Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

As a Bills fan I’m glad to not get abused by him anymore. Hell of a football player, he’s the LT of tight ends with regard to redefining his position

Damn, I just heard the news.

Oh well, I’m not surprised to hear it but I’m sad nonetheless. He was a stud TE like no one else. First ballot hall of famer. Heard the same thing Iceman said, he’s lived off endorsements and hasn’t touched a cent of his contract money, so it sounds like he’s got a good head on his shoulders financially and anyhow he’ll forever have a job endorsing Dunkin Doughnuts (or really whatever he wants) in New England

NFL 2019/2020

Props to Gronkowski for a fantastic career. He will be missed. I hope he enjoys the shit out of retirement.

Glad he got to finish on top, and left before the game left him.

People always think he's dumb but I dunno. He had lots of fun and laughs, kicked ass, set records, won championships, made money, saved it, probably got laid a couple thousand times and walked away on top. Doesn't seem too dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    obj could just as easily be the cancer that destroys the browns momentum
    Except most reports are that he was a good teammate and not a locker room cancer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    As a Bills fan I’m glad to not get abused by him anymore. Hell of a football player, he’s the LT of tight ends with regard to redefining his position
    It's splitting hairs, but I think he was a unicorn TE, not one who redefines the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Damn, I just heard the news.

Oh well, I’m not surprised to hear it but I’m sad nonetheless. He was a stud TE like no one else. First ballot hall of famer. Heard the same thing Iceman said, he’s lived off endorsements and hasn’t touched a cent of his contract money, so it sounds like he’s got a good head on his shoulders financially and anyhow he’ll forever have a job endorsing Dunkin Doughnuts (or really whatever he wants) in New England
    Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

From last NFL thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's football. See above re Gurley and Kupp. Where was Edelman last year? The healthiest team wins for the most part.
    BTW--Gronkowski took one hit where it looked like he was considering staying on the ground until the game was over. What are the odds of him playing another season?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    100-1 he stays imo

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
    In my defense, it’s most commonly referred to as “Dunks” or “Dunkies” or “DD”
    And, I’m an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's splitting hairs, but I think he was a unicorn TE, not one who redefines the position.
    You’re right on the unicorn. He’s the type of TE every GM is looking for but much harder to find than an LT.

My GF would say ‘it’s not fair, if everyone can’t have a gronk no one should have one. He’s too big’

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

My GF would say ‘it’s not fair, if everyone can’t have a gronk no one should have one. He’s too big’
    You're sure she was talking about football?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    You're sure she was talking about football?
    Good question, I'm gonna start watching her more closely.

I'm no Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    People always think he's dumb but I dunno. He had lots of fun and laughs, kicked ass, set records, won championships, made money, saved it, probably got laid a couple thousand times and walked away on top. Doesn't seem too dumb to me.
    Agreed....
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The NFL's owners have approved making both defensive and offensive pass interference reviewable.
    Here we go. Both calls and non-calls will be reviewable. They will be initiated by a coach's challenge until the final two minutes of a half. It is a seismic change, one that will surely have unforeseen consequences. For instance, grabbing on a Hail Mary will now be reviewable. It could become a nuisance, but it is a good thing that truly game-changing penalties will now be subject to review.

Really, nobody cares that P.I. calls AND NON CALLS will be reviewable this season?? Seems like kind of a big deal to me

I guess the only owner to vote against it was the Bungles' Mike Brown.

The same man who refuses to hire a GM. Or scouts.

Read into that what you will.
    I still call it The Jake.

The NFL's owners have approved making both defensive and offensive pass interference reviewable.
    Here we go. Both calls and non-calls will be reviewable. They will be initiated by a coach's challenge until the final two minutes of a half. It is a seismic change, one that will surely have unforeseen consequences. For instance, grabbing on a Hail Mary will now be reviewable. It could become a nuisance, but it is a good thing that truly game-changing penalties will now be subject to review.
    I like it. As long as they don’t screw up the reviews it can only improve the game. I think the end of game judgement/ let them play does have to extend to review, I.e. unless it is blatant you don’t get PI on a Hail Mary.

The pick play will now be less effective.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Not everyone is stoked on this draft: https://twitter.com/i/status/1121752905059577857

Pretty fucking stoked on the Pats 1st round pick. N'keal Harry is the best WR in the draft IMO. Big, fast, good hands, great route runner, hard to tackle. YAC and contested catch BEAST. Supposedly a really mature guy with excellent character. Returned punts, versatile; they even ran wildcat with him under center. Comparisons to Dez Bryant, Anquan Bolden, Demaryous Thomas, and Shannon Sharpe. 1st WR the Pats have taken in the first round in over 20 years!! Paired with a healthy Demaryous Thomas (fingers crossed), a newly-focused and sober Josh Gordon (fingers and toes crossed), the ever slippery and solid Julian Edelman and a solid RB pack = Superbowl Ring #7

It's about time they replace Moss.

Pretty fucking stoked on the Pats 1st round pick. N'keal Harry is the best WR in the draft IMO. Big, fast, good hands, great route runner, hard to tackle. YAC and contested catch BEAST. Supposedly a really mature guy with excellent character. Returned punts, versatile; they even ran wildcat with him under center. Comparisons to Dez Bryant, Anquan Bolden, Demaryous Thomas, and Shannon Sharpe. 1st WR the Pats have taken in the first round in over 20 years!! Paired with a healthy Demaryous Thomas (fingers crossed), a newly-focused and sober Josh Gordon (fingers and toes crossed), the ever slippery and solid Julian Edelman and a solid RB pack = Superbowl Ring #7
    While they may very well get ring #7, it won't be because of the 2 highlighted things.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is there anything Pats related you dont agree with (granted given their success there isn't much to argue with)? You are to the NFL thread what TahoeJ is to the NBA thread.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Is there anything Pats related you dont agree with?

Pat's have 2 picks in round 2 and 3 in round 3. I'll bet a couple work out pretty well.

Is there anything Pats related you dont agree with....
    Nope (as long as they keep on winning )
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Nope (as long as they keep on winning )
    Hey I dont blame any of you, the Broncos have won 3 super bowls under Elways watch and I will always support his decisions, even as he spends another draft pick on a quarterback.
    By the way, I think he hit it out of the park with this draft. See, I can homer with the best of ya!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Is there anything Pats related you dont agree with? You are to the NFL thread what TahoeJ is to the NBA thread.
    Thats fair. There is no arguing I'm a huge Pats homer. But even is I wasn't, this
    given their success there isn't much to argue with