Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    quick subscription as i contemplated replacing my lange xt freetours

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    How would you compare the flex to the 120’s? Also do you know what flex the tongue is.
    These are a "B" tongue - same as the Krypton 130 & Factory, but very different from the 120 "P" tongue. What makes these way stiffer is the lower shell is Race PU plastics & comes up very high on the Lupo models. I will likely run "P" for In Bounds & seek a "M" for BC stuff personally.

B - 130 flex, PU material, hi rebound, lively
    P - ~120 flex, Grilamid ish fiber, low rebounding, very damp
    C - 110 flex, PU, hi rebound
    M- 95 flex, Marphan (sp), low rebound
    D- 85 flex, PU, mild rebounding

I believe the "P" tongue is Pebax. Marfran is from the same company as Irfran (Francesco Franceschetti Elastomeri) as found in the Lupo AX 120.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    These are a "B" tongue - same as the Krypton 130 & Factory, but very different from the 120 "P" tongue. What makes these way stiffer is the lower shell is Race PU plastics & comes up very high on the Lupo models. I will likely run "P" for In Bounds & seek a "M" for BC stuff personally.

B - 130 flex, PU material, hi rebound, lively
    P - ~120 flex, Grilamid ish fiber, low rebounding, very damp
    C - 110 flex, PU, hi rebound
    M- 95 flex, Marphan (sp), low rebound
    D- 85 flex, PU, mild rebounding
    Great summary of the tongue options...I am thinking along the same lines...getting a “p” flex as a second option...

Really looking forward to getting these boots. I have high hopes...

I bumped up to the 130 tongue in my ax120’s and have been happy
    (210 lbs skier)

Yea...I was thinking about that or swapping out the stock liners...But wasn’t sure how much of a difference it would make. From what I am hearing the Pro HD with the PU really stiffens up the boot all around. I am not sure if the cuff Is different from the 120. I was on the fence all summer...but ended up pulling the trigger on the Pro HD..

I saw these last year and nearly wet my pants, but had the summer to let things cool off. I have the Lupo Factory and then found a late season deal on some KR Pro’s so I don’t think I really need to change things up this year. I’m patrolling Nordic this year anyway, soooooo...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54A582C5-689E-40C4-973C-3E09B8347FCB.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	254.7 KB 
ID:	298238

New this year, the 120 swaps from P to C & factory goes B to C.

Last years 120 was soft, can’t I mange needing it any softer...

My Pro HDs came in yesterday. The flex is stiff for sure but feels good. The liner is nice but seems thick around the foot. As far as fit goes, it was tight around the mid foot but lots of room in the toe box, the heal pocket is tighter then my 120’s and that is a good thing for me. Molding/cooking the liners might fix how tight there were around my foot. But they were tight enough that I would not ski them that way
    I put a pair of LV Dream Liners in and the fit was perfect. Bottom line...these boots are what I was looking for, right amount of flex, tight enough to allow for a good custom fit.

I assume these fit identically to the other non-AX Lupo boots?

Going to find a place to try some on but doesn't seem like a lot of places carry the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I assume these fit identically to the other non-AX Lupo boots?

Going to find a place to try some on but doesn't seem like a lot of places carry the HD.
    Ya, fit is identical to other Lupos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone out there who has skied the both the older Lupo Ti (with the green PU clog) and newer variants of the Lupo?

Compare/contrast?
    Walk ROM looks a million times better on newer versions but are they as stout?
    I have a NIB old stock Lupo Ti (green PU clog) and have yet to ski it.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I've owned and skied the Lupo ti, Lupo ti carbon and Lupo ax125. The green and carbon ski pretty darn close from my memory but it's been a while. I think the carbon might have a bit more rearward stiffness. The range of motion is much better with the revised walkmode. Not having a quick release on the tongues is a bit of a hassle for touring, but there are work arounds. The only reason I don't have the greens anymore is the lower shell cracked at they got replaced with the carbons.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Anyone out there who has skied the both the older Lupo Ti (with the green PU clog) and newer variants of the Lupo?

Compare/contrast?
    Walk ROM looks a million times better on newer versions but are they as stout?
    I have a NIB old stock Lupo Ti (green PU clog) and have yet to ski it.
    The new blue AX120 is not as solid in terms of material thickness but flex feels very solid like 120. It’s thinner shell but flex feels linear and can drive big skis. ROM is great and I really like em

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

FWIW (just my 2 cents) - I think much of what folks make of this boot being "too vertical" is really the boot being too stiff. I found the B tongue in several variants of the lupos - was simply too stiff for myself, yet when I went to a P, the rebound was less harsh & I was able to leverage a much better position.

Anyone know the Dalbello part #'s for 4* & 8* forward lean wedges?
    And for that matter alpine sole block part # for Lupo Ti?

PS Thank you guys for your thoughts re: Lupo model differences.
    Just trying to figure out if I should keep and ski my NIB Lupo Ti or liquidate it to partially fund a new model Lupo.

Anyone know the Dalbello part #'s for 4* & 8* forward lean wedges?
    And for that matter alpine sole block part # for Lupo Ti?

PS Thank you guys for your thoughts re: Lupo model differences.
    Just trying to figure out if I should keep and ski my NIB Lupo Ti or liquidate it to partially fund a new model Lupo.
    I would liquidate as the newer models with the bolt on "flap" work so damn well to approximate the top of the boot - it's just crazy how conforming that thing is & you can run a Booster & the entire set up is just money. I never felt that the "overlaps" on the cuff did such a great job.

I would liquidate as the newer models with the bolt on "flap" work so damn well to approximate the top of the boot - it's just crazy how conforming that thing is & you can run a Booster & the entire set up is just money. I never felt that the "overlaps" on the cuff did such a great job.
    Good data point.
    Bolt on flap, I'm not sure what you mean?

FWIW (just my 2 cents) - I think much of what folks make of this boot being "too vertical" is really the boot being too stiff. I found the B tongue in several variants of the lupos - was simply too stiff for myself, yet when I went to a P, the rebound was less harsh & I was able to leverage a much better position.
    I did a side by side comparison. I took the tongue out of the AX 120 which is a “p” and put it one of my Lupo Pro HD. So one boot had the stock “b” tongue and the other had the softer “p”. Both boots were the Pro HD.

I could really tell the difference. The P started flexing much easer but then seemed to stiffen up halfway through. The B seemed to have a steady flex all the way through. Keep in mind this was all indoors.

Bolt on flap, I'm not sure what you mean?
    The top latch sits on a bolt on flap that can be moved up or down (2 positions) or even fully removed for lite AT stealth missions with just a power/booster strap. It is much more flexible & conforming than the older 1 piece cuff that wraps around.

I did a side by side comparison. I took the tongue out of the AX 120 which is a “p” and put it one of my Lupo Pro HD. So one boot had the stock “b” tongue and the other had the softer “p”. Both boots were the Pro HD.

I could really tell the difference. The P started flexing much easer but then seemed to stiffen up halfway through. The B seemed to have a steady flex all the way through. Keep in mind this was all indoors.
    thats good to know, I was really considering the Pro HD, but after reading this thread i think the AX 120, especially with the wider last which i could really use, sounds better. I grew up skiing park and still do, and got so accustomed to boots that are really easy to flex into initially. I like having an upright stance, but almost get my forward lean by just getting into skiing position and letting the boot flex with me. my il moro's and FT hotdoggers were great in that they'd give me that soft initial flex but stiffen up significantly so you still had something to push into when you're really charging.

I've had a hell of a time finding a 50/50 boot with those same characteristics, or anywhere close. do you think the HD with the softer P tongue would fit that? or maybe i should just go for the ax120

Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    I've had a hell of a time finding a 50/50 boot with those same characteristics, or anywhere close. do you think the HD with the softer P tongue would fit that? or maybe i should just go for the ax120

My plan
    is to use the AX 120 with a M tongue as my 50/50 & the Pro HD with the B/P as my on hill rig. I am a tiny skier at 145 pounds & found the P was nearly perfect as a 50/50 last year, but wanted it a lil softer to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    thats good to know, I was really considering the Pro HD, but after reading this thread i think the AX 120, especially with the wider last which i could really use, sounds better. I grew up skiing park and still do, and got so accustomed to boots that are really easy to flex into initially. I like having an upright stance, but almost get my forward lean by just getting into skiing position and letting the boot flex with me. my il moro's and FT hotdoggers were great in that they'd give me that soft initial flex but stiffen up significantly so you still had something to push into when you're really charging.

The AX120 is a great boot. For my foot I was able to basically ski it out of the box. There are lots of great reviews on the DH performance of the AX120. I personally just needed more boot. I am like 75/25 inbounds and the 25 is more short “side country” stuff so weight wasn't as much of a factor. I was more then happy to trade weight for DH performance. But again that is just me.
    FWIW if I had to call it I would say the AX120 felt more like a 110 flexing boot and the HD Pro feels like a true 130.

I am looking forward to getting some real time in on the HD Pros.

The AX120 is a great boot. For my foot I was able to basically ski it out of the box. There are lots of great reviews on the DH performance of the AX120. I personally just needed more boot. I am like 75/25 inbounds and the 25 is more short “side country” stuff so weight wasn't as much of a factor. I was more then happy to trade weight for DH performance. But again that is just me.
    FWIW if I had to call it I would say the AX120 felt more like a 110 flexing boot and the HD Pro feels like a true 130.

I am looking forward to getting some real time in on the HD Pros.
    Ok sounds like it could be perfect or on the verge of too soft, maybe a liner and possibly stiffer tongue could get it about perfect.

I say 50/50 boot, but for me personally it’s more like 85% inbounds and I’m looking for the best inbounds performance, don’t care about weight or sacrificing touring performance to get it. If a boot just so happens to tour well and be a decent weight then great!

The HD seems like that boot, but from what it sounds like the AX should ski just as well assuming the flex works for me? The wider last is a big deal for me, my foots ridiculously wide

So disappointed that both these and the Factories are both 98mm last. I feel like they really missed the mark by not making one of these an AX version/100mm last. Love my ax's but would love the stiffer version in the wider last.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"