Current playful twin tips

I’m way out of touch. Haven’t shopped skis in years. I stumbled onto a setup I loved and just kept riding them well past their due date. Now they are feeling a bit haggard and could use a replacement. 190cm Kastle XX110. 110cm waist, fully symmetric (flex, sidecut, rocket etc), 24m single radius edge, mounted on the all mountain line (-7cm from true center). They are super light, very poppy, hold an edge shockingly well in the resort, float well off piste, ski switch great, and I like the progressive flex. They are my favorite skis I’ve ever owned.

I thought I would get something like a Mr Pollards Opus but it turns out they haven’t made those in an eternity either.

Any suggestions for me? Faction 3.0?

Want: poppy and playful twin tip that can hold an edge in the 105-120mm range. Preferably 190cm+

Skis I’ve liked: Kastle XX110, Rossi S3 and S7, ON3P Jeffrey (with the biradius) and Pillow Fights

Skis I hate: ON3P Kartel with the progressive radius sidecut, dead feeling skis

I’m 6’4” 180lbs, 75/25 resort/backcountry (expect a backcountry increase with covid restrictions), use alpine wreckers or Guardians, alpine boots
    Last edited by TexasGortex; 11-23-2020 at 05:10 PM.

192 Dynastar m-free 108 or 189 m-free 118

Candide 3.0?

slow pitch.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

What about the K2 Reckoner 112? Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    slow pitch.
    This is why I stopped by, yet we're on 6 posts and no takers. I'm setting the over-under at 9.

I’ve traditionally loved Dynastar skis but after reading about those on Blister would probably want to demo a pair first.

CT 3.0 and Reckoner 112 both sound fun.

Slow pitch = jong? I deserve it for falling out of touch.

I made a new thread because I like to ski in a similar way to many of you but have somewhat unusual ski tastes for the forum. I don’t like damp or care about mach speed. I like to have fun. Wasn’t having much luck sorting through the large brand-specific threads.

FWIW I also was not a fan of the Kartels and didn't click with the CT 3.0's...

I love the Moment Wildcat 108's however. They are light and easy to swing around, playful, but can still charge pretty hard.

Any particular reason they didn’t click? Checking out the Moments now

In general I like to drive the tips of my skis. I don't mind a centered stance so long as the shovel can take some real input.

That’s really valuable input, thanks. In general I suspect we ski similarly.

I didn’t know the Wildcat is the new name of the Bibby/Blister. In the past I’ve stayed away because they seemed burlier than I was looking for based on reviews and hand flex, but I’ve never ridden a pair. Might have to just bite the bullet and give them a go.

It’s either that or hope for the best with the CT 3.0 and push the mount point back if I have trouble with the tips.

The current Wildcat -- while just about the same stiffness as the old bibby (and the same shape/rocker profile -- is lighter. It skis more playful IMHO.

Black crows anima or atris
    Bentchetler
    Armada Norwalk
    Volkl revolt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    That’s really valuable input, thanks. In general I suspect we ski similarly.

I didn’t know the Wildcat is the new name of the Bibby/Blister. In the past I’ve stayed away because they seemed burlier than I was looking for based on reviews and hand flex, but I’ve never ridden a pair. Might have to just bite the bullet and give them a go.

It’s either that or hope for the best with the CT 3.0 and push the mount point back if I have trouble with the tips.
    Bibby won't ski burly unless you ask it to. The 108 is super easy to throw around / noodle / bend in tight spaces. The 118 is very manageable for a bigger ski. Super predictable, easy to break loose, jib, just fun. Oh and the big one can rage if you ask it to

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    slow pitch.
    Still nothing. Disappointing.

Id go with the red ones. Rontele is selling a pair in B/S/T right now, id toss him a PM if i were you.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I stand corrected, BFBs are definitely the Rx for what ails the OP.

a pair, one might say

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Still nothing. Disappointing.
    Praxis RX?

You might like the Moment Deathwish as well. It has many of that aspects that you described. Light (though believe the 20/21s are a bit heavier than the pre-20s), pretty poppy and the triple camber gives it really really good edge hold (though a slightly less smooth carving feel). 112 waist, comes in a 190, though it feels more like a 187 to me.

Part of me, the fatherly side, wants to explain to readers why this question is getting beat to death.

The other side of me will just ask for another wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan312 View Post
    You might like the Moment Deathwish as well. It has many of that aspects that you described. Light (though believe the 20/21s are a bit heavier than the pre-20s), pretty poppy and the triple camber gives it really really good edge hold (though a slightly less smooth carving feel). 112 waist, comes in a 190, though it feels more like a 187 to me.

This is a great fat all mtn ski. Lots of the qualities you seek. It gained weight for 2021, but not all that much. Still very light within the class.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?