Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I’m the guy that slows to the indicated speed limit when you ride my ass like a douche. Because if your not 10min early your late.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    if you have had the same poles since 82 you must not be skiing too hard
    I bet he just kills it on the blues.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I bet he just kills it on the blues.
    U know it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I NEVER remove my pole straps from wrists at the bullwheel getting on the lift. Still have the same pair of aluminum poles I've had since 1982, not bent, never sent tomahawking around the load ramp. .. Actually, I occasionally take them off if I happen to be riding with a patrol. Once in a while they will kinda chew me out about it in the lift ride up.

I do have other poles too still never wrecked poles due to straps on at load... or put out another person's eye thanks to pole flinging around after catching lift chair.. yet??
    I used to be that guy too. Thought I knew everything and was better than the rules. On a small midwestern hill, you could spend more time dicking around with pole straps than actually skiing.

So this one time I’m loading the inside seat on the triple, and my left pole tip snags a rung of the lift’s service ladder. As the chair moves forward the pole levers against the ladder and I can’t free it. My arm being pulled back, the chair is starting to twist sideways and I’m thinking, oh shit, my arm is about to get ripped off! Then the lifty sees what’s happening and hits the kill switch. The only damage was bad bruise in my thumb where it was pinched between the strap and the pole handle and a mangled pole.

I stopped wearing pole straps that day my friend, figured it would be better to lose a pole than an arm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    <snip>
    I’m that guy that really doesn’t give a fuck what you drive.
    Or that I'm getting my "doors blown off" - srsly. I don't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Get on my space ship bitch. No, I don't really. I just don't want to be involved in a back and forth game of pass the one hitter while getting hit by ski poles being held by a moron. You sound like a moron.
    You sound like a selfish dick, the type that doesn’t even respond to a simple greeting on the chair. A real loser type. Keep working on those parallel turns you dummy
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I used to be that guy too. Thought I knew everything and was better than the rules. On a small midwestern hill, you could spend more time dicking around with pole straps than actually skiing.

So this one time I’m loading the inside seat on the triple, and my left pole tip snags a rung of the lift’s service ladder. As the chair moves forward the pole levers against the ladder and I can’t free it. My arm being pulled back, the chair is starting to twist sideways and I’m thinking, oh shit, my arm is about to get ripped off! Then the lifty sees what’s happening and hits the kill switch. The only damage was bad bruise in my thumb where it was pinched between the strap and the pole handle and a mangled pole.

I stopped wearing pole straps that day my friend, figured it would be better to lose a pole than an arm.

Sounds like you need better poles. Mine have breakaway pull out straps that pull out under stress like that. Would still be embarrassing to have to get the pole back if the liftee kept it instead of sending it up on the next chair..

Still have the same pair of aluminum poles I've had since 1982,
    Are they the allsop ones with the shock absorbers? Those are rill dope

I fart in lift lines.
    Better that than gondies/

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    You sound like a selfish dick, the type that doesn’t even respond to a simple greeting on the chair. A real loser type. Keep working on those parallel turns you dummy
    I look forward to the day we find ourselves on the same chair. Just don't hit me with the safety bar or your ski poles when we're taking in the fresh mountain air.

I look forward to the day we find ourselves on the same chair.
    I’d probably end up jumping out of the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Are they the allsop ones with the shock absorbers? Those are rill dope
    That's the only pair of poles I ever had stolen. My oldest and favorite poles are Rossi badged Kermas won in a duals GS event.. 2nd place. Leather straps are about toast though.. Passing the point where they were so supple they feel invisible to the point where they're gonna break before the detachable tab pulls out next time they get tugged..

Gloves in partially unzipped jacket. Poles under leg. Pocket beer between legs when not drinking. Bat in one hand, lighter in other. Light when shielded by partially unzipped jacket. Load bat, pass, drink beer. I've ridden the chair with cutesy guys like you struggling with poles and hitting their buddies while they pass. Not for me. Still in question.

It’s like looking in the mirror........

I'm that girl who also sits on poles
    low hanging fruit there

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Better that than gondies/
    yes. I've killed men for less
    skid luxury

When I was a kid I was riding a chair that had towers built of angle iron, not regular towers. And I had the bar up and my pole straps on. I banged a tower with my pole as I went by it for some stupid reason, and the old-school basket caught on the tower and I almost got pulled right off the chair, would have if the basket hadn't pulled off my pole. Ever since then I've taken the straps off. I don't even think about it, jI ust do it then sit on them to keep hands free. Second nature for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    When I was a kid I was riding a chair that had towers built of angle iron, not regular towers. And I had the bar up and my pole straps on. I banged a tower with my pole as I went by it for some stupid reason, and the old-school basket caught on the tower and I almost got pulled right off the chair, would have if the basket hadn't pulled off my pole. Ever since then I've taken the straps off. I don't even think about it, jI ust do it then sit on them to keep hands free. Second nature for many years now.
    ^^^Ya, probably had a couple close calls before moving on to detachable, break away straps back in the 1800s.. Really surprises ALL poles aren't built with detachable straps... especially RENTAL poles..

Mi casa es su casa Senior Flowing.

I look forward to the day we find ourselves on the same chair. Just don't hit me with the safety bar or your ski poles when we're taking in the fresh mountain air.

I will use my poles to point out the faults/marks of excellence of your equipment and all accessory items
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Bummer

Yeah, I'm that guy...

Yeah you guys and your pole straps. Only time I use pole straps is with whippets in steep terrain where I don’t want to lose my ability to self arrest.

Last time I skied at a resort with pole straps I was skiing the trees in 18” of powder and my pole wedges between and upright tree and a buried deadfall. Almost ripped my shoulder out of socket. Skiing with straps if you ski the trees is not smart IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

They should make those wraparound pistol grip Scott poles again. Those things were retarded enough they just might be popular now.

You guys are weird. I never put the straps on my wrists at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    You guys are weird. I never put the straps on my wrists at all.
    Soft ball......

Problem solved back in the 80s...duh.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I NEVER remove my pole straps from wrists at the bullwheel getting on the lift. Still have the same pair of aluminum poles I've had since 1982, not bent, never sent tomahawking around the load ramp. .. Actually, I occasionally take them off if I happen to be riding with a patrol. Once in a while they will kinda chew me out about it in the lift ride up.

I do have other poles too still never wrecked poles due to straps on at load... or put out another person's eye thanks to pole flinging around after catching lift chair.. yet??
    I never remove mine either, even after forgetting about a mid-mountain unload station and having a pole (one of a beloved pair of Scott GS bend poles) sheared off by the ramp.

I also ski too fast, according to some gaper at Snowbird a few years ago (after first saying 'nice turns', he then gave me a lecture about how I was going too fast--on an empty, wide trail on a weekday spring morning).

Oh, and I force my way into the gondola when I'm riding single and it's crowded but your group wants to leave empty seats--you and your bro-brahs pulling a blocking maneuver isn't going to stop me. Actually thought I was going to end up in a fistfight in the gondola cabin with a bunch of snowboarders at Killington over this scenario a few years ago.
    [quote][//quote]