Page 53 of 226 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 5634
    My wife just got a text from the USPS asking her to set delivery preferences for a package she didn't order. Must be a new scam.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...am/5689485002/

whatever happened to jim harris, gnarwhale? is he continuing to get better after the spinal injury? hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    whatever happened to jim harris, gnarwhale? is he continuing to get better after the spinal injury? hope so!
    He's on IG, @perpetualweekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Budget Rental Car is trying to charge us over $500 for a crack in a windshield. I need to tweet my dissatisfaction. How do I do that? Do I just go to my page and use the @ symbol? Like "@Budget you guys are fucking scam artists trying to charge me for a goddam cracked windshield that expanded from a tiny crack to a big one while I had the car, and you cannot prove differently!" Like that? Or do I go to their page and post there? I understand FB but not the twitters.
    Appreciate the feedback, but can anyone answer my Twitter question? I don't know how to tweet (I have an account), how do I publicly tweet at them so everyone can see? (IME, this is the way to get companies to back off their shady behavior, but I've only used Facebook)

I will check with my credit card (Costco visa), I'm also going to dispute the charge. They never gave me the opportunity to report existing damage, and the crack was barely visible in the dark parking garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If you start a tweet with just the @budget it will go directly to them and only people who follow you both will see it. To get around it lots of people start the tweet with a . So it would be like .@budget. Or just use the opportunity to make it have some personality like “Hey @budget you morans you tried to charge me $37 without the proper ski off challenge”
    To close the loop because I know you all were concerned, the social media complaint FTW! Budget reversed the charge.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice! What did you say?
    I still call it The Jake.

To close the loop because I know you all were concerned, the social media complaint FTW! Budget reversed the charge.
    Score!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Nice! What did you say?
    "All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we find those Budget fucks who are making up bullshit charges, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then all you motherfucks are next. Love, Danno."

I've never used social media to complain...I've done in numerous times for windshield cracks, minor dings, etc at the desk or over the phone once the charge came on the CC. Always got them to remove the charge but one time when a deer walked into the side of the car when I was swerving away from it. Its head hit the side mirror and torn it off and scraped the window with his antlers. I agreed with the side mirror but not the total replacement of the window - $850 total.

They asked me "How much do you want to pay?"....I was taken aback but replied that I would be willing to pay $500 as that is what VISA would pay before handing it to my insurance company. Rental person lowered to $500 and we closed the complaint out.

This works in the US.....but no go overseas. Of 4 incidents overseas none have been removed or lowered and they will charge you no matter what...even if its 100% someone else's fault. Of course overseas max's on CC are on the order of $3000-5000, so that covers most anything by VISA....so I never stress it.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    "All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we find those Budget fucks who are making up bullshit charges, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then all you motherfucks are next. Love, Danno."
    500 bucks, Budget man
    put that shit, in my hand
    if the money doesn’t show
    then you owe me owe me owe
    my jungle love

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    This works in the US.....but no go overseas. Of 4 incidents overseas
    You really suck at driving.

Funny, my big incident in Italy involved a van brought into a medieval village where it had no business being. Scraped up the whole side of the thing on a building and spent an hour with the entire extended family pushing to extract it uphill while burning the shit out of the clutch.. much to the locals amusement as they watched and heckled from their windows.

Returned it without a word and was never even questioned. No charges assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Nice! What did you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Exactly. More or less.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What do our dogs think when they spend 5 plus hours dealing with us while tripping?

"Is it dinner time yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You really suck at driving.
    As usual you are wrong (but whats new there?):

1 time got hit by a drunk driver in Costa Rica - $800
    1 time car got hit while parked and unattended in PARKING LOT (England). Person left a note, but rental company still charged my CC. $250
    1 time sister was driving in winter and slid on ice in Germany and slid thru intersection. $4000
    1 time friend was driving in Paris and we got hit in massive traffic jam and they drove away in crowd and we couldn't chase. Gave license number to rental company but still charged CC. $3000

Now the sirbumpsalot name makes sense. Might even warrant an upgrade to sircrashesalot.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Now the sirbumpsalot name makes sense. Might even warrant an upgrade to sircrashesalot.
    badluckbumpsalot
    Name:  Bad_Luck_Brian.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  11.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Certainly seems I am a magnet for bad drivers overseas...and wildlife in the US.

Driving in St. Lo in the rain come around a corner at maybe 25MPH and realize to late that the car ahead--with no brake lights on--isn't moving. I gently rear end it with some damage to both cars. Guy gets out of the car--turns out he's a postman, very drunk, trying to deliver the mail. He looks at the damage. "Small problem". We follow him to Caen to the rental car place where he knows the guys running it. We sign some papers, in French of course which I can't read. We drive away with a new rental car.

When it comes time to return the car at Charles DeGaulle we miss the rental car drop off and are heading back out of the airport, realizing that, in those pre GPS days we will never figure out how to get back to the airport in time for our flight. Just before we are deposited back on the autoroute we see a sign for the car rental company. Turns out it's the garage--no customer service there. We leave the car, find a shuttle back to the terminal, drop the keys at the rental car desk with a hurried explanation, and fly off.

And never hear a word about any of it, no new charges on our Visa, nothing.

Been to that spot late for a flight as well. The car return at cdg is seriously fucked up. We dropped our car there too, keys in it with a note. All good. I think it happens a lot.

Btw, the 7 passenger Peugeot diesel was a great car

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    What do our dogs think when they spend 5 plus hours dealing with us while tripping?
    A tripping dog is most likely entertained. Pretty sure that five hours goes by quickly for them. The heightened sense of smell should keep them busy.

The interesting question is what do you do while the dog is tripping.
    . . .

They say dogs smell scents like we see colors, all around them, all the time. They're born tripping.

Sounds too.
    But you were right at the outset: "is it time to eat now?"
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    They say dogs smell scents like we see colors, all around them, all the time. They're born tripping.
    They really do have the best lives

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Been to that spot late for a flight as well. The car return at cdg is seriously fucked up. We dropped our car there too, keys in it with a note. All good. I think it happens a lot.

Btw, the 7 passenger Peugeot diesel was a great car

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We were at CDG when there was a huge explosion. The passengers hit the floor. The desk reps kept typing. We figured they'd blown up someone's unattended luggage on the tarmac. Would have been nice if they'd announced it ahead of time.