Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kore 117?

Kore 117?

Thinking about the Kore 117 as an inbounds/touring ski with the shift.

For anyone that’s skied it is it actually as good as reviews say or is it a lightweight that gets bucked around? Does it let you make high speed GS turns/slarves/straight lines or is it happier with small turns made across instead of down the fall line?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Baker rips these things around Ajax. Makes them look fun as sh!t.

That guy has the most crazy energetic style. I like it.

Yeah he rips! Head should pay him - that’s a better piece of marketing for the 117 than anything I’ve seen out there

Reminds me of Tigger from Winnie The Pooh- “What do Tigger’s do best?” “They bounce!”
    "Not all who wander are lost"

that looked like a whole lotta fun! Nice vid

That vid was bonerific

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Cool style, bouncy indeed. The ski also piqued my interest. There is a Kiwi on the FWT who also rips on it.

That guy is an incredibly strong skier! I don't know if I've ever witnessed anything like that.

Kore 117?

Thats how you (or at least our family) skied deep pow back in the day before fat skis, especially in cascade concrete - bounce as you turn to loosen the skis up. On fat skis, thats what it looks like - lots of air time. Super fun, especially with the right terrain (lots of rolls and undulations). It’ll make you tire quickly though (like deep pow on skinny skis did).

Baker is legit and just keeps progressing. Strong, fast, fluid and lots of energy. Rips on the Kore's like Caston on the ZeroGs

He’s a Flying Monkey!

yeehaw, fun vid!

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    Reminds me of Tigger from Winnie The Pooh- “What do Tigger’s do best?” “They bounce!”
    Nailed it

Spent the last 3 days on the Kore 93, blown away how well rounded it is for such a light ski. Head and Elan are getting traction from light, not skittish, fun freaking skis. I weigh 150lbs, big fellas might not care for these. But for me, I like them a shit-ton.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    ...For anyone that’s skied it is it actually as good as reviews say or is it a lightweight that gets bucked around? Does it let you make high speed GS turns/slarves/straight lines or is it happier with small turns made across instead of down the fall line?
    I skied 189cm Kore 117 for only 2 hours. A sweet balance of both slarve & carve. Its stability-per-weight ratio impressed me, but yeah, I noticed some lightweight instability when I smacked the icy underlayer on some dust-on-crust surfaces. But at least that impact usually was felt directly underfoot, so no unexpected rotation resulted from those impacts—-just some shocks felt underfoot.

Skied great. Tail is not really rockered, merely upturned. And on groomers, it felt fun when basically straightlining with super-high-radius subtle weaving. But yes some moments of lightweight instability even on clumpy deep slush groomers. Most other 2000g skis would be less stable than the Kore 117.

I would prefer a super-heavy version of these skis, but there was actually a lot that I liked about this lightweight Kore 117, and I would buy it if I ever find a dirt-cheap beater pair that is drilled 3x, etc.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Yeah he rips! Head should pay him - that’s a better piece of marketing for the 117 than anything I’ve seen out there

Baker is sponsored by Head Skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    He’s a Flying Monkey!
    Freaks, not Monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Freaks, not Monkeys.

Sorry, I’m a FOG and can’t keep track of all you ankle biters.

I will let you know after this weeked as I intend on taking them out on some mid atlantic hard pack. Just picked them up this week and they are sitting in the Jeep as I type.
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Sooo I just stumbled upon a pair on FB marketplace a few days ago. Their previous owner had dropped them on their tails so they have slight delamms and one 2" base gouge.

I can't post pictures at the moment because they're away getting fixed, but they will be for sale once I get them back.

189 KORE 117, drilled once(looks like a Aaaaaaaaaaatack hole pattern), used but not abused and with a fresh tune.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Anyone who skied the Kore 117 and Rustler 11 can compare the two?

Someone asked about the Kore 93 a few weeks ago and I gave a detailed response on my impressions. There are likely some similarities between the 93 and the 117.

Quick 'n' dirty summary: soft snow only & stay the fuck away from rocks- I mean, like, far far away.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I've skied my 117's at bunch of low tide Bridger days with zero regard for hitting rocks and had no issues. Not saying you're wrong about them being fragile, but it definitley hasn't been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Anyone who skied the Kore 117 and Rustler 11 can compare the two?
    Rustler is easier to ski and has a wider variety of turn shapes. My impression w/ only 2 runs on Rustler and 1 on Kore 117 in semi-shit fuck conditions.
    I can picture Rustlers on my feet, Kores- not so much---imo not multi dimensional enough for a 117 ski.

I've never skied the Rustler, but the Kore 117 shines if you ski fast and have an energetic style. If you like, or your terrain dictates you to ski slowly, or you ski fast, but your skis rarely leave the ground then there are probably better skis out there for you. But if you watch that video of Baker and want to/do ski in that style then the Kore is your ski.