Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Damn-> Class 5 is 157mph.

Pretty good photo/video piece from the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ge%2Fstory-ans

Schools cancelled today. Eerily calm out there right now. Should be here in an hour or two. Should be gone before morning after dumping 5 inches of rain and a few trees.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Careful out there, Michael may have lost hurricane strength but I heard it picked up genital warts passing through Panama City Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hurricane Florence

Just got a call from friend in Tallahassee who lives at eastern edge of “town.” They got lucky, no physical damage, no home damage, and access for vehicles and a semi-passable road network. No power, either. He’s spent most of the day driving collecting additional supplies w/o much luck. Noted that he has not seen any signed of crews in the great area working on power restoration. They have a well. All available generators that can power their well are very expensive (Honda). They are also lucky that they have the opportunity to bail (eastward) to get out of the zone of devastation with a short drive.

WOW, the gulf shore along the panhandle is FLATTENED! Amazing there aren't hundreds dead. They must have done a great job evacuating folks. Up here, Michael has arrived. We lost satellite reception for about 5 minutes so far. Lots of flooding in low lying areas and a few trees have fallen. Very similar to Flo but shouldn't stick around for as long.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    WOW, the gulf shore along the panhandle is FLATTENED! Amazing there aren't hundreds dead. They must have done a great job evacuating folks. Up here, Michael has arrived. We lost satellite reception for about 5 minutes so far. Lots of flooding in low lying areas and a few trees have fallen. Very similar to Flo but shouldn't stick around for as long.

Cape San Blas Port St Joe Mexico Beach got sandpapered down to what it was 25 years ago

cape sand blast

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    cape sand blast
    Yeah. St Joseph Peninsula was one of the coolest spots in Fla...Then got built up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Blaise

Lost power at 5. Fired up generator tonight running modem, router, fridge,.freezer, charging devices. Got plenty of propane, stocked up when it looked like Flo was gonna be a direct hit. This is the first time I've actually used the generator we bought three years ago. It's 4800 watts and running more than I thought it would.

Oh and I spoke too soon about casualties
    Apparently there are 280 people missing and the surge may have sucked them out to sea.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...fall/850334977 Pretty good link to various videos and photos.

Power came back on around 9:30 this morning. Internet is still out, rocking the mobile hotspot. Generator is back in the shed, estimate that it drank between 5 and 10 pounds of LP. Tank feels a little over half full after running a total of 5 hours. 8 plus hours per cylinder seems like a fair estimate at this point. I climbed the ladder and cleared leaves out of the gutter downspouts during the eye yesterday afternoon. Seems to have been worth it, no water in the crawlspace even though we got as much or more rain than we got during Flo. Biggest plus is no signs of leaking where water came in and trashed the kitchen ceiling during Matthew a couple years ago. I patched all around the flash with silicone best i could where it looked like the water blew under the shingles. Insurance paid pros to come redo the entire kitchen after a 1K deductible. Not as good as the original job, but much better than I could do there where looks matter. Hard to be certain if there was zero leakage because we now have a 18" layer of insulation to soak up drips making it more difficult to detect, But, if it were leaking as bad as Matthew did no doubt the insulation would have gotten too heavy for the ceiling tiles under it and busted through them again. All in all, two major storms within a month and fared pretty well. I feel for those who got slammed down in the FL panhandle, GA, AL, SC, etc. It was still a strong bastard when we got it yesterday all the way up here.

My parents live outside of Greensboro and they said they had never seen the roads so flooded (have lived there their whole life). They had several trees down.

^^^We're about 40 miles east of Greensboro.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    ^^^We're about 40 miles east of Greensboro.
    Right on. They're in Oak Ridge if you're familiar.