Page 1062 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... LastLast
Results 26,526 to 26,550 of 46041
    When gear swap pictures turn into someone else’s item and inserts on every listing. I.e. selling a white car but image of a blue bike for all. Its also annoying when looking to buy GS items. Don’t these ads pay for reasonable support?

Upwind neighbor has allowed her property to become a giant Scotch thistle forest.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Upwind neighbor has allowed her property to become a giant Scotch thistle forest.
    Does that smell bad? Never heard of it, I don’t think we have that back east.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Does that smell bad? Never heard of it, I don’t think we have that back east.
    Smell? No. Propagate downwind? Yes. Nasty stuff. If you spray the rosettes in the Fall you can control it easily. If you let it flower it spreads on the wind like wildfire. Seriously irresponsible of people to allow the spread of noxious weeds IMO.

Managing Scotch Thistle on Rangeland and Natural Areas
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Not to mention those fuckers hurt when you catch one across your knuckles while mountain biking. Hate scotch thistle!

Aren't there fines for allowing that to grow? I know there are here in Oregon. Report the a-hole.

Goats; lots and lots of goats.

Sometime in the distant, blurry past, following a really wet winter there was a huge spring bloom down in the desserts of Southern California and a subsequent mass painted lady butterfly migration northward later in the early summer. Turns out painted lady butterfly caterpillars REALLY like scotch thistle - completely eliminated any need for control in our immediate area and they never really recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Not to mention those fuckers hurt when you catch one across your knuckles while mountain biking. Hate scotch thistle!
    Is it like the northeast thistle that feels like fiberglass has been impregnated into your flesh when rubbed upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Aren't there fines for allowing that to grow? I know there are here in Oregon. Report the a-hole.
    Yeah... if she was a true a-hole. She's a single mom raising two boys alone after her husband was killed by a texting driver so not going to report her. That said her boys could at least mow or she could hire someone to spray & mow. She's got the means.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Goats; lots and lots of goats.

Sometime in the distant, blurry past, following a really wet winter there was a huge spring bloom down in the desserts of Southern California and a subsequent mass painted lady butterfly migration northward later in the early summer. Turns out painted lady butterfly caterpillars REALLY like scotch thistle - completely eliminated any need for control in our immediate area and they never really recovered.
    Love it when Mother Nature takes care of things.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Is it like the northeast thistle that feels like fiberglass has been impregnated into your flesh when rubbed upon?
    Pretty much. Takes a machete to bring down the big ones and it's still a lot of hacking.

Try napalm?
    I still call it The Jake.

This fall, nuke the whole damn thing.

From orbit. Behead the remains, if any.
    I still call it The Jake.

Do you have a cheatgrass problem in your neck of the woods? Cheatgrass annoys me, but it’s taking over huge swaths. Most people don’t realize how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Do you have a cheatgrass problem in your neck of the woods? Cheatgrass annoys me, but it’s taking over huge swaths. Most people don’t realize how bad it is.
    Cheat grass is ubiquitous around here so is puncture vine and star thistle.

I have some land up in Idaho and I get a notice in the spring if I have invasive weeds on the property. If I don't take care of it by a certain date then the county does and just sends me a bill. Seems like a good solution.

those fucking scooters that have invaded the city
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    those fucking scooters that have invaded the city
    fucking a right they have. dorks on tiny wheels waiting to have their skulls crushed in traffic.

Those scooters are fun as hell.

i'm sure they are but watching them zip in and out of traffic, on and off the sidewalk, in and out of the bike lane does not seem ideal for life expectancy

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i'm sure they are but watching them zip in and out of traffic, on and off the sidewalk, in and out of the bike lane does not seem ideal for life expectancy
    This seems like a compelling reason to encourage scooter use. Thin the herd a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This seems like a compelling reason to encourage scooter use. Thin the herd a bit.
    Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Safety third

I agree that they look like a recipe for head injuries.

They are also annoying as fuck when you're walking on the sidewalk getting buzzed left and right by them.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I agree that they look like a recipe for head injuries.

They are also annoying as fuck when you're walking on the sidewalk getting buzzed left and right by them.
    Probably a good time to bring back some punk rock fashion and encorporate spikey bits into your wardrobe.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Probably a good time to bring back some punk rock fashion and encorporate spikey bits into your wardrobe.
    Yesterday I considered randomly throwing elbows to my side, figuring I might get lucky and hit one.