Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Ahmaud Arbery

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/newswo...QSM?ocid=ientp

Have you guys seen this shit? There's actual video of it, but it's pretty fucking horrific. Both the assholes responsible are walking around free men at the moment. What in the actual fuck.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Say his name fast enough and it sounds like 'armed robbery.' That's probable cause in Ga if you are black.
    In with the 9.

The dad is a former police officer. Surely he wouldn't falsify a report.

PSA: Hard to unsee that video.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    PSA: Hard to unsee that video.
    It absolutely is....Question for the lawyer/ dentists: How are these two crackers still walking around???
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    It absolutely is....Question for the lawyer/ dentists: How are these two crackers still walking around???
    Answer from a non-lawyer: because Georgia.

Why has it become normal for videos depicting homicide to be made public?

I didn't see a link to a video in the article, so what's the deal? Some jabroni upload it to facefuck or did an agency somehow obtain it?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Why has it become normal for videos depicting homicide to be made public?

I didn't see a link to a video in the article, so what's the deal? Some jabroni upload it to facefuck or did an agency somehow obtain it?
    It's my understanding that the family was made aware early of the video, but were denied access to it by authorities. Then someone leaked it, I think. I'll try and find their attorney's letter......
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

-Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

“These men were vigilantes, they were a posse and they performed a modern lynching in the middle of the day,” said Lee Merritt, an attorney for Arbery's mother.

I need to know whether or not he was wearing a hoodie before I'm comfortable passing judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I need to know whether or not he was wearing a hoodie before I'm comfortable passing judgment.
    He was not. Allegedly.

It is my legal opinion that the prosecutor in charge of this case has no dick, with the evidence being that they presumably had access to this video and other evidence in March and still wanted a grand jury to decide if these guys committed a crime instead of filing some charges and making some arrests.

How are these two crackers still walking around???
    From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today:

"After Brunswick DA Jackie Johnson recused herself, the case was handed off to Waycross Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill. In a letter sent to a Glynn County police captain, Barnhill wrote that the three men were in “hot pursuit” of a burglary suspect with “solid, firsthand probable cause.” “It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived,” Barnhill wrote. “Under Georgia law this is perfectly legal.” He references watching Bryan's video. While most have found it damning, Barnhill, who could not be reached for comment, wrote that the footage essentially exonerated the McMichaels. He said it shows Arbery, who was unarmed, attacking Travis McMichael, armed with a shotgun".

Hoping Biden keeps it front and center. If he doesn't they'll walk. Incredibly, terribley sad. Personally, I'd like to string up Barnhill.
    "Can't you see..."

Georgia starting to give Florida a run for its money...
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Personally, I'd like to string up Barnhill.
    Right? Disgusting
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 05-07-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Right? Disgusting
    So what's the temperature of the peeps in your neck of the woods, Bmills??? I'd imagine people are fucking pissed......
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    It is my legal opinion that the prosecutor in charge of this case has no dick, with the evidence being that they presumably had access to this video and other evidence in March and still wanted a grand jury to decide if these guys committed a crime instead of filing some charges and making some arrests.

So what's the temperature of the peeps in your neck of the woods, Bmills??? I'd imagine people are fucking pissed......
    I saw yard signs in my neighborhood of Buckhead with simply #AHMAUD on them on our evening walk yesterday. Protest at the Capitol yesterday, I heard there was a gathering at the Martin Luther King Jr. Nat'l Center last night, and you'll be seeing much more this weekend with good weather and more people out and about.

Brunswick is a very long way away from ATL, both geographically, politically and socially. It's Low Country, it's one of the biggest shipping ports on the East Coast, historically rural and poor, but surrounded by some of the most expensive real estate on the EC in St. Simons, Sea Island and Jekyll Island. Combined with the good ol boy network that exists in inland Low Country, the COVID lockdown and relatively remote location I'm not surprised, disgusted, but not surprised, it's taken this long to boil over.

It's been on the radar of a few of my law school buddies' social media feeds that practice criminal law downstate, but pretty much kept quiet until the past week. I'm very pleased to see that GBI, and not local investigators are on the case and I hope to see a Justice Dept Civil Rights investigation open soon to run concurrently with the GBI's. The "reasoning" by now-recused DA Barnhill is particularly disturbing. I'm not a criminal jock, and I never set foot in a courtroom, but anyone who took the bar in GA knows that you can't claim self defense with lethal force if you initiated pursuit. His statement reads like a roadmap to a defense of what should be the accused.

It's sick all around. I'm particularly confused about the videographer. I'm glad the evidence exists, but what was the intent of this piece of trash, get some good snuff footage for his spank bank? Trash, all of them. BLM was pretty heated here, I expect this to be even moreso given the massive amount of free time so many people have these days.

I don't see how the videographer wasn't in on this.
    Live Free or Die

Horrific.

Another senseless murder.

Looks closer to Alex Neito than Treyvon but SFPD does a better job of covering their tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Georgia starting to give Florida a run for its money...
    In a very real sense; georgia south of I-20 is a very, very different place from georgia north of I 20. > I 20 functions a lot like the rest of the country and is suprisingly progressive.

South of I 20 has its own rules and if you come heah, tellin us what to do, we gone blow yo fuckin head off.

jus try.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    In a very real sense; georgia south of I-20 is a very, very different place from gerogia north of I 20. > I 20 functions a lot like the rest of the country. and is suprisingly progressive.

South of I 20 has its own rules and if you try to come heah, tellin us what to do, we gone blow yer fuckin head off.

jus try.
    Right? I was going to say that south of I-16 you may as well be in Florida. Brunswick is only 30 minutes or so from the border.

OP. this is a pretty good, if dramatic, summation of the view north of I-20.

https://georgiarecorder.com/2020/05/...-video-insane/
    "Can't you see..."