Page 1127 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... LastLast
Results 28,151 to 28,175 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    ... Therefore, when you breathe, you're inhaling and exhaling AROUND the mask, not through it, which renders it useless/far less effective.
    Am I doing it wrong? I find I breathe around every mask.

Except for an n95. When carefully fitted, I breathe through those.

2019 flu
    Name:  WHONPHL39_small.gif
Views: 826
Size:  50.3 KB
    2020 flu
    Name:  WHONPHL40_small.gif
Views: 894
Size:  45.8 KB
    Notice how dramatically flu cases tail off in week 12-14, also known as early April as corona measures kicked in starting March. Also note how much lower cases were throughout the summer, about 10 in 2020 vs 300 in 2019.

Anti-corona measures severely knee-capped flu - terminated the 2020 flu season 2 months early, and held it to very low levels following.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

https://cambridgemask.com/

Masks. Pro version rated higher than n95, tested by legit agencies and reusable

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    https://cambridgemask.com/

Masks. Pro version rated higher than n95, tested by legit agencies and reusable
    Those appear to be similar to to the European FFP3 standard although they don't explicitly say so and similar to the US N100 standard. My impression is that those two standards always have exhale valves, presumably because it's too hard to exhale without them (or without them exhalation would all go around the mask.) It looks like the valve can be fixed in the closed position but whether it's usable that way I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My home hill only has two seaters.
    I'll be surprised if the quads aren't loaded with four people here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Actually Duke University said that buff style pull up masks were ineffective and so were one layer traditional face masks that use ear loops. U of Georgia says that the one layer buffs actually work pretty well. Not as good as N95's or the disposable blue surgical style but pretty good.
    That Duke study was crap. Literally the best "mask" for their technique would be a face shield.

Fauci says fuck around and find out.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315756327428403200

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Fauci says fuck around and find out.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315756327428403200
    The face he makes when the anchor mentions that a second ad is coming...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

If there were ever a year to buy a MRG pass, this is it.
    They sold out today.

I check up on the stats at NYT occasionally, and whoa, go North Dakota! A state that you'd expect would have a social distancing advantage purely due to low population density, but there they are, with more than 1/2% of the population being new Covid cases just in the past seven days (and about to overtake Louisiana for most cumulative cases per capita in the US), with South Dakota not far behind. Weird to see Montana as one of the recent hot-spots, given that the state had one of the cleanest Covid records in the country for most of the pandemic until recently.

Maybe the new strategy will be relocating to former hotspots.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Weird to see Montana as one of the recent hot-spots, given that the state had one of the cleanest Covid records in the country for most of the pandemic until recently.

This isn't weird in the slightest, it's a direct result of American entitlement and people traveling where they damn well please, when they damn well please, completely shirking their societal obligation to contain the spread of this virus. I'm at the point where if I hear someone say they went out of town for the weekend, I look them straight in the eye and say "that was selfish and irresponsible of you."

Yeah, no you don’t.
    crab in my shoe mouth

You’re so edgy
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    booze sobriety aint done much for yur ability to create fresh original replies
    eh
    the fucks sheldon gives about the lameairgladecunters feelings of social obligations are
    quite fewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SavedImage_1011201630b.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	882.8 KB 
ID:	343332
    Take a keg stand lap
    Quiter
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This isn't weird in the slightest, it's a direct result of American entitlement and people traveling where they damn well please, when they damn well please, completely shirking their societal obligation to contain the spread of this virus. I'm at the point where if I hear someone say they went out of town for the weekend, I look them straight in the eye and say "that was selfish and irresponsible of you."
    Yeah but no.

Was in MT in July. Never got it, never gave it, never had it, took precautions.

Most people in MT on the other hand were not taking precautions. Few masks, eating gill to gill in restaurants, generally being Trumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah but no.

Was in MT in July. Never got it, never gave it, never had it, took precautions.

Most people in MT on the other hand were not taking precautions. Few masks, eating gill to gill in restaurants, generally being Trumpers.

I agree 100%, go wherever you want, doesn’t matter if it’s a kids sports tournament, camping or a weekend away to do whatever. That being said, take all the recommended precautions (masks, distancing, wash hands frequently, don’t go if you feel sick, etc) and live your life. What I don’t agree with is a visitor going to a certain place and being a liability and not following the recommended precautions...then that person can fuck off.

What if I went to SE Oregon and didn’t interact with anyone for four days?

He would look you straight in the eye and say "that was selfish and irresponsible of you." ...... apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What if I went to SE Oregon and didn’t interact with anyone for four days?

I'm sorry, but you now have a case of pernicious flatulation. Godspeed.

I check up on the stats at NYT occasionally, and whoa, go North Dakota! A state that you'd expect would have a social distancing advantage purely due to low population density, but there they are, with more than 1/2% of the population being new Covid cases just in the past seven days (and about to overtake Louisiana for most cumulative cases per capita in the US), with South Dakota not far behind. Weird to see Montana as one of the recent hot-spots, given that the state had one of the cleanest Covid records in the country for most of the pandemic until recently.
    Sturgis?

Wait, half of the population of ND has tested positive? Is that right?

%. Half of 1% in 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Wait, half of the population of ND has tested positive? Is that right?
    Half a percent, not 50 percent.

Then again what's half a percent of ND's population. Like five people?