Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i went to high school with the chick behind the ticket window
    she did a good job dealing with no beacon body finder no lift ride up entitled touron angry asshole
    and she gives me comp passes when i show up
    its a work in tickets, deal with assholes, hook up your friends benny

Ooh, such a lucky man. I bet you get a free Pabst from your barkeep buddies, too. Someday I'll be one of the cool kids.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    You should definitely push for more avalanche courses, even if you have to offer them via a zoom meeting.

Last thing this coming winter needs is more deaths in the backcountry. And there will be a higher volume of people touring, make no mistake about that. Even a free 1-hour introductory course could save lives.
    a couple decades in the bc i still consider it a life long learning experience that changes by the minute sometimes.
    bout the only thing lifesaving youre really gonna learn in an hour would be mother nature doesnt care and abstinence works
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ooh, such a lucky man. I bet you get a free Pabst from your barkeep buddies, too. Someday I'll be one of the cool kids.
    no you wont
    i dont drink beer anymore
    nor buy things they give out for free
    fyi
    they give the cool kids sweaters not cans of beer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^ Bruh, you ARE the problem here & certainly not a fellow Maggot.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Who is going to tell me that I have to ski all day? I live slope side and often just roll out for a couple, three hours of spinning the wheel skiing street. Not going to hang all day to appease someone who didn't get a ticket. With limited lodge space and virtually no inside dining or bars a lot of families and benny soft adults won't be hanging out for long stretches and will head home after a few hours, have lunch and maybe come back.
    Saw something that Wachussett was going to break their day into four parts as they are open from 9am-10pm.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    Hey TGR maggots watch this space!!!

My Fremont based engineering team has been expecting this. We are working on an automated program that will secure your skiing reservation automatically the second your eligibility for reservations comes up. Our program will work with Epic and and soon to be Ikon pass reservation systems. You will not have to your schedule your time around trying to secure daily reservations. You will input where and the days you want to ski. Our automated system will reserve you as many days as possible and automatically send your reservation notices to your email. Do not worry about cancellation issues our data and code is encrypted and secured so the reservation system will not know if you ski or not.

We envision selling our program for $24.99 with a $20 premium level add on. At the premium level we will use our proprietary code to monitor 7 and 10 day NOAA forecasts for your region and reserve as many days during your selected weather type as possible. It will allow you to set your weather preferences by month for optimum powder skiing in January -February and great spring corn in March-April. Premium level also lets you coordinate your reservations with 5 other skiers to ensure group fun.

Why do it the old fashion way when our bots can do it for you. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to be developed into a mobile app and it will require a laptop or desk top machine. The program will be for sale on the web, with a downloadable executable file and password.

Why wait in line with other chumps and when we can move you to the front of the line. Coming soon!!!

Please note that we are currently offering our services pro bono to smaller non corporate ski areas to help them set up their own reservation systems and will add them on for a small $5 monthly update fee as they become available.

Disclaimer: We reserve the right to use and sell your data to anyone we want. Kinda like Uber, Strava, and Lyft
    Will your program be able to track and tell me where all the Hot Jersey Babes will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Why the sourness, man?

i went to high school with the chick behind the ticket window
    she did a good job dealing with no beacon body finder no lift ride up entitled touron angry asshole
    and she gives me comp passes when i show up
    its a work in tickets, deal with assholes, hook up your friends benny
    Guy is clearly an ass. I don't understand what he's angry about? Ticket he bought isn't all lift access?

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Deer Valley already has a reservation system in place.
    Here is the way they did it last season:

Discover Deer Valley~

In keeping with our commitment to service and to help ensure an exceptional mountain experience, Deer Valley limits the number of skiers on the hill each day. Please remember that Deer Valley is a ski-only resort.
    Deer Valley® reaches capacity during the holidays and other peak periods throughout the year, so we encourage you to plan ahead. To guarantee access to Deer Valley Resort, we ask our Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass guests to make a reservation up to midnight the day prior to your ski day, for yourself and your Friends & Family by following the process below:

IKON PASS & IKON BASE PASS HOLDERS
    RESERVATIONS PROCESS

Login below with your Ikon Pass Order number and email address, Cart number and email address, Media ID or ikonpass.com login credentials. Order or Cart numbers are located in your email confirmation from ikonpass.com. The Media ID is the number located below the barcode on your Ikon Pass and begins with a capital I.
    Utilize the calendar function to add a new reservation for the day(s) that you will be skiing at Deer Valley. You can only make reservations for the number of days that your Ikon Pass is valid to ski at Deer Valley (Ikon Pass - seven days with no holiday restriction. Ikon Base Pass – five days with holiday restrictions of Dec. 26 – 31, Jan. 18 – 19 and Feb. 15 – 16.) Add all ski days by person and save dates
    After making your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive your confirmation within a few minutes of placing your order, please check your spam/junk folder and if it is not there, then contact emarketing@deervalley.com for assistance.
    If you are bringing friends or family to the resort, during an applicable time for your pass type, please reserve their lift tickets as well. You must be present for your friends and family to purchase discounted tickets. Friends & Family tickets are 25% off the current day-of window rate and are not valid on multi-day ticket rates. Discount is only available for full day lift tickets.
    SKI DAY LIFT ACCESS

Without Friends & Family redemption: Please proceed to any chairlift to have your Ikon Pass scanned prior to 10 a.m., particularly during peak times (weekends, holidays and March breaks).
    With Friends & Family benefit redemption: Please visit a ticket sales location with your Ikon Pass to purchase tickets at the 25% discounted rate. Ikon Base Pass blackout dates apply.
    FAQS and Policies
    Frequently Asked Questions: click here

Friends & Family Benefit Policies:

The Ikon Pass comes with 10 Friends & Family tickets
    The Ikon Base Pass comes with eight Friends & Family tickets (with holiday restrictions of Dec. 26 – 31, Jan. 18 – 19 and Feb. 15 – 16). Please do not make reservations for Friends & Family tickets over the holidays as those reservations cannot be honored. Thank you
    Friends & Family tickets may not be used by the pass holder for additional days on an Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. Not applicable for the Child Pass or 4 & Under Pass. Discount is only available for full day lift tickets.

DEER VALLEY SEASON PASS HOLDERS
    Deer Valley Season Pass holders are not required to reserve their personal ski days. They receive 10 Friends & Family benefit ski days which do require a reservation.

RESERVATIONS PROCESS

Login with your Deer Valley Season Pass Order number and email address, Cart number and email address, Media ID or Ikonpass.com site login credentials. Order or Cart numbers are located in your email confirmation from ikonpass.com. The Media ID is the number located below the barcode on your Season Pass
    Utilize the calendar function to add a new reservation for days that your friends and family will be skiing at Deer Valley. You can only make reservations for the number of days and days of the week that your Deer Valley Season Pass is valid to ski. Add all ski days by person and save dates
    After making your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive your confirmation within a few minutes of placing your order, please check your spam/junk folder and if it is not there, then contact emarketing@deervalley.com for assistance.

https://ikonres.deervalley.com

I skied there one day last season and the reservation process wasn't bad. I also got lucky and made there on a powder day. I arrived late due to the slow commute, but they were reasonable about that.

[QUOTE=Vets;6056748]Deer Valley already has a reservation system in place.
    Here is the way they did it last season:

Discover Deer Valley~
    /QUOTE]

Posting about DV on TGR? I'd duck for cover. Benny Profane gonna be slappin you upside the head for that transgression.

OTOH, I did not make any reservations at DV, but was able to ski there with my IKON and Local Pass without problem. All my skiing there was done mid-week.
    Skiing and time in mountains needs to be hassle/stress free. Otherwise, we can end up like that imbecile in the video.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    it is amazing how everyone here wants to keep their status quo because the "other" people don't deserve it. like it's a zero sum game. wrong. it's a negative sum game. there's no way anyone wins.* get used to the fact that this year we are all gonna have to take one for the team. FFS

*funland might end up being really nuts tho
    Yup. Let's hope its only one year of our ski bum lives.

With that being said, its gonna be pretty rough in December to hear "sorry locals, all the Texans made there priority day choices, the month of March is sold out."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    We envision selling our program for $24.99 with a $20 premium level add on. At the premium level we will use our proprietary code to monitor 7 and 10 day NOAA forecasts for your region and reserve as many days during your selected weather type as possible. It will allow you to set your weather preferences by month for optimum powder skiing in January -February and great spring corn in March-April. Premium level also lets you coordinate your reservations with 5 other skiers to ensure group fun.
    Will there be a "Super-Premium" version that one-ups the NWS 10 day by using Powder Buoy observations?

I'm okay with this reservation system, but there absolutely has to be repercussions for those that continually reserve days and don't show up. Fuck those people. Given the RFID scanners and the user database, this is so easy for them to track.

From the EpicPass Q&A: "We reserve the right to restrict the ability of the pass holder to make future reservations if the reservation system is being abused or manipulated in any way." Hopefully that's an indication that they are coming up with a policy to handle the repeated no-shows.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    The first domino drops. Will places like LCC, Big Sky, Jackson, ect... follow suit? You have to imagine they will, because whoever does not have a reservation system is going to be inundated with an unmanageable shitshow on a pow day. I'm curious to see how Ikon handles their side of this now. I'm sure their press release will be out before the end of next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I'm okay with this reservation system, but there absolutely has to be repercussions for those that continually reserve days and don't show up. Fuck those people. Given the RFID scanners and the user database, this is so easy for them to track.

From the EpicPass Q&A: "We reserve the right to restrict the ability of the pass holder to make future reservations if the reservation system is being abused or manipulated in any way." Hopefully that's an indication that they are coming up with a policy to handle the repeated no-shows.
    I wouldn't be shocked if they don't firm up that policy until December, or even later—after they see how it actually sugars out. If there are 50 people nationwide reserving every day (and not skiing most of them), 500 being aggressive and missing a lot of days but not completely silly about it, and everyone else is playing nice, I could see the 50 getting their skiing privileges yanked and the 500 being ignored because it's too complicated to draw the line between "honestly sucks at scheduling" and "gaming the system", plus 500 people nationwide isn't a big impact on the resorts. Add a zero (or two) to each number, and they'll have to react a lot more aggressively.

I could see it being something of a good thing for some locals in terms of "well, crap, I put in the reservation, I guess I should at least take a run." That's one of the biggest reasons I count days—the number of days I went out because I was trying to get to a certain number and said "geez, I'm glad I came out, this is better than I expected" is vastly higher than the number I said "damn, I wish I was sitting at my desk right now." I wonder if that could create an unintended uptick in weekday usage...

a couple decades in the bc i still consider it a life long learning experience that changes by the minute sometimes.
    bout the only thing lifesaving youre really gonna learn in an hour would be mother nature doesnt care and abstinence works
    Not gonna disagree on that, but even if it means the potential for one less body recovery for SAR, then I'll support it.

I cannot wait for someone to make a thread here complaining about losing their pass privileges. That should be Hall of Fame worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post

My conundrum is the night before, I don't know if the call is Heavenly or Northstar. I live midway between the 2, it's about 10 min shorter to N* but after dealing with their parking/shuttle BS, it's a wash. Heavenly would normally be the choice, but in a season like last year, where there was virtually no snow for 2 1/2 months and pretty much just skiing groomers, it's a toss up. Throw in that Heavenly often has lift operations affected by wind and N* is one of the most sheltered resorts around and I'm just rolling the dice on my weather prediction abilities.
    Since it's unlikely I'll be able to reserve 'em both ( and certainly frowned upon if I do ), if I reserve Heavenly and wake up to find half the mtn is blown down, then I'm screwed because reservations at N* are sold out.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Coming to a ski area near you.

Whoa oh here he comes
    Watch out boys, he’ll chew you out!
    Whoa oh here he comes
    He’s a Mad Beater!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Who is going to tell me that I have to ski all day? I live slope side and often just roll out for a couple, three hours of spinning the wheel skiing street. Not going to hang all day to appease someone who didn't get a ticket. With limited lodge space and virtually no inside dining or bars a lot of families and benny soft adults won't be hanging out for long stretches and will head home after a few hours, have lunch and maybe come back.
    Saw something that Wachussett was going to break their day into four parts as they are open from 9am-10pm.
    This could be the season where the long lost dark art of ticket clipping makes its grand return.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

Whoa oh here he comes
    Watch out boys, he’ll chew you out!
    Whoa oh here he comes
    He’s a Mad Beater!
    Two thumbs up. You have to record some of the parody songs you come up with, man. The "One Piece at a Time" cover from the Aspen ski theft thread was hilarious.

It was my number one post of all time!

What happens if you have a season pass, don't have a res, so you borrow your buddy's season pass when he finishes his half day and goes to work?

Will this be the punishment if caught?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26-115104-dumb_and_dumber_inspired_travel_package_is_available_for_10_000_at_an_aspen_ski_resort.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	338356
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I don’t want to compete with steepconcrete ^

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What happens if you have a season pass, don't have a res, so you borrow your buddy's season pass when he finishes his half day and goes to work?
    Yeah, I was thinking with mandatory face coverings this would be the easiest year ever to share a pass with someone who even only slightly looks like you.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."