Page 895 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... LastLast
Results 22,351 to 22,375 of 26794
    Crash???

https://www.compass.com/listing/730-...5728356242305/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$100,000,000.00 and no ski racks or tuning room? fuckin' posers...

and what the fuck is with that statue of a dude jerkin off?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you are so damn smart, get a job that effects policy.
    To get a job that affects policy, being buyable by lobbies probably goes a lot further than being smart.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Crash???

Burn?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Crash???

Only $7k /sq ft? It’s a steal

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Only $7k /sq ft? It’s a steal
    From whom?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I feel like I've been to Bellingham a fair bit and I'd never heard of most of the places the author suggested, which seemed a bit strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ...a collection of Bellingham 'institutions', ocean views, and the recently-reviewed-elsewhere.
    The Farm To Market Bakery is the alter ego of The Rhododendron Cafe in Bow, and Breadfarm (she didn't even get the name right) makes the best bread in two counties. Both could be found in a tourism book (if that's still a thing) but there are way more interesting places in Edison.

Similarly, Old Town and The Horseshoe are Bellingham's oldest restaurants, the former being one of the best breakfast & lunch spots in town, and the latter being a greasy spoon on one side, and dive bar on the other. They, along with Spark museum are certainly Bellingham institutions, but the notion that they attract tourists is a stretch.

Gruff Brewing is a block away from Boundary Bay. I'm guessing the reason it was chosen over the dozen other breweries in town is the view. Same goes for Cider Co. (not meant as a put down - both are good).

Carnal and Makeworth are newer, and definitely still have a buzz. Rock & Rye is an offshoot from Bayou on Bay's bar side. They and Taylor Farms are de rigueur mentions for tourists who've never had real/fresh shellfish.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I guess he couldn't find a bear

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Never been to Aspen, so genuine question: would people ski through your backyard? Do you just stand out on the balcony and chuck those fancy pillows at people when they cut through?

The statue is an interesting choice. Native American wanking in front of a shrine to capitalism.
    No, it’s down over the edge of the groomer, shielded by some trees and it’s near bottom of the mountain. The somewhat unique quality to Aspen Mountain is that there are only ~10 houses that actually have ski in/out access touching the resort and maybe 75-100 condos units.

Absolutely stupid price, but it’s a special house in a way.

Here's one for those who feel the Aspen house is a bit pricey: https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-...x=3&bsft_tv=26

That pool doesn't suck.

The austere staging makes it seem a bit cold and uninviting to me, though. Would not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    a ski town of just core locals who get endless first tracks day after day with no lift lines and cheap passess where is this town?
    Big Sky pre-IKON.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Here's one for those who feel the Aspen house is a bit pricey: https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-...x=3&bsft_tv=26

That pool doesn't suck.

The austere staging makes it seem a bit cold and uninviting to me, though. Would not buy.
    It’s part staging, part photography. That very expensive modern furniture doesn’t have to look lifeless, even if thats the choice

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It’s part staging, part photography. That very expensive modern furniture doesn’t have to look lifeless, even if thats the choice
    Yeah, blank walls don’t help either. No art in the place.

One would think the sheer unaffordability if all the cool places, and the nation in general, there will be some new cool places down the line.

Little towns that grow, where are they?

Fun little place. Done a ton of skiing right up the road. Thru hiked npt 3x. The adk is the home range

RE in the adk is pretty expensive these days. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare

That's a lot of land under the same ownership. A few giant Texas ranches have gone up for sale but the biggest I've read about was around 1/5 that size.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    $100,000,000.00 and no ski racks or tuning room? fuckin' posers...

There is a dark "ski locker room" in there but no tuning room.

A giant old cobbled together piece of crap built on a tailings pile. One of the first Aspen mega mansions, and it shows its age.

ski in ski out is nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post

A giant old cobbled together piece of crap built on a tailings pile. One of the first Aspen mega mansions, and it shows its age.

Yeah, I'm not that into it. I'll be kind of surprised if they find a buyer at their asking price.

anyone looking for housing in Telluride? Unfortunately, the $12k/month rental price does not include utilities

https://www.telluridenews.com/classi...27cecf3e9.html

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    One would think the sheer unaffordability if all the cool places, and the nation in general, there will be some new cool places down the line.

Little towns that grow, where are they?
    they are everywhere and I have a nice list going we can meet up someday and I"ll let you know the facts
    anything on the rei/outside magazine best fucking places for dipshits to live list gets runned over and ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    That's a lot of land under the same ownership. A few giant Texas ranches have gone up for sale but the biggest I've read about was around 1/5 that size.
    my ex is part owner of a 20k acre ranch in texas its just been part of the family for a few generations and she got stuck with a slice of it which she has never been to thrilled about meanwhile the family as a whole is one of the largest landowners in the country its alot to wrap your head around

Crash???

45 million is fair price
    but ski in and ski out walk to downtown private large lot that shit doesn't grown on trees like suburbs do
    if aspen ever decides to let single family homes be built again (I thought breck was fucking up on their green building we care about the environment and the local worker shit and short term rental issues) but aspen is on a whole nother level of fucking stupidity I digress but you'd be able to squeeze one more house in on that acre of land or buldoze the dam thing and build a condo tower

the gorsuch family takes the winning for that right now

since aspen won't let people build homes anymore they just added a 40% surcharge to real estate prices gov't planning at it's best and since most of the town council in living in subsized gov't housing they don't really understand how the real world works

A couple weeks ago Snapt mentioned that hotel bookings in Teton Valley were down 75% compared to last year.

It has been an eerily quiet summer so far. Campgrounds that were full all last summer and the year before are at 1/3 capacity. Trailheads and boat launches have plenty of parking, etc. I think middle class people from SLC and Pocatello and Idaho Falls aren't willing or able to splurge for summer family vacation 2022.

Inventory is also way up, but asking prices are elevated still. Feels like something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post

So, it's a fixer upper? What's the helipad situation in that area? Because if I'm dropping that kind of coin, I can't be hassled to deal with traffic from ASE.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    A couple weeks ago Snapt mentioned that hotel bookings in Teton Valley were down 75% compared to last year.

It has been an eerily quiet summer so far. Campgrounds that were full all last summer and the year before are at 1/3 capacity. Trailheads and boat launches have plenty of parking, etc. I think middle class people from SLC and Pocatello and Idaho Falls aren't willing or able to splurge for summer family vacation 2022.
    Well that's interesting. I figured everywhere would still be a total shitshow. Anyone else seeing something similar to Kevo?