes. Terrible takes all around. All it's missing is wanting a colourful streak to follow the puck to make it easier to see.

You don't remember Ray Bourque finally lifting the Stanley Cup??? Pretty sure 99% of the hockey world was cheering for the Avs that year. Same sort of situation - screw the Devils and their super-goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You don't remember Ray Bourque finally lifting the Stanley Cup??? Pretty sure 99% of the hockey world was cheering for the Avs that year. Same sort of situation - screw the Devils and their super-goalie.

My youngest kid just graduated high school. My oldest kid wasn't even born yet when that happened. Might as well be talking about Bobby Hull..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My youngest kid just graduated high school. My oldest kid wasn't even born yet when that happened. Might as well be talking about Bobby Hull..
    He didn't ask if your kids remembered it, he asked if you did.

these are the finals almost everyone wanted to see if it wasn't their team...

No, not really.
    F tampa

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    He didn't ask if your kids remembered it, he asked if you did.

these are the finals almost everyone wanted to see if it wasn't their team...
    Nope, I only remember my Stars winning it when I lived north of Dallas and my Canes winning it on my birthday in 2006. Nothing else at all... like it never happened hahahahaha..

Vasi who?

AVS in 3
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Damn, Avs blew a 3-1 lead just like that.

NHL 2021-2022 Season

And just like that, Avs win!
    Name:  IMG_3684.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  183.7 KB

Go Avs!

Fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Doesn't even click link and already hears "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !"

Aves seem to do well when they can draw the walrus out a little to expose openings behind it...

One thing all sports have learned in recent decades is that size matters for positions besides basketball centers and O lineman. Goalies--big. Pitchers-big. QB's--big.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One thing all sports have learned in recent decades is that size matters for positions besides basketball centers and O lineman. Goalies--big. Pitchers-big. QB's--big.
    Yep, in reality they can only limit the size of the gear, not the size of the player. Chara had to get some kind of special exemption to play with a stick that fits him. There's definitely some kind of limit to how big goalie pads and gloves can be and they all try to achieve that maximum.

You guys ever see a box lacrosse goalie? Makes an NHL one look naked. 4x4 goal and he covers at least 80% of it standing still.
    They still can put up 20 goals a game...

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    You guys ever see a box lacrosse goalie? Makes an NHL one look naked. 4x4 goal and he covers at least 80% of it standing still.
    Because lacrosse shots can come from all angles, high and low, plus the ball bounces. Hockey goals can only realistically be scored with the puck on a trajectory from ice level. Makes angles and stick/glove/blocker placement a lot more structured.

There was some sports science show that did an experiment - could a sumo wrestler make a good goalie? The answer was no - even the shittiest of NHL shooters (in this case George Parros) could pick the spots on the net with ease. Mind you, the sumo wrestler goalie was a shit goalie, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Because lacrosse shots can come from all angles, high and low, plus the ball bounces. Hockey goals can only realistically be scored with the puck on a trajectory from ice level. Makes angles and stick/glove/blocker placement a lot more structured.

There was some sports science show that did an experiment - could a sumo wrestler make a good goalie? The answer was no - even the shittiest of NHL shooters (in this case George Parros) could pick the spots on the net with ease. Mind you, the sumo wrestler goalie was a shit goalie, but still.
    We got a guy who can do that..

Man can the Av’s bring it.

Just too much for Tampa, or anyone

I think they are playing at base camp #3. Tampa is in slow motion. Av’s just flying around.

At what point does Tampa pull the goalie?

Maybe wait for the 3rd period?

The Walrus looks like a fish out of water today. Doesn't help he's facing uncontested shots, odd man rushes, and the occasional breakaway.