Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices.

With every purchase of gas, all y'all dumb patriotic Murican's are unwittingly supporting the Saudi's efforts to undermine American/Canadian natural gas. Congratulations!
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    With every purchase of gas, all y'all dumb patriotic Murican's are unwittingly supporting the Saudi's efforts to undermine American/Canadian natural gas. Congratulations!
    Just cause you can't drive and your not 'murrican...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Nah. Back in the 80's it was all speculation about Iran blocking the Straits of Hormuz and every time they saber rattled oil got hammered.
    Uh...1980 Iran overthrew the Shah, took the US embassy hostage...Iran was doing the "hammering in early 1980's. It's why Reagan supported Saddam and gave Saddam weapons (chemical weapons no less), money and support to go to war against Iran.

Regarding current situation, before Iran or Russia let the Saudi's bankrupt their countries via an economic oil war, they will no doubt work to disable the Saudi oil fields or a coup in Saudi. Iran backed by Russia is pretty much untouchable for US and frankly, US would benefit by higher oil price.

Ironically the Saudi's real target is actually the US oil industry which, at $100 a barrel, were using fracking to increase US oil production dramatically. Due to Saudi oil war against US, the price of oil is $50 and still dropping pushing the frackers and other marginal US oil production out of business.

Buck nine five in mnpls today.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPDX View Post
    Uh...1980 .
    From 1980-86 oil went from $40 to $20.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPDX View Post
    Uh...1980 Iran overthrew the Shah, took the US embassy hostage...Iran was doing the "hammering in early 1980's. It's why Reagan supported Saddam and gave Saddam weapons (chemical weapons no less), money and support to go to war against Iran.

Regarding current situation, before Iran or Russia let the Saudi's bankrupt their countries via an economic oil war, they will no doubt work to disable the Saudi oil fields or a coup in Saudi. Iran backed by Russia is pretty much untouchable for US and frankly, US would benefit by higher oil price.

Ironically the Saudi's real target is actually the US oil industry which, at $100 a barrel, were using fracking to increase US oil production dramatically. Due to Saudi oil war against US, the price of oil is $50 and still dropping pushing the frackers and other marginal US oil production out of business.
    Quoted for da truf. Several U.S oil companies already considering major layoffs. I give it 2 weeks before they deploy their homegrown terroists, the CIA, to fuck shit up.

Also, low bad prices are bad for the enviroment, encouring people to drive more, and fucks up my skiing long-term here in ontaribad.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Ummm...

What?

Put the bong you stole from your "fun" aunt down and I'll give you a thought: they're not primarily fracking for oil in the Marcellus shale... it's a happy byproduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Ummm...

What?

Put the bong you stole from your "fun" aunt down and I'll give you a thought: they're not primarily fracking for oil in the Marcellus shale... it's a happy byproduct.
    ??? unfunny joke aside, the reason the prices are so low is to increase demand for saudi oil, cutting off NA natural gas. That was my point.

Plus I use a vape #rich
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

No, it's to cut off NA OIL. Natural gas is a completely different product that isn't sold at globally fixed prices. Gas =/= gasoline son. Keep vaping.

WTI $48.50.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    WTI $48.50.
    gonna take awhile to trickle down to your 91 octane...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

$1.93 in Cle Elum at Safeway and a few other stations, cheapest gas in WA? The rewards took it down to $1.53. The 76 and Chevron must be struggling a bit at $2.67 right next door.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    gonna take awhile to trickle down to your 91 octane...

I haven't used regular in decades! Fresh lows on crude but gasoline hanging in there at $1.37; well off its low earlier at $1.34

when to buy oil stocks ...where is the bottom?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    when to buy oil stocks ...where is the bottom?
    What do you mean by oil stocks? CVX and XOM hit their low a month ago. You might get a second shot.

Anyone else catch the story on NPR about the correlation between low gas prices and increased road fatalities? I thought it was pretty interesting.
    http://www.npr.org/2015/01/06/375308...ent-fatalities

Low gas price made it more sensible for me to go to the Thule warehouse today to pick up a new rack rather than having it shipped to me. ~$10 worth of gas and two hours of my life rather than $40 for UPS. Win?

I give it 2 weeks before they deploy their homegrown terroists, the CIA, to fuck shit up.
    Ugh, I hate quoting IVplay, but, 2 weeks is naive. http://www.wsj.com/articles/libya-struggles-to-extinguish-oil-storage-tanks-after-assault-1419910385?KEYWORDS=libyan+oil+fire

Libya Struggles to Extinguish Oil Storage Tanks After Assault
    Firefighters worked Monday to extinguish a blaze at Libya’s largest oil terminal, where storage tanks have been burning for days amid fighting.

The fire at As Sidra terminal in eastern Libya ignited after a rocket hit an oil storage tank. Some 800,000 barrels of crude have been destroyed.

Extremist groups are making a renewed push to seize the country’s oil resources, Libyan Foreign Minister Mohamed Dayri said Sunday, according to the Associated Press. He said the assault on eastern oil terminals was carried out by militias based in the western city of Misrata, who are loyal to a rival Islamist-backed government in the capital Tripoli.

your fault for quoting another Hugh alias.

Libya Crude oil production (1,000 b/d) = 993

losing 800,000 barrels? Nothing, to Libya or the market.

How do oil futures come into play though?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Toyota is giving away free hydrogen for 3 years if you buy their new H car.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Anyone else catch the story on NPR about the correlation between low gas prices and increased road fatalities? I thought it was pretty interesting.
    http://www.npr.org/2015/01/06/375308...ent-fatalities
    Yup. Shankar Vedantam does some interesting stuff

There may be an association between gas prices and fatalities, but it is not causation. A big difference. There is a third variable/s going on. People drive more and drive faster. Those combined naturally increase the chances of fatalities.

The same type of relationship exists between ice cream and fatal drownings. Should ice cream sales be banned? NO. What actually happens is that when it is hot out people buy more ice cream. When it is hot more people go swimming. When more people go swimming more are going to drown.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    There may be an association between gas prices and fatalities, but it is not causation. A big difference. There is a third variable/s going on. People drive more and drive faster. Those combined naturally increase the chances of fatalities.
    Um, yeah, I think we all get that.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Toyota is giving away free hydrogen for 3 years if you buy their new H car.
    Does it come in a wagon with AWD and a 6 speed manual Truth be told, I love the idea of hydrogen cars, but the Yota is fucking ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    your fault for quoting another Hugh alias.

Libya Crude oil production (1,000 b/d) = 993

losing 800,000 barrels? Nothing, to Libya or the market.

How do oil futures come into play though?
    Why do you think I'm a hugh alias? If you spent anytime in the ski forum, you would see that I've posted pics of ski runs from Ontario...

Anyways, back to the low oil prices. I've thought about it all day and have come full circle and I am fine with it hurting large american oil. Considering the enviromental atrocities they have commited and continue to commit, as well as their focused degradation of the renewable energy industry (death of electric car great movie) it's about time they got their due.

Rock on Saudi's!!
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy