Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Officially giving up meds today...I reviewed it w/ the doc’s office

Hopefully this marks a good threshold for new range of movement
    When do we see the pics of the vagina the doc added to your back?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Don't be a hero. Pain is bad.
    It is different today for sure. What I’m really hoping for is dropping the fuzzy mental bit form the muscle relaxer. I’m keeping a journal on daily changes so I can go back and compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    When do we see the pics of the vagina the doc added to your back?
    Careful what you ask for...

Bulged/Herniated Disc advice?

Ok, pics

You can see the scar from my first back surgery just at the top

Name:  475E0031-8CE8-4B0E-AB02-DEE57F67F1BE.jpeg
Views: 701
Size:  170.1 KB

Name:  BB649FBD-A35F-40F4-BACB-31CDF3148BAC.jpeg
Views: 805
Size:  101.2 KB

Not sure yet if he installed a vagina or a butthole, I am trying not to touch it too much just yet

Glad to hear it’s going well. Best of luck AC

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

thx!

Name:  475E0031-8CE8-4B0E-AB02-DEE57F67F1BE.jpeg
Views: 701
Size:  170.1 KB
    Not sure yet if he installed a vagina or a butthole, I am trying not to touch it too much just yet
    Def a butthole

When one cruncher is bunged you just blast with the other. Soo jelly

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Cleared to swim. Turns out pool is closed until Oct for resurfacing...oh well, walking here locally is pretty hilly so that will have to do
    Going to see PT next week. Scar looks better, more of a pink slash now. Back to work but with frequent and very scheduled “vertical” breaks.

Too bad the pools closed. That was a nice bit of comfort for me that would last for hours after the swim. Relaxing and a great and safe exercise

Cleared to swim. Turns out pool is closed until Oct for resurfacing...oh well, walking here locally is pretty hilly so that will have to do
    Going to see PT next week. Scar looks better, more of a pink slash now. Back to work but with frequent and very scheduled “vertical” breaks.
    Portland has many public pools. There are other options?

Portland has many public pools. There are other options?
    For sure, just involves a little commuting...

I have a bike trainer in my garage and a nice forested park to walk in behind the house as an alternative too

Which pool? Zentbauer?
    FWIW Mittleman JCC has two (more?) therapy pools. And it’s open to gentiles. Don’t know if that’s farther than you want to go. If not there’s SW community center @ Gabriel Park too

SWCC is the one I've historically done. All the Portland pools (& gyms) close the first or second week of Sept (when kids go back to school) to clean & update the facilities. It's just SWCC's turn to update the pool surfacing.
    The J is the other option -- I've gone there before. They will take the SWCC card for a week of the closure. After that would be an extra but prolly not steep at all.

There are options for sure.
    [i wasn't aware Zentbauer was open to the public]

Went on a 5 day vacation with just a soft pack. Lots of walking, buses, trains, planes, and ferrys. My back was really sore after a couple days but not in a bad way. After a couple days rest the back feels great. Perhaps the long days with lots of different movement helped. I was able to up my weight in the gym today. All good 5 months out and getting better.

Ski touring is the fountain of youth for back injuries. Your always flexing your stabilizers finding traction/balance on the climbs and ez on the joints skiing down in pow. I get to a point where im really fearful of doing to much and getting another bad injury and that can cause me to do to little. Ski touring is safe and in most cases it ends up to be more of a workout than planned. Youll get push past your injury fear limit every time. Carrying a not too heavy pack is advantageous, or can be, as well

Im probably repeating, again, but its what gets me by and often dictates how good my summer bike season is

Snowboarded two days Sun/Mon after exactly one year off snow and 8 months post Coflex surgery. It was hard at first but I finished strong.

Since the surgery I’ve always had a painful knot on the right side of the wound that would fluctuate in Intensity. I was starting figure it permanent. Today, after boarding, the knot is gone. I’m hopeful some adhesion was mitigated from snowboarding.

I’m still weak core strength and stability but in surprisingly good shape from half ass gym workouts, occasional yoga, swim and walking. My left leg is still tingly and not 100% strength but I could walk ten miles with good form if I had to. I’m hoping to get more leg strength back but I’m satisfied right now if it’s all I get.
    Last edited by 4matic; 12-17-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Fluctuate in...?

Good that you’re back on snow again!

My status update:
    I was left with numbness in my left lower leg and foot. It has reduced but not gone away. Not sure yet whether I’m gonna have to live with it or whether it might actually go away. My ankle isn’t strong enough to push into a hop or jog. PT has been exhausted under my health plan. I had done a bunch of daily walking and one day I turned the knob a little too high and now have what feels like perineal tendinitis. So, walking is sidelined. Started swimming and that is going great. I’ve started PT that will phase into training with an independent training facility (very much apart from my health insurance PT). Right now it’s a lot of micro movements & core alignment/support. They’re not enthusiastic about me skiing, but I’m not going to not ski. I will however take it slow tho. Luckily, the season is starting slow so the temptation has been moderated. I’m mobile and improving steadily. You wouldn’t know I had any issues if you met me on the street. But I have quite a ways to go o get back to doing the things I want to in the way that I’d like.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    now have what feels like perineal tendinitis..
    I had that symptom and still do in my left leg. I’m pretty sure it’s related to the nerve impingement that’s affecting your foot. The calve muscles just aren’t getting electrical signal. It took me 4 months before I could walk any distance without calve pain. It’s like the whole muscle base has to be built from scratch.

I had that symptom and still do in my left leg. I’m pretty sure it’s related to the nerve impingement that’s affecting your foot. The calve muscles just aren’t getting electrical signal. It took me 4 months before I could walk any distance without calve pain. It’s like the whole muscle base has to be built from scratch.
    yeah, PT/training seems to be a long haul effort

There’s no rushing nerve heal. My neurosurgeon didn’t think I needed PT at all.

Walk as much as you can but not so much you aggravate the pain. Slow down your walking pace.

My weight work now is lighter weight and high repetition. Working well.

Laying in bed in a shit ton of pain after having surgery yesterday to repair protruding disks... I fought a hard fight for a long time but was finally told no more shots to the back than PT - surgery was the only real option... Had my L3 to L4 and my L4 to L5 shaved to create a space for my nerves... My surgeon was right in the fact that I would leave the hospital with no butt, hip or leg pain due to the pinching of nerves and I know the surgery will be worth it but F me does my back hurt... He stated due to me being in good shape I should be able to be active in about 5 weeks... I had to cancel my February ski trip but should be ok for my Bach trip in April... I sure as hell hope so...!

Dang. Heal fast! Hopefully better days ahead for you

feels good to have that constant nerve pain gone, huh?
    heal up, undertow
    you'll be back at it

Thanks gents... Def hoping the pain eases up a bit tomorrow... I def read this thread over the past several months getting ready for surgery... I can handle pain pretty well but this one is a diff level... And yes to no longer have the intense nerve pressure any longer def helps... Still can’t believe no driving at all for a month and cannot lift more than 10 lbs...

Hope you get some of your feeling back AC...$

Sorry to hear you didn't get adequate pain meds. If it's still bad today you might want to do something about that.