Page 1 of 204 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

so who is going to see phish?

really really want to go, but happening way sooner than i thought...hampton is great great venue, but march 6-7-8 is right in the middle of prime ski season, and VA is a long way from SLC
    ayuh

I'm hoping for a west coast run with dates in SLC. Only 6 hours from Bozzo! Chances are slim.

I'm guessing they'll do short runs in the east following a new album and get some reactions/support before they venture too far. Either way I'm phsyched for these guys and I wish them all the best!!!
    ""wash uffize drive me to firenze".

[QUOTE=benDover;2027156]I'm hoping for a west coast run with dates in SLC. Only 6 hours from Bozzo! Chances are slim.
    I'm guessing they'll do short runs in the east following a new album and get some reactions/support before they venture too far. /QUOTE]

that's what this ticket lottery is in some ways, they will take all the areas people send order requests from in order to gauge interest in the various areas of the US ,and then plan tour dates accordingly.

I will see them.

[QUOTE=cdlv;2027518]
    Quote Originally Posted by benDover View Post
    I'm hoping for a west coast run with dates in SLC. Only 6 hours from Bozzo! Chances are slim.
    I'm guessing they'll do short runs in the east following a new album and get some reactions/support before they venture too far. /QUOTE]

that's what this ticket lottery is in some ways, they will take all the areas people send order requests from in order to gauge interest in the various areas of the US ,and then plan tour dates accordingly.
    great point.....hoping for a west coast run with slc, denver, las vegas....god i would love to see phish in vegas
    ayuh

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Ummm... No?

All that is measured by the lottery is the number of hardcore fans around the country with the foresight to advance their tickets and the money to travel.

Phish will sell out anywhere they tour, so it's really just a question of logistics and where the band prefers to play.

[QUOTE=thebigeast;2028441]
    Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    god i would love to see phish in vegas
    Phish + Vegas = good time!

yeah, I'm not sure that the lottery is set up to be a probe into the market. But a way to try and keep it somewhat fair and also try and keep 450,000 "diehard" phans from camping out in Blockbuster parking lots.<--Brings back memories.

Plus, can Trey even leave New York yet?
    ""wash uffize drive me to firenze".

Quote Originally Posted by benDover View Post
    ...Plus, can Trey even leave New York yet?
    And if he can't, can Mike Gordon play Jones Beach yet?

tons of rumors going around of a 5 night Spectrum run this coming spring also. The venue is scheduled to be torn down soon, and its one of trey's favorites. (its also the venue where I really "got" phish.....12/3/97 funk jam bitches)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    tons of rumors going around of a 5 night Spectrum run this coming spring also. The venue is scheduled to be torn down soon, and its one of trey's favorites. (its also the venue where I really "got" phish.....12/3/97 funk jam bitches)
    weren't you like 12 in 1997?

Fall '97 = my favorite era of Phish

The HEAT, bitches!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Fall '97 = my favorite era of Phish

The HEAT, bitches!
    Without question. I went to 12/6/97 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. My parents waited in the car while we went.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    My parents waited in the car while we went.

That is so. fucking. hardcore.

I think that was around the time I stopped going to phish concerts because there were people at the concerts who looked like their parents were waiting in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    That is so. fucking. hardcore.

I think that was around the time I stopped going to phish concerts because there were people at the concerts who looked like their parents were waiting in the car.

I had just turned 17 and was a geek.

Same thing for my first show in 1994 when I was 13. Parents waited in the car.

Since we're bearing our souls here, my first show was 10/31/90, and it was a costume-required show and I was the first one there (not being invited to any pre-parties), and I wore a toga made out of star wars sheets.

The following halloween I made a costume which consisted of duct tape over a sweatshirt and sweatpants painted like the human torch. To this day I have never been as hot as I was that night.

I am pretty sure Monsieur Pinner was at these shows as well.
    Last edited by Hutch; 10-07-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Since we're bearing our souls here, my first show was 10/31/90, and it was a costume-required show and I was the first one there (not being invited to any pre-parties), and I wore a toga made out of star wars sheets.

The following halloween I made a costume which consisted of duct tape over a sweatshirt and sweatpants painted like the human torch. To this day I have never been as hot as I was that night.

I will do a little soul bearing too. I wore this Baja sweater I bought from the local head shop to my first show (and a subsequent Dead show that my friend's dad took us to '94). Under the Baja, I had a Grateful Dead Skeleton's in the Closet Tshirt and big wool hat with ear flaps.

I asked my friend during the concert, "whats that smell?"

I was naive.

My first show was when Phish played at my high school's Spring Day in May 1989.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    weren't you like 12 in 1997?
    I was 13, but did see my first phish show at 12. 8/14/96.

Im going for sure. Nothing like the first show back. I was there in 02' New years. Def the heat!
    First show 7-25-92 opened for Santana. Didnt give a shit about Santana after.
    Phish 09 bitches!!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

I was 13, but did see my first phish show at 12. 8/14/96.
    hell yeah for understanding parents. I was 13 when I saw my first show.

pt is going to be such a shitshow the enxt couple days with the n00bs asking about CC holds...

Losing my shit in a white bunny suit.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Fall '97 = The HEAT, bitches!
    11/17/97 was arguably one of the best shows they ever played.

New Year's a few weeks later at MSG, even though a great show, in comparison was meh at best. (what I remember most was that it was a cooooold night in the City)

That 1st set is one of the best sets they ever put together.