Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Blazers have placed assistant coach Milt Palacio on leave, as he is one of the 18 ex-NBA players charged criminally with ripping off the NBA's health care plan. The mastermind was Seattle native Terrence Williams. Also involved was Tony Wrotten, also a Seattle native, who never amounted to much in the NBA. My ex-girlfriend taught Wrotten in high school and did not have kind things to say about him (didn't care about school because he was positive he was going to be an NBA, and convinced all his followers that school didn't matter for them either; basically a cancer in the classroom).

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-fraud-scheme
    I would've been disappointed if Darius wasn't on that list...and Telfair...well, and Ruben Patterson too.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Terrance Williams was good on the Celtics for the short time he was there. I think he pulled a gun on someone during the off-season and was waived. Still a moron apparently, as is Kyrie

Was listening to Zach Lowe podcast and he was talking with Bill Simmons about how Time Lord has no self-preservation instinct.

Great nickname. Ton of talent; can’t stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Iggy's what, 37/38 this year? Assume he'll come off the bench and provide some decent minutes with the 2nd unit, if he can stay healthy. I think the Ws will be very good this year, but I don't know if I buy that they'll be dominant. We'll see. they can shoot the shit out of the ball so they'll probably crush bad perimeter defenses (like Portland).
    Too many things have to go right for Dubs to seriously contend, but they’ll be fun to watch when healthy. Be hoisting from deep with impunity!

This is so dumb that it's probably not worth the click. Still, you gotta love Jason Kidd's commitment:

https://twitter.com/korkedbats/statu...58806040694784

I laughed.

Over/under on how many games/seasons before Kidd implodes in Dallas?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I laughed.

Over/under on how many games/seasons before Kidd implodes in Dallas?
    I'll guess 40 games...and that was funny MV.

Simmons for Kyrie, straight up?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Kyrie early retirement party incoming?

Simmons for Kyrie, straight up?
    Oh man. I think the Nets likely win that trade based on fit. Simmons in Brooklyn might work. Kyrie in Philly 100% fails, even if he gets the vax.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Oh man. I think the Nets likely win that trade based on fit. Simmons in Brooklyn might work. Kyrie in Philly 100% fails, even if he gets the vax.
    Why do you think Kyrie in Philly fails, other than he's a headcase who Embiid will end up hating? From a pure basketball standpoint, he seems like a really good fit to me.

Cause he's nuts/fails at most everything since he won in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    This. Plus if Kyrie is a "leader" on your team you are screwed. The guy somehow continues to command respect with fellow players even though the rest of the world can clearly see that he is an unstable presence. With Durant and Harden you can sort weather an occasional Kyrie storm. Embiid, even though he grew up a lot last season, isn't ready to deal with Kyrie.

But mostly Kyrie is just nuts and injury prone and getting worse by the year.

Why do you think Kyrie in Philly fails, other than he's a headcase who Embiid will end up hating? From a pure basketball standpoint, he seems like a really good fit to me.
    Actually think that's a great trade for both parties. The Nets don't need more scoring but having him play point forward and distribute to KD and Harden seems like a good fit....the Sixers seem like a great fit for Kyrie, absent his behavior...which I think is what you were arguing/thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    This. Plus if Kyrie is a "leader" on your team you are screwed. The guy somehow continues to command respect with fellow players even though the rest of the world can clearly see that he is an unstable presence. With Durant and Harden you can sort weather an occasional Kyrie storm. Embiid, even though he grew up a lot last season, isn't ready to deal with Kyrie.

But mostly Kyrie is just nuts and injury prone and getting worse by the year.
    But that's not really saying he's a bad fit with the Sixers, that's just saying "Kyrie is a cancer and no team should want him." Which I don't really disagree with, because I really don't like him, but that doesn't mean to me that he's a bad fit with the Sixers. On the court, he would seem to work pretty well with them. And given they have their own headcase...

Actually think that's a great trade for both parties. The Nets don't need more scoring but having him play point forward and distribute to KD and Harden seems like a good fit....the Sixers seem like a great fit for Kyrie, absent his behavior...which I think is what you were arguing/thinking.
    Exactly.

Except that between Harden and Durant there's no need for a 3rd ball handler, and you sure can't have him space the floor. It might work if you use BS as a small ball C, he's great with the ball in his hands in transition and can be a force defensively.

But that's not really saying he's a bad fit with the Sixers, that's just saying "Kyrie is a cancer and no team should want him." Which I don't really disagree with, because I really don't like him, but that doesn't mean to me that he's a bad fit with the Sixers. On the court, he would seem to work pretty well with them. And given they have their own headcase...
    For sure - any high-level guard should be a strong fit with Embiid on the court. And would totally make more sense than Simmons/Embiid. But isn't "fit" about more than just on the court? That said, I would LOVE for the Simmons/Kyrie swap to happen, but I'm just here for chaos while the Nuggets wait on Murray.

Again, I strongly dislike Kyrie, and hope he fails wherever he goes. But on the court, he seems to fit with the Sixers.

And given that in a vacuum (ie if we're just talking about "laundry"), I dislike the Sixers way more than the Nets, so would love for him to destroy the Sixers from the inside.

Again, I strongly dislike Kyrie, and hope he fails wherever he goes. But on the court, he seems to fit with the Sixers.

And given that in a vacuum (ie if we're just talking about "laundry"), I dislike the Sixers way more than the Nets, so would love for him to destroy the Sixers from the inside.
    I don't disagree that he's a scheme fit. But how many consecutive years have the Sixers as a team, and Kyrie on his own, failed to approach their potential in the playoffs? The Sixers need a grownup who delivers. They don't need an egocentric, conspiracy theorist, Dunning-Kruger poser boy, who misses most of his teams playoff games (he's played in 18 of 44 since he left the Cavs). I think Kyrie would pretty much guarantee another year of locker room discord and playoff disappointment for Philly

How many of the NBA teams reside in locales where vaccines will be mandatory to enter the building? Going by the divisions here's my off the top of my head guess:

Atlantic division (All teams)
    Central division (All but Indiana Pacers)
    Southeast (Only the Wiz)
    Northwest (Nuggs, Twolves, Blazers)
    Pacific (all except the Suns)
    Southwest (none)

Point being, Kyrie and those who think like him may be missing many more games than just those mandated by their local regs.

The guy somehow continues to command respect with fellow players even though the rest of the world can clearly see that he is an unstable presence.
    He was elected as Vice President of the NBA union. He has strong respect of the fellow players. Simmons does not. That guy is a quitter and the true cancer. You can't just not play for your team. Ok to voice his displeasure (preferably privately with management) but not showing up is bullshit, even more bullshit than not getting vaxed. I am not sure how much longer the vax laws will apply. Cases are plummeting. I could see NY, Canada, and San Fran relaxing some of the vax laws that prevent Kyrie from playing, and then he can rejoin the Nets. It doesn't sound to me like the Nets are pissed at him. Just like Draymond Green wasn't pissed, and actually defended Wiggins for not getting vaxed.

I think Kyrie would pretty much guarantee another year of locker room discord and playoff disappointment for Philly
    So, great trade for the Sixers, amirite?

So, great trade for the Sixers, amirite?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    It doesn't sound to me like the Nets are pissed at him.
    The Nets announced today that Kyrie cannot play part time, so he won't be playing at all until he's fully eligible for all games. Heh. Sounds like they're pissed if you ask me.

Deep down KD must be starting to question his decision to ditch Curry to play with that head case. Although it would be far worse for him if they hadn't also landed Harden. They don't really need Kyrie to contend.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    They don't really need Kyrie to contend.
    You could argue they're better defensively.

Does Kyrie's salary not count towards the cap if he doesn't play?