Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Which Wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I would love to look at the Volvo V60/V90 CC but it’s outside my price range. I also don’t want to beat up on a luxury car. An Alltrack feels like a happy medium. Now I just have to drive one.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're ok with a low mileage 2018, the prices don't look bad to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	333845
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you're ok with a low mileage 2018, the prices don't look bad to me.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	333845
    Those are the previous generation that I’m not so interested in. In 2 years the current Volvo will be pretty great price wise though.

In the end, I pulled the trigger on an Alltrack SEL at close to $7500 off MSRP with great financing.

I want to touch her big fat fanny.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6551345

Sometimes these old frua's that live in the country not near a euro shop are worn beyond their years but they are built solid. My first wife Bruenhilda is starting to get a little rusty in the rear (dont tell her she is sensitive) ... Mmmmmmmmm a curvy milf like that with 140k on the clock I may have to to make her my second wife.

It is Utah after all...

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Which Wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    The hill decent on the Alltrack works awesome. Took it gingerly up the rough gravel road to a trailhead in Montana and it did fine. Way better downhill than up though with the manual. Also the big thick fiberglass skid plate thing up front is pretty bomber.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    q p0 I think

edit to add It is pretty clear what I was trying to say here
    Last edited by happytimefunbox; 07-08-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

New A6 Allroad sported on my way into town today. Dentists: get your checkbooks out!

Name:	IMG_7079.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	350.1 KB 
ID:	334029

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Maybe Tiguan? I loved an idea of Alltrack, but needed something more spacious as family car. With third row which is useable for kids under 10 it's perfect compact crossover. The seated position and overall handling is on par with wagons rather than small SUV

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Rented a tiguan for a week last year. No off-road but it drove really well on the road trip. Size worked well

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Those are the previous generation that I’m not so interested in. In 2 years the current Volvo will be pretty great price wise though.

In the end, I pulled the trigger on an Alltrack SEL at close to $7500 off MSRP with great financing.
    Was the 0% APR available with that price?

Someone talk me out of an XC70. Looking at 2006 - 2007 models that had the 2.5 low pressure turbo 5 cylinder, 2011+ T6, and the 2016 2.5.

I’d love a V70r with a stick but those are unobtainium.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Was the 0% APR available with that price?
    Unfortunately no, but I got 0.9%.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Someone talk me out of an XC70. Looking at 2006 - 2007 models that had the 2.5 low pressure turbo 5 cylinder, 2011+ T6, and the 2016 2.5.

I’d love a V70r with a stick but those are unobtainium.
    Problem is finding one that was well taken care of. My 2006 V70R with 202k runs like a top but I have spent a lot of money to keep it that way.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Last I checked on my 227 mile drive to my son's house, I got 34.8 mpg with the six speed driving @ 80 or so. It got better after I had the car chipped (pulls in sixth gear better).
    Whoa. Car computer says I got 40.4 mpg yesterday round trip from north of Seattle to Mt. Rainier and back. When I realized I'd get there 45 minutes early due to light COVID-traffic, I just drove the speed limit (mostly 55-60mph in 5th or 6th gear). (I did an APR Stage 1 upgrade; the engine didn't have the torque to pull 6th gear at 1800 rpm with the stock tune). This is with the stock Falken tires, which don't grip or ride especially well, but they are a much harder compound than my winter tires.

Took a look at an ‘06 V70 today with 23k on the odometer. It looked like a time capsule. Seller was asking $8k. Offered $6k and ended up walking.

Great deal. Just not the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    I want to touch her big fat fanny.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6551345

Sometimes these old frua's that live in the country not near a euro shop are worn beyond their years but they are built solid. My first wife Bruenhilda is starting to get a little rusty in the rear (dont tell her she is sensitive) ... Mmmmmmmmm a curvy milf like that with 140k on the clock I may have to to make her my second wife.

It is Utah after all...

I'm an inch away from buying a one way flight to Utah, picking up that rig, then Zion Zig Zag's Volkl Katanas and road tripping back to the PNW.

I find myself driving so little now I am asking myself why buy a new car to me? Sure, it would be nice to drive a 2018 V90cc, but there is a lot I could drop $35k on instead. The V70R is running great, but the fucked up front seats bug me and I can't find Atacama leather anywhere to replace them. I found some all leather seats in a similar color at $1,500 for two, but the color difference does bug me almost as much as the fucked up seats. I guess I will just wait 9 months to see how things pan out and how well the V70R hangs in there before making any decisions.

I find myself driving so little now I am asking myself why buy a new car to me? Sure, it would be nice to drive a 2018 V90cc, but there is a lot I could drop $35k on instead. The V70R is running great, but the fucked up front seats bug me and I can't find Atacama leather anywhere to replace them. I found some all leather seats in a similar color at $1,500 for two, but the color difference does bug me almost as much as the fucked up seats. I guess I will just wait 9 months to see how things pan out and how well the V70R hangs in there before making any decisions.
    For $1500 I imagine you could get the entire interior seats reupholstered?

For $1500 I imagine you could get the entire interior seats reupholstered?

Tell me where to find this color in leather for $1,500 and I will send you a finders fee

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 546
Size:  68.1 KB

try aquaseal?

Heh.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    try aquaseal?
    Make sure to spill some mustard on the dryer sheet before you lay that bad boy down.

Tell me where to find this color in leather for $1,500 and I will send you a finders fee

Loompaland?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That picture is from a post on SwedeSpeed I just found. Guy says $2600 to do the whole swap. I guess that’s not $1500 and also that was 2012. Welp good luck to ya.

Find a donor car with black or gray interior, and make that orange car bad interior go away
    . . .

Katzkin leather kits for well under $1000 come in orange, as well as a number of other, much less shitty colors.