Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I can see broad associations with Cochise but Corvus is way more versatile and yes lacks some of the top end. Though I do not hold my speed back at all on these and love them at mach - just conceding a little. I’d choose the Corvus 8 days out of 10 compared to Cochise. Been on Cochise about 30 days previously. Also owned Katana V-Werks.. they are similar in off piste manners and looseness. On packed snow or hard groomers I could feel the bio feedback of the carbon construction and the Corvus with metal is much smoother to me. Plus Corvus skis hard snow better. The Katana V was a favorite ski of mine but the soft/damageable construction paired with carbon feedback on certain days- caused me to move on. It’s great to have this ski shape in the arsenal again.
    I’ll also update that I too had an unusual rocker tip profile like Klauss and have had a warranty claim processed and approved by BC. Super easy and fast to work with. Replacements on the way.
    As I also asked swissbro about. Assuming you have this year model of the Corvus, could you tell me how the reverse rocker feels on piste? Is alright, does it pop in the end of a turn? How does it compare in general to a classic rocker-camber-rocker?

2019 Black Crows Corvus....bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    As I also asked swissbro about. Assuming you have this year model of the Corvus, could you tell me how the reverse rocker feels on piste? Is alright, does it pop in the end of a turn? How does it compare in general to a classic rocker-camber-rocker?
    I think they mob on groom- for what they are. These are nimble skis that slip through tight spots, slide-turn until ‘pressured’ - then grab. You can run them flat and use edges to make quick clean turn shapes. I find that I carry energy out of turns helping link up the next. They do probably lack the camber pop you’re referring to..
    It’s hard to think back and review these skis. When I’m on them it’s so intuitive and mindless >> I just ski & smile

I think that compared to Cochise/bodacious construction they def have a little pop into the next turn.
    Seconded all Luke’s comments above
    one step forward, no step backward

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Roqer I think you own(ed) a Katana V Werks ? If yes, how does the 2019 Corvus compares vs the Katana V Werks ?
    I still own a V-werks Katana in 191, next to two last edition metal Katanas in 191. Technically the Corvus skis very similar to the Katanas. It's a little more nimble and pivoty as well as easier on steeps in harder snow. This can be attributed to the narrower waist and shorter length.
    What I like more with the Corvus is the mounting point. I had all my Katanas mounted at +2 (which is maybe like -11 from true center) and had a lot of ski in front of the binding. The Corvus is like approximately -8 from true center. For me the ski feels there overall better balanced and not so old schooly as the Katanas. I used the V-werks Katanas as a 50/50 ski. I'd say the Corvus mounted with a Shift is even a better ski for this purpose, at the same time staying absolutely in line with the heritage of the Katanas.

Thanks CascadeLuke and roQer. Yeah +2 is -11,5 on my 184 Katana VW.

Mounted up my warranty pair with a set of downhill bindings. Honestly, the warranty pair tip splay looked a little off as well but I just decided to ski them

Felt good and intuitive immediately out of the wrapper. Had a super good day on em skiing around on 8 inches or so of really light chopped up snow with a few untouched sections. Lots of airs and running them over chop at speed.

Great directional ski for everyday IMO. Stout tail but also easy for me to manage the ski and get to do what I need in tight places. A real nice blend of stability and maneuverability.

Good had pack carving performance for me as well. Not a ton of rebound if that’s what you are looking for but very capable and fun for carving.

I’m on the 188s and I’m sure the 192s would work great too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2517.JPG 
Views:	273 
Size:	349.3 KB 
ID:	273333

How do you find the ski in Powder or loose snow?
    I see that the old Corvus had 24.8" (decambered) of tip splay while the new one only has 18".

PSA 2019 Corvus for $443 US from Freeze pro shop.

193 headed my way.

I'm going to unload my 2019 193s. ~10 days this season. Let me know if interested. Will be happy to send through pics etc.

Edit: These have been claimed.
    Last edited by bry; 04-01-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    I'm going to unload my 2019 193s. ~10 days this season. Let me know if interested. Will be happy to send through pics etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Why? Don’t like it anymore?

I like them alot. They are good skis, but they made me realize how much I really like my other skis and wanted to be on them instead. In the soft I wanted to be on others or in firmer snow I wanted to be on others.

My wife also surprised me with some 193 Husumes for my birthday which I really like, some pro riders i believe are in the pipeline for Nov and I've been salivating in anticipation of a metal Wren.

So just some spring cleaning...it's a sickness really.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This thread helped convince me to buy a pair of BC Corvus, 184. Any additional mounting point info would be appreciated. I come from an east coast racing background and this will be my first pair of skis with any kind of rocker/reverse camber. I’ve been skiing 1st gen 98mm Legend Pros for years - obvsly love them. Just looking at the corvus the recommended mount point looks pretty far forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    This thread helped convince me to buy a pair of BC Corvus, 184. Any additional mounting point info would be appreciated. I come from an east coast racing background and this will be my first pair of skis with any kind of rocker/reverse camber. I’ve been skiing 1st gen 98mm Legend Pros for years - obvsly love them. Just looking at the corvus the recommended mount point looks pretty far forward.
    I started at line then went back -1 and have been there. Both locations ski great. -1 would be my rec if you come from a traditional ski background.

So happy with the Corvus bought wife Daemon Birdie from freeze hoping she bonds as well as I did on similar shape..

They ski just fine at recommended. On my Corvus there are two indicator arrows, one on each side. The arrows aren’t aligned, though. One arrow is like 5 mm in front of the other on the opposite sidewall. I mounted mines at the posterior arrow but I guess there is not much difference in terms of how the ski responds between those two positions. Just keep in mind to mount on consistent distance from tail. I guess going back -1 cm should not be a problem as well if you‘re used to mount positions on racing skis.

Replying to the posts about warrantying for bad rocker shape-

I have had 3 pairs pass through my hands (1 pair for a friend, 1 for me- warrantied that pair, got a brand new 2020 pair). They have all had similar weird rocker, where the early rise starts, then goes back towards each other (not quite touching), before expanding at the tip. I sent BC photos of the first two pairs, they declined to warranty one pair, but did warranty the other pair. I expected the brand new (warranty replacement) 2020 pair to have a perfect rocker line, but it does the exact same thing: starts rising then comes back together toward the tip.

Is everybody else experiencing this on new Corvii? After a few days of skiing do they straighten out to a "normal" rocker profile?

Name:	23sy2JQ.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	596.8 KB 
ID:	302883

Name:	KwUxskT.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	302884

^^ That is definitely wack. And not the first time. I am holding off until quality control improves.

I emailed BC Cust Svc about the warranty pair, we'll see how they respond.

Have 188 Corvus enroute - throwing tecton or maybe just vipec for a resort capable touring ski for travel and mid-winter touring. Rocking Zero G Scout boots with them. Am I crazy or good set up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Have 188 Corvus enroute - throwing tecton or maybe just vipec for a resort capable touring ski for travel and mid-winter touring. Rocking Zero G Scout boots with them. Am I crazy or good set up?
    I just mounted last year's 188 with Salomon Shifts......been really pleased with them so far just mobbing groomers.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    that's what i did with the tech binders i got off you -- they're on 193 corvus
    it's a great pairing

Do you guys have any of the above rocker profile issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Mine (18/19) seem to be fine......flat underfoot, transitioning into gradual rocker toward the tip and tail.
    Old's Cool.

Yes. They warrantied by sending another pair with the same rocker issue. Unfortunate but they ski fine. I quite like them and personally can’t tell they have an issue other than visual. I gave extra pair to friend and he likes them as well.

No idea, haven't gotten them yet, but they are also last years not this years ski

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    i hadn't noticed any -- i will look
    (but i'm on the 2018 pink on black graphic)