Page 68 of 121 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3008
    Anyone talk to keith about the changes to the MVP for next year? Dont want this mold with a big turn radius to go away

I also think a reverse MVP would be cool but isn’t keiths reverse mold pretty dramatic and pow specific? It would need to be a really low reverse camber for it to work IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Anyone talk to keith about the changes to the MVP for next year? Dont want this mold with a big turn radius to go away
    From an email discussion with Keith:

Quote Originally Posted by Keith O'Meara
    I have been talking about changing it some but not exactly sure what's going to happen with that. Some have said I shouldn't, but its been in the lineup now for awhile as is. This year we did change up the tip and tail upturn to be a longer slower rise, not drastically different but I think it was a good move. That came from our work on the FRS or +10 version of the MVP. In making that +10 version the tip and tail tapers and rockers of the MVP just seemed to fit really well for a fatter powder ski and that made me think we should tone down the tapers on the MVP 109. Give it a little more edge contact, less rocker and maybe make the tip a mm fatter and tail a mm skinnier and maybe 1 mm narrower underfoot thus making it less jibby and more of a forward orientated twin tip, with a smaller turn radius, and really that might be a mistake, not sure. I'm trying to make the MVP 94, MVP 109 and FRS a series of skis, from carving on hard snow to daily driver off piste, to a powder version. Basically that could be an entire quiver of skis and since each being similar would make the transition from your hard snow ski to your powder ski easier. Will see how the change works out, seems sometimes we try to change up a ski and decide its not better. Really these changes would be compromising the current design to make it more fitting for the average public (I guess easier to carve would be the way to stay it and more forward orientated), and that might pull away from the skiers that are currently using it as an all mountain tool.

I also think a reverse MVP would be cool but isn’t keiths reverse mold pretty dramatic and pow specific? It would need to be a really low reverse camber for it to work IMO
    This is the rocker profile of my FRS. I'd imagine the MVP would be a similar profile if he did a reverse MVP.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDD6F7CE-6023-4E70-BAF5-F764F5F211A7.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	278.4 KB 
ID:	355368

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    From an email discussion with Keith:
    Awesome thanks, the new tip profile sounds dope, but a shorter turn radius is not at all what I want. Hope that doesn’t change and I can order a heavy core 193 this spring.

GoSlow - Thanks for the pic, in my opinion that is too much rocker to use the mvp as a all mtn tool, if the rise was a bit mellower it could work great tho

Awesome thanks, the new tip profile sounds dope, but a shorter turn radius is not at all what I want. Hope that doesn’t change and I can order a heavy core 193 this spring.
    I'll be selling my Veneer 193 MVPs standard layup in the next month or two most likely. 1 year old, <10 days mostly touring, 1 mount. Not heavy hitter but let me know if you're interested, open to trades.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Think I’m going to do some custom GPO’s this spring for my GF and I anticipating a Japan trip next winter...

We want to bring one ski each and just figure the GPO’s will offer a less skewed performance envelope than Protests(especially as hard snow capable ski).

Anyone want to trade some 187 GPO’s for 187 Veneer protests with kingpins.....?

Left- 20/21 186 Jeffrey

Middle- 13/14 193 MVP (older tip/tail profiles)

Right- 20/21 187 MVP (newer tip/tail shapes)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3BFA78C6-9EC8-4A87-A6CD-3296D80C0A4D_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	355473

I hear they have the internet on computers now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55BA792B-A329-44C4-824E-B9E314F43012_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	355472  

2-day Praxis FRS review. 188, flex 4, nylon topsheet (stock model).

1 day of hardpack and winter chalk
    1 day of 4-6" little pow day

In short, these things make me feel like Mario in Super Mario, bopping the coin-making squares with raised fist. BOOM!

Stiff, sooo surfy, poppy, great landing gear, straight, and beefy, but still fun enough on groomers and can easily rail turns.

Exactly what a I wanted - a surfier, stiffer Bibby-style big mountain pow ski. Super fun, stiff pow/soft-snow ski.

Would be sick in a softer flex with UL core for touring...or winning FWT comps.

Just amazing.

sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

Would be sick in a softer flex with UL core for touring.
    Can confirm.

In short, these things make me feel like Mario in Super Mario, bopping the coin-making squares with raised fist. BOOM!

Stiff, sooo surfy, poppy, great landing gear, straight, and beefy, but still fun enough on groomers and can easily rail turns.

Exactly what a I wanted - a surfier, stiffer Bibby-style big mountain pow ski. Super fun, stiff pow/soft-snow ski.

Just amazing.

These look fun af, what’s the weight on your pair? They ski long or short?

Forgot to note: 2280g/ski (the two skis were within 15 grams!)
    Weight on FRS.

More later...

sproing!

Just amazing.

Faaaack, I did not need to read this...
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Faaaack, I did not need to read this...
    seriously. bibby + surfiness has been what i'm looking for in an inbounds dd

Anyone have a 188 FRS they want to let go of?

New Praxis skis is up on the website.

https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/praxis-slugger/

Keith said its part of the RX family and is a scaled down The Ski.

Rocker profile looked nice in the shop. Nothing overly dramatic. Could be a solid DD option with the heavy core.

But like the FRD and Ski I’m between sizes. Bummer

Got out on , the new to me, rx today. Looks like these were customs. The weight suggests theyre a "heavy hitter" core. The dimple was just over 4cm ahead of the listed mount point for some reason. I mounted -1.2 behind the listed mount point. They rip. Awesome ski. Got on with them straight away mounted at -1,2 . Good deep chopped pow or fresh that was wind pressed from 50-60mph winds. A good test and they busted everything up. Super stable. Pivot no problem and rip on the groomer to the base of the mt. The width is similar to my bg but less rocker tip/tail but i think the tip/tail ratio difference would be close. The mount would be anout .5 in front of my bg. Only one day on them and maybe my opinion will change. Really really like this ski so far. If i could tweak anything id make to tip not so drastic of a splay and put more splay in the rocker with less drastic upturn in the tip. So it ends up the same splay just more gradual from the start of the rocker to the tip/top of the ski. I might even move the mount ahead .5 . Wasnt sure about the camber. No problems piviting in funky snow and they rip a groomer so i think the camer works on these. Didnt even try my cast 2.0 setup as planned. Having too much fun pushing the rx. Looks like ill always have to have an rx , as well as a gpo and a bg. Can't see not having any of those now
    Might not have ever tried an rx of it wasnt for the mayor of lot 4.

#bringbackthetags #bringbackfa
    #praxisrx #Ogcouldnthangatthisspeed

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

So much goodness. Here's to the mayor of Lot 4, wherever you are.

Might have to add FRS to that collection as well ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So much goodness. Here's to the mayor of Lot 4, wherever you are.

Might have to add FRS to that collection as well ;-)

... Thom
    That or that new "slugger". A 102 waisted ski is what im missing. Looks like a good bet

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    That or that new "slugger". A 102 waisted ski is what im missing. Looks like a good bet

Whoosh ... the sound of my bank account balance ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Whoosh ... the sound of my bank account balance ;-)

... Thom
    I know, im tapped out. Time to switch to bike parts
    Slugger is near the top of the list for next year though

Is it time to go down the rabbit hole for a (hopeful) Spring custom sale? That gives me 5 months to obsess ;-)

I've been thinking of a UL/Carbon/Veneer/#3 GPO for touring (stay with what works and tweak it). I have to wonder however about doing this layup in an FRS.

Surfing upstream, I see lots of good comments about the FRS, but no comparisons with the GPO. Has anyone skied both?

Just 'coz it's from the mind of Tabke doesn't mean I'll bond with it. I didn't get on with the Quixote, while the GPO (along with my CD 114s) is my all-time favorite. BG Tours are still in the running, but the asym. puts a bit of doubt in my head.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

RX are so fun. Been skiing 'em a lot this year. Just swapped out the shifts for pivots on my GPO's. I'm stoked to want to ski on them again, the shifts were tweaking out my hip a bit too much.

FRS look and sound amazing. I would also love more feedback on them

Last edited by 0g; 01-15-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    RX are so fun. Been skiing 'em a lot this year. Just swapped out the shifts for pivots on my GPO's. I'm stoked to want to ski on them again, the shifts were tweaking out my hip a bit too much.

FRS look and sound amazing. I would also love more feedback on them

Thats the graphic that my rx have , and my old piste jib. Looks amazing in veneer. "Powder to the people" has that in veneer on his gpo's as well, or maybe his bc's
    Bg and rx share p18 toes for cast2.0. My "og" gpo have cast 1.0 with ffg's, still work albeit with some slop in the toe plates. Couldnt even guess how many days are on the gpo/cast 1.0. They dont owe me a nickel, no change requiredClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_222952.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	357978

Finally spent a full day on my fresh 193 MVPs after they spent almost a month and a half in shipping purgatory.

Sick ski. Carves well, holding a nice edge and giving a good amount of energy back to the driver at turn exit. Very predictable in crusted over pow. Certainly not as frictionless as my protests or anything but predictable and manageable. Lots of pop, no obvious speed limit and float pretty well in what actual pow i could find. Pivot easily enough without sacrificing edge hold.

Overall, they seem like exactly what Keith says they are: a stellar do everything daily driver. Very happy with my purchase.

Nickel, did you mount on the rec line?