Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    I followed an AMC Eagle once up to St Mary's glacier to camp overnight and do some "skiing".
    Thing was built and badass. Ugly as hell, and I wouldn't drive it daily, but damn did that guy know how to pick a line. I didn't even tap a rock on the undercarriage once.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I followed an AMC Eagle once up to St Mary's glacier to camp overnight and do some "skiing".
    Thing was built and badass. Ugly as hell, and I wouldn't drive it daily, but damn did that guy know how to pick a line. I didn't even tap a rock on the undercarriage once.
    AMC Eagle build with a modern drivetrain and coil over suspension could be the ultimate wagon. Throw some lockers on there and a latte maker and it would be at home in the Wagon thread.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    AMC Eagle build with a modern drivetrain and coil over suspension could be the ultimate wagon. Throw some lockers on there and a latte maker and it would be at home in the Wagon thread.
    Some guys from Canuckistan have kinda already done that.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Some guys from Canuckistan have kinda already done that.

That DOES NOT have the sexy lines of an Eagle.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

That DOES NOT have the sexy lines of an Eagle.
    This cannot be argued. But, it does kinda look like the Paris-Dakar 959, which is good for a nostalgia boner.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Slap some wood paneling and tons of brightwork on it and you'll never know the difference.
    I still call it The Jake.

I looked into doing an Eagle SX4 like that. I found one locally that had the motor built by some AMC freak in WI and the mechanic that owned it had an EFI on there and had a Tremec 5 speed in the back to install. He said it was pushing 300 hp out of that 258. I figured real brakes and some sort of adjustable coilovers so it could be run as a fun road machine most of the time and lift it up for off road when necessary. I realized that build was well beyond my driveway hack ability and bailed on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Slap some wood paneling and tons of brightwork on it and you'll never know the difference.
    The one I followed had a louvered back window.
    Don't forget the louvers.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I looked into doing an Eagle SX4 like that. I found one locally that had the motor built by some AMC freak in WI and the mechanic that owned it had an EFI on there and had a Tremec 5 speed in the back to install. He said it was pushing 300 hp out of that 258. I figured real brakes and some sort of adjustable coilovers so it could be run as a fun road machine most of the time and lift it up for off road when necessary. I realized that build was well beyond my driveway hack ability and bailed on the idea.
    Your wallet is glad you bailed, but you have let the TRG down.

Nah. You got this!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I was gifted a Bronco 2 by my MIL's husband.
    So like your FIL?

Yesssss!

Nooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    So like your FIL?
    My MIL's 3rd husband.

Not my wife's father.

My FIL is 1st Husband.

Not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Was that Bronco driver wearing a mask?

Thing looks big. I can't wait to see one in the wild. Let the aftermarket begin!!!

I saw my first new bronco in the wild on 395 in reno yeaterday. I cant believe people are excited for that thing, it looked like something that would be sold by Kia.

I see FJ cruiser sales trends for this thing. A good first year or two then they are going to fall off a cliff.

That is way to large to be taken seriously as an off road machine, but the mall crawler crowd will try it out for a moment me thinks.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Same color as the one I saw. Black steelies as well.

It looked like a Jeep Wrangler and a Defender had a kid.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Was that Bronco driver wearing a mask?

Thing looks big. I can't wait to see one in the wild. Let the aftermarket begin!!!
    There are two, the Bronco Sport (which I'm assuming is smaller, 2.0L only) and then the Bronco (like in the video), with a 2.7L V6.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I just was informed the piece of trash I saw was a Bronco sport, a different car than the "real bronco".
    What a stupid move by ford to call that ugly little thing a bronco when trying to revive the Marquee.
    People who don't follow the hype train see it as the bronco sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Speaking of speed, even this basic power train on the upsized wheel Badlands Sport clocked 5.9 secs 0-60.
    Cool, easier for the dipshits to flip.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

That is way to large to be taken seriously as an off road machine, but the mall crawler crowd will try it out for a moment me thinks.
    Meh. No bigger than a Defender or Land Cruiser, both of which are pretty heralded off-road machines.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I just was informed the piece of trash I saw was a Bronco sport, a different car than the "real bronco".
    What a stupid move by ford to call that ugly little thing a bronco when trying to revive the Marquee.
    Bronco = Offroad/ Overland Division
    Mustang= Speed Division
    Trucks= Trucks. They aren't going to mess with that group

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Yeah, did some reading and found that the Bronco Sport is based on an Escape, fwd platform, unibody. Posermobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Meh. No bigger than a Defender or Land Cruiser, both of which are pretty heralded off-road machines.
    Wrangler was main target. Bronco 2 door WB smidge longer than Wrangler, 4 door WB smidge shorter than Wrangler. Angles are comparable, depend on wheel and suspension pkg.

Perhaps AR doesn’t consider the Wrangler to be sized for off road use.