Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blunder View Post
    i think the top ones are last years bentchetlers, don't know about the bottom ones.

in other news: Dynafit is coming out with a race binding that weighs 117 grams

Know anything about the DIN on those?
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com

The pic from Sage Cattrabiga-Alosa means that he will leave Rossignol sponsorphip and skiing S7 to a new start at Atomic in 2011. Then he will meet Chris Bentchetler and maybe get his name on new skis you know?
    http://www.freeride.se/content/3701/

I have some Spademan S9's here...I would give my left nut to work with Richard Spademan on a modern binding design. It woud smoke the lame Kneebinding design
    Yes for sure! KneeBindings are the first steps.
    A small shorter plate design pattern and releasable of toe on twisting back fall. DIN standard instead of green-yellow-red spring stiffness. Most of the new design is about a click or step-in design in the middle of the boots (clipless pedals inspiration?) or lateral step-in (wider: most appropriate for fat skis?).
    Reactor II from Line wasn't a success. Very heavy weigth. Large plate. 4 holes pattern limit to Line skis.
    Telemark got NTN.
    Skis got rocker-reverse camber reverse sidecut early rise and carbon (thanks to DB-Drake).
    Lighter and soft boots: Fulltilt and Dalbello.
    Next step?
    Alpine bindings!!!Not the complex rail system.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    The pic from Sage Cattrabiga-Alosa means that he will leave Rossignol sponsorphip and skiing S7 to a new start at Atomic in 2011. Then he will meet Chris Bentchetler and maybe get his name on new skis you know?
    http://www.freeride.se/content/3701/

Yes for sure! KneeBindings are the first steps.
    A small shorter plate design pattern and releasable of toe on twisting back fall. DIN standard instead of green-yellow-red spring stiffness. Most of the new design is about a click or step-in design in the middle of the boots (clipless pedals inspiration?) or lateral step-in (wider: most appropriate for fat skis?).
    Reactor II from Line wasn't a success. Very heavy weigth. Large plate. 4 holes pattern limit to Line skis.
    Telemark got NTN.
    Skis got rocker-reverse camber reverse sidecut early rise and carbon (thanks to DB-Drake).
    Lighter and soft boots: Fulltilt and Dalbello.
    Next step?
    Alpine bindings!!!Not the complex rail system.
    Will leave? Didn't he leave them like 3 weeks ago? I thought that it was confirmed that he will ski for Atomic now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimB View Post
    Will leave? Didn't he leave them like 3 weeks ago? I thought that it was confirmed that he will ski for Atomic now.
    He IS skiiing for atomic now.
    Also, Sage was using the Bent Chetler's at the Red Bull Line Score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

http://www.freeride.se/content/3703/

Lots of new stuff from the Swedish Swesport Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnowbirdripper View Post
    2011 Salomon Ghost Boot. Glad nothing changed acccept the color scheme & graphics - excellent boot!
    Actually a few things have changed. First, the upper cuff is now made out of Hytrel plastic. What's Hytrel? Well through my own testing over the last two years, I've found that Hytrel has a ton of memory and rebound which creates a ridiculously lively and poppy boot. Technically Hytrel is described as...

Hytrel® is a theromoplastic polyester elastomer manufactured by Dupont. Hytrel® gives the flexibility of rubbers, the strength of plastics, and the processibility of thermoplastics and can be processed easily by conventional thermoplastic processes like injection molding, blow molding, calendaring, rotational molding, extrusion and meltcasting. Hytrel® is designed for applications requiring excellent flex fatigue and a broad temperature range. It has strong resistance to tearing, flex-cut growth, creep and abrasion. Its mechanical properties provide strength and stiffness, in addition to outstanding toughness.
    I got my first Hytrel plastic boots two and a half years ago and haven't been able to switch back to the original Ghost. Even as boxes of Ghosts stacked up on my door step I couldn't take my Hytrel ghosts off my feet because regular plastic boots felt like dead garbage compared to the life and pop of the Hytrel boots. I'm so psyched they went to production with this material because I was worried I would never be able to get those boots again.

Otherwise, the 2010/2011 Ghost has a the Custom Shell lower cuff and a slightly different ramp angle. Same forward lean, just a slightly higher toe height.

Quote Originally Posted by SimB View Post
    Anyone know anything about this new Atomic?

And what about these? Any info?
    Like was said before, Top pic is this year's Bentchetler. 2nd pic looks like a Salomon of some sort with a Czar graphic. paging Alkasquawlic
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Any one know the sizes on the Legend 115? I like the elan graphics, and yes how can you go wrong with Godzilla on a skis.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

DO WANT:

Wish they'd put the rubberized toes and heels from the impact series in addition to the instep rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbarry View Post
    Hugo gets his own pro model too. Team rider blogs are your friend:

The new MX 128

Hugo

MX 108, MX 108, Dav's new FX 94 and MX 128

Dav's FX 94

Dav also signed with Spyder yesterday, so he's no longer with HH.
    MX108s also get tip rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by yiu-han View Post
    http://www.freeride.se/content/3703/

Lots of new stuff from the Swedish Swesport Fair.

Any info on the new Katanas? The tips and tails look a bit more upturned than the current model. Will they now have a more significant amount of rocker? That would be sweet, as a rockered 115 waisted versatile ski is what's missing from Volkl's line this year.

Dear K2,

Can you go punch whoever picks the hellbent graphic right in the face?

cheers,

graeme

I think they look pretty cool. Is it the new ObSethed next to them then?

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Dear K2,

cheers,

graeme
    Dear Single,

Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it? Don't cha want it?

Signed,

K2

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Dear K2,

cheers,

graeme
    can't sleep, clown will eat me. can't sleep, clown will eat me.

love the new obsethed topsheet for some reason. it's almost...subtle.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Jones snowboards:

Flagship and mountain twin.

article here

Jones snowboards:

article here
    No word of a factory splitter in there. Was thinking a splitter would be in his new line.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Actually a few things have changed. First, the upper cuff is now made out of Hytrel plastic. What's Hytrel? Well through my own testing over the last two years, I've found that Hytrel has a ton of memory and rebound which creates a ridiculously lively and poppy boot. Technically Hytrel is described as...

I got my first Hytrel plastic boots two and a half years ago and haven't been able to switch back to the original Ghost. Even as boxes of Ghosts stacked up on my door step I couldn't take my Hytrel ghosts off my feet because regular plastic boots felt like dead garbage compared to the life and pop of the Hytrel boots. I'm so psyched they went to production with this material because I was worried I would never be able to get those boots again.

Otherwise, the 2010/2011 Ghost has a the Custom Shell lower cuff and a slightly different ramp angle. Same forward lean, just a slightly higher toe height.
    Will they be using Hytrel in any other boots?

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    No word of a factory splitter in there. Was thinking a splitter would be in his new line.
    "What are the biggest forces shaping the changes and developments you’ve made to your boards?
    We will bring four models to the market in our first year. A directional freeride board, a powder specific snowboard, a freestyle/freeride board and a split board."

first paragraph

"What are the biggest forces shaping the changes and developments you’ve made to your boards?
    We will bring four models to the market in our first year. A directional freeride board, a powder specific snowboard, a freestyle/freeride board and a split board."

first paragraph
    I guess I need to up my article skimming skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Great, great info. Nice to see someone pushing boot technology in new directions.

Can you comment on weight?
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Jones snowboards:

Flagship and mountain twin.

article here
    Interesting the incluson of Magnetraction. I myself have been a beliver in it's benefits. But so many people claim "hype". Looks like some sick rides coming from the real JJ.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Any info on the new Katanas? The tips and tails look a bit more upturned than the current model. Will they now have a more significant amount of rocker? That would be sweet, as a rockered 115 waisted versatile ski is what's missing from Volkl's line this year.
    Nah, they're the same as 09/10 with a light rocker. Just new graphics.
    I seem to have confused my intentions with my abilities...

Not so much rumor as it is true, but Anthony Boronowski is now with Surface skis, and Julien Regnier is now with Black Crows. I wonder what next year's Armada's are going to be called..."The J_" and the "The ___"

Also, supposedly, Helly Hansen dropped its entire pro team. Which is why Chris Davenport signed with Spyder. Should be interesting to see who Abma, Hoji, and Pollard sign with. Some big names that I think are synonymous with HH.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Henrik Windstedt signed with Salomon, as Rossi is dumping their pro team like whoa! Alka, can you confirm?
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Henrik is with Salomon and will probably ride the Dictator during FWT...