Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Water.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What about contrails, where does that water come from?
    trick question, only mind control chemicals

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You have to VOTE to get these things done. Left to our own devices, none of this shit will happen.
    Vote HOW exactly? When the most "environmentally" minded governmental bodies in the country can't even curb their raging hard on for almond farming and sucking the Colorado dry, it's tough to believe they're the solution. Clearly the R's are not the answer either, hence my pessimism on this entire front. It's depressing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Heh. North Americans are just too fat. I’d be happy to see we just eat 10% less and lessen the amount of spoilage, buy less consumer junk, consume a bit less energy. I’d say tighten our belts, but most of us are so fat we only fit in stretchy-waist track pants. But nope, the solution is always someone else’s responsibility.
    We are stuffed, but wanting more, and wanting it now, especially before the other guy gets theirs. This has to change.
    Haha. All too true. Solid rant, BC.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Vote HOW exactly? When the most "environmentally" minded governmental bodies in the country can't even curb their raging hard on for almond farming and sucking the Colorado dry, it's tough to believe they're the solution. Clearly the R's are not the answer either, hence my pessimism on this entire front. It's depressing.

there is no hardon for almond farming moron. And for your non feedlot cattle check out the carrying capacity for cattle in some of those ranches between the coast and the Central Valley - it’s like 50 acres per cow

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    no doubt they're not in my wheelhouse. But are you suggesting that the article supports AK47bp's position that the amount of water remains completely constant on the planet as a matter of scientific law? Or that science in general supports that proposition? If you don't agree with his absolutist position or his interpretation of the article, how am I wrong?
    I’m hopeful one of the resident science people can weigh in here.

By “water” maybe I should correct my standing and say “the elements that make water are constant” ?

Can’t make or destroy elements, right guys??

But I agree, if we build a a spaceship and launch it into space (Voyager) the elements that make that probe are gone from earth forever (but not destroyed).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Perhaps you're both right, sorta?

Take the periodic table and look at any element. We're pretty much stuck here with finite quantities of each one unless a nearby star goes supernova and rains down a whole bunch of shit, or an asteroid the size of dunfee's mom hits us. Water is a compound, 2 Hs and one O. The O, which is finite here, can exist as part of different compounds. The H is finite as well. So it sorta depends on how those two combine, or separate over time.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’m hopeful one of the resident science people can weigh in here.

By “water” maybe I should correct my standing and say “the elements that make water are constant” ?

Can’t make or destroy elements, right guys??
    I'm hopeful one of those resident scientists can weigh in as well, rather than someone just saying "you wrong". And FWIW, the notion that the elements that make up water remain constant on earth (or a reasonable approximation of constant) is VASTLY different than what you originally said and continued to back until this post. I would never have responded to that statement, had you made it. But your original assertion/question was that the water must be somewhere else if it's not in our rivers, because it must be water somewhere. When that is not at all true.

I may not be a scientist, but I deal in language, and what you intended to say (apparently) versus what you actually said, are very different things.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Water.....

I'm hopeful one of those resident scientists can weigh in as well, rather than someone just saying "you wrong". And FWIW, the notion that the elements that make up water remain constant on earth (or a reasonable approximation of constant) is VASTLY different than what you originally said and continued to back until this post. I would never have responded to that statement, had you made it. But your original assertion/question was that the water must be somewhere else if it's not in our rivers, because it must be water somewhere. When that is not at all true.

I may not be a scientist, but I deal in language, and what you intended to say (apparently) versus what you actually said, are very different things.
    You may not be a scientist but that was some dam some good lawyering there ^

no doubt they're not in my wheelhouse. But are you suggesting that the article supports AK47bp's position that the amount of water remains completely constant on the planet as a matter of scientific law? Or that science in general supports that proposition? If you don't agree with his absolutist position or his interpretation of the article, how am I wrong?
    without getting to far outside my own wheelhouse…

really depends what you consider to be completely constant? because as a percentage of the whole, yea, it stays pretty constant. can’t escape out of the atmosphere. off the top of my head I can’t think of any naturally occurring chemical changes that H2O undergoes other than lightning induced hydrolysis, which would account for an extremely small loss over the last 4 billion years.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You may not be a scientist but that was some dam some good lawyering there ^

it was table pounding, because he doesn’t know what the fuck he’s on about

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    without getting to far outside my own wheelhouse…

really depends what you consider to be completely constant? because as a percentage of the whole, yea, it stays pretty constant. can’t escape out of the atmosphere. off the top of my head I can’t think of any naturally occurring chemical changes that H2O undergoes other than lightning induced hydrolysis, which would account for an extremely small loss over the last 4 billion years.
    One hudge example was right in the article Ak47bp posted: 6CO2 + 6H2O + light → C6H12O6 (sugar)+ 6O2

This whole thread is about consumptive uses of water.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It would depend on your time interval. Over small spans of time, most compounds (water, etc.) are fairly stable. On the flip side look at CO2 which appears to be increasing in the atmosphere over a longer time span. So I see no reason why water can't increase/decrease as it reacts with lots of stuff.

Look at how rust is made
    4Fe + 3O₂ + 6H₂O = 4Fe(OH)₃.

So don't let your shit rust if you want to conserve water.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    it was table pounding, because he doesn’t know what the fuck he’s on about
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 425
Size:  855.9 KB

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 425
Size:  855.9 KB
    TPS report is due bitch!

if substantial water left earth regularly we’d be dead. Now make like I’m obtuse for pointing out you being a dipshit

What about contrails, where does that water come from?
    You misspelled chemtrails

Name:  chemtrails-photo.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  19.0 KB

On a more serious note ......
    Any one know hat camel meat tastes like?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    On a more serious note ......
    Any one know hat camel meat tastes like?
    did you know the us imports it from Australia? It’s eh.

water ... reacts with lots of stuff.
    Like NaCl

TPS report is due bitch!

if substantial water left earth regularly we’d be dead. Now make like I’m obtuse for pointing out you being a dipshit
    Remind me where I said substantial water left earth regularly? Or just keep doing what you do, which is nothing but angrily attack everyone in an attempt to demonstrate that you are smarter and more insightful than all of us but can't be bothered actually contributing anything useful. We already know that you're the smartest person here, does that make you feel better?

Remind me where I said substantial water left earth regularly? Or just keep doing what you do, which is nothing but angrily attack everyone in an attempt to demonstrate that you are smarter and more insightful than all of us but can't be bothered actually contributing anything useful. We already know that you're the smartest person here, does that make you feel better?
    You think faux Freddy and foggy caulfield are funny with their fauxcal identity politics they spoon feed to cube monkeys, don’t get up my ass about spewing bullshit to feel better cube monkey.

Is there opportunity to do more with reclaimed water? People live on the space station for months and months recycling their water...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is there opportunity to do more with reclaimed water? People live on the space station for months and months recycling their water...
    You talking about drinking piss?

You think faux Freddy and foggy caulfield are funny with their fauxcal identity politics they spoon feed to cube monkeys, don’t get up my ass about spewing bullshit to feel better cube monkey.
    That's what I thought.

Seems like no amount of regulation or reduction will solve this. Only delay the inevitable. Too many people living in and continuing to grow / develop in areas where there isn’t enough water.

Think we need to engineer our way out of this. Need some government funded, private company executed desalination system on a grand scale to move clean water to the headwaters of the CO river (or wherever deemed the best fit).

With that, good luck with permits, environmental issues, and funding something like this. We built the Hoover Dam

That's what I thought.
    and that’s what I’ve always known