Page 38 of 122 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    unfortunately he is one of ours but they are all over that crazy chick at the bar, the drug dealer who figures he should be dead anyway, my sister, people here and there but I think much < down south where you got 10's of millions of republicans unvaxed

you probably got more unvaxed republicans than the entire pop of Canada

eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you probably got more unvaxed republicans than the entire pop of Canada eh
    Yup and those dipshits are doing all they can to burn this country down. Dog help the USA if they get a majority in both houses or in the Senate & the POTUS again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    There are many Peer reviewed studies out there with other opinions but conveniently they get pulled off the internet.
    It's almost like you understand the purpose of peer review. That is hilarious. Tell us more about doing everything we can--except vaccines. Do any of the Peer reviewed studies show the effectiveness of taking Xi's Chi internally?

unfortunately he is one of ours but they are all over that crazy chick at the bar, the drug dealer who figures he should be dead anyway, my sister, people here and there but I think much < down south where you got 10's of millions of republicans unvaxed

you probably got more unvaxed republicans than the entire pop of Canada

eh
    We've got more kooky jingos in one state than the whole country of Canada, too, but don't panic, none of them has your determination.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Xenophobia seems to be spiking everywhere, though. In Hawaii they're using this opportunity to ensconce some of it in laws.
    What laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What laws?
    Tourist adjustments via short-term rental reg changes, primarily. It's subtle (except maybe on Kauai--at least when we reset or plans in December), and there are always reasons to move the short-timers around anyway, but in pushing new solutions to old problems the arguments for getting tourists "out of our neighborhoods" had a tone to them that you don't often hear from Hawaiian politicians.

We stuck around for a couple of weeks and of course it's not surprising that some people want to be over it while others were stoked to have less tourists around for a while. I live in a tourist town and that wasn't unexpected, but the political adage of not letting a good crisis go to waste has some unsavory connotations when (hopefully) temporary circumstances get permanent laws passed, particularly if some of those highlight the threat posed by the "others." Division is making some of the arguments for these easier emotionally.

They should waive HIPAA laws and 1.) Publish the names of everyone who gets hospitalized for COVID, and 2.) Require that people spend a day in the ICU at a large trauma I hospital.

I keep on running into people who think COVID-19 is some combination of 1.) Doesn't infect people in their neighborhood, 2.) Doesn't actually kill people, and/or 3.) Only kills old people.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the people who die from COVID-19 can't tweet about how they just died. Equally unsurprising is how a lot of people hospitalized with COVID-19 don't advertise to their neighbors about how they just survived a contagious deadly virus (of which now carries political overtones in a sensitive political environment). It reminds me of how most people with the flu don't go around confessing to their coworkers that they were the ones who biffed the flu all over everyone at work. In fact, I can't remember the last time someone told me that they got the flu. They always tell that they have allergies instead, as if to reassure me that when I get the flu, I will have gotten it from somewhere else. Yet, somehow people need to see the social proof of someone firsthand who has died of COVID-19, and HIPAA laws (or whatever privacy laws they have in Canada) make this extraordinarily hard to achieve.

I don't know why, but somehow people think that COVID-19 is pretty harmless, and that pulmonary embolisms, pneumonia, severe myocarditis, and whatnot are just coincidental day-to-day natural occurrences that happened at the same time as COVID-19. It's like people are trying to personify and humanize COVID-19, like it's their friendly household pet that wouldn't ever harm a fly. Anyone with COVID-19 who died with a week-long breathing tube down their throat after spending weeks hacking thick frothy sputum must have had that coming to them anyways. And pulmonary emboli are perfectly normal events. Surely this kind of stuff could happen to anyone at any time. COVID-19 couldn't possibly have caused any of that.

And, I don't really know the official definition of "old," but if we're counting marathoners and 40 year olds as old, then I guess I've only seen old people laid up in the hospital with COVID-19. Surely, anyone young who landed in the hospital with COVID-19 must have had AIDS, cystic fibrosis, or "bad genes." Or maybe it was just really really bad luck. Surely COVID-19 can't hurt anyone who's not old.

People are so ridiculously detached from COVID-19 right now that it has no practical human element to most people out there. They see the number of infected as some ambiguous number that applies to some distant population with no personal impact on them whatsoever. In fact, the only personal impact that most people realize is the burden of all of our infection control measures, which is why everyone keeps yipping about how important it is that the 'solution isn't worse than the disease.' People are complaining about that because there is no perspective on the human element of the actual infection. Sticking people in the ICU should provide some added perspective, and have them round with the Chaplain too so we can get some awkward DNR/AND/EOL conversations going. And don't do this at some shitty regional hospital that ships their complicated patients off to somewhere else. Go to a fat trauma I hospital with a large pulmonary team that sucks up all of the weird patients. Bonus points if its a safety net hospital too.

I do not understand where people get the temerity to thumb their nose at the vaccine and call this shit overblown. Right now, there's some impressive combination of people forgetting about COVID + people never seeing the impact of COVID.

are dano and pano the the same dude?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I don't think covid is a "hoax" but I do think it could been handled way differently. Yes it is a bad virus for the old, the sick or unhealthy people. For healthy people it's not a death sentence.

The bullshit is that all people need a vaccine. Just isn't true, yes some people do need it. Why would someone who already had covid need a vaccine? It's been proven they have natural antibodies. Kids? Very rare for them to die or get severely sick. Why vaccinate them immediately? I would not risk the long term health of my child.
    There have been so many lies from government and health authorities on how many people actually died from covid not just died with covid that the numbers are skewed. Many hospitals have admitted to putting covid as the cause of death for more money. Why would I believe anything they tell me?
    The silencing of health care people for speaking out against the government and its agenda of vaccinations is also a red flag. Many many health care people have concerns but won't publicly say it because of repercussions. This is wrong to limit/restrict freedom of thought and speach. WRONG!

Then the 2 sets of rules for protesting. Why is it ok to organize protests for gays, trans or blacks with no arrests but a protest against mandatory vaccines or lockdowns gets the heavy handed treatment from the police? More bullshit, more red flags.

Our Governments seem to refuse to even look at the possibility of a treatment other than the vaccine. Why? Ivermectin has shown amazing possibilities with zero harm done since it's been in use for many years and the cost is pennies. Why not give everyone a couple doses? This is a Pandemic right? About keeping people from dieing right? Doing everything you can right? What would it hurt? Nothing but the bottom line of the Pharma companies and it's shareholders.
    The propaganda has worked as you can see in this thread, anyone with a concern about the mnra vaccine or a different view on treatment is labeled as a "mouth breathing anti vaxxer".
    I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks so I have no problem saying how I feel, but lots of other people don't want to be criticized so they stay quiet. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind on here, I speak up so others who are not comfortable with the vaccine don't think they are stupid or think they should follow the herd onto the train.....
    Why has this happened? Fucked if I know, I'm just a guy who isn't going to put an experimental vaccine in my body and has zero trust in governments.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    You raise a lot of questions. It might be good to talk to an actual doctor about why a vaccine is necessary and why we shouldn't be popping ivermectine pills en masse etc. Although given your perspective, i am not sure there is a health professional out there who's advice you would trust.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    are dano and pano the the same dude?
    I am fully vaccinated and have never skied at Panorama, but I can understand that people can be confused by my common sense.

Fauci told NBC that of nearly 10,000 US deaths in June, “about 99.2% are unvaccinated. About 0.8% are vaccinated. No vaccine is perfect. But when you talk about the avoidability of hospitalisation and death, it’s really sad and tragic that most of these are avoidable and preventable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cases-vaccines

according to this liberal rag its not a good time to be a mouth breathing anti vaxing republican
    I can remember when "vaccine resistance" meant the virus was resistant to the vaccine, not people resistant to the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield3d View Post
    the only personal impact that most people realize is the burden of all of our infection control measures, which is why everyone keeps yipping about how important it is that the 'solution isn't worse than the disease.' People are complaining about that because there is no perspective on the human element of the actual infection.
    And because rejection of expertise is so in vogue.

What's truly preposterous is not only is the solution not worse than the disease, it's practically nothing. A couple of shots and everyone's go to go. We're such fucking pussies.

95% of people on a fucking ski forum? That is hilarious Gary, You are really high on yourself. If the subject was about skiing or snow safety I would openly listen to yours and or others opinions.
    There are many Peer reviewed studies out there with other opinions but conveniently they get pulled off the internet. You don't see the issue with this?

Why is peer capitalized? Do you know what peer review is or what peer means?

I believe this is the biggest down side of the internet. Stupid people can post something on the internet and they think that it means something and it’s fact. Just because others can read it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't think covid is a "hoax" but I do think it could been handled way differently. Yes it is a bad virus for the old, the sick or unhealthy people. For healthy people it's not a death sentence.

The bullshit is that all people need a vaccine. Just isn't true, yes some people do need it. Why would someone who already had covid need a vaccine? It's been proven they have natural antibodies. Kids? Very rare for them to die or get severely sick. Why vaccinate them immediately? I would not risk the long term health of my child.
    There have been so many lies from government and health authorities on how many people actually died from covid not just died with covid that the numbers are skewed. Many hospitals have admitted to putting covid as the cause of death for more money. Why would I believe anything they tell me?
    The silencing of health care people for speaking out against the government and its agenda of vaccinations is also a red flag. Many many health care people have concerns but won't publicly say it because of repercussions. This is wrong to limit/restrict freedom of thought and speach. WRONG!

Then the 2 sets of rules for protesting. Why is it ok to organize protests for gays, trans or blacks with no arrests but a protest against mandatory vaccines or lockdowns gets the heavy handed treatment from the police? More bullshit, more red flags.

Our Governments seem to refuse to even look at the possibility of a treatment other than the vaccine. Why? Ivermectin has shown amazing possibilities with zero harm done since it's been in use for many years and the cost is pennies. Why not give everyone a couple doses? This is a Pandemic right? About keeping people from dieing right? Doing everything you can right? What would it hurt? Nothing but the bottom line of the Pharma companies and it's shareholders.
    The propaganda has worked as you can see in this thread, anyone with a concern about the mnra vaccine or a different view on treatment is labeled as a "mouth breathing anti vaxxer".
    I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks so I have no problem saying how I feel, but lots of other people don't want to be criticized so they stay quiet. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind on here, I speak up so others who are not comfortable with the vaccine don't think they are stupid or think they should follow the herd onto the train.....
    Why has this happened? Fucked if I know, I'm just a guy who isn't going to put an experimental vaccine in my body and has zero trust in governments.

Besides your first sentence, literally everything you have said in this post is wrong. It is frankly alarming how ill informed you are.

Ivermectin? Yep - take a worm medicine (anti-biotic) to treat your viral infection. That’s some good sciencing there.

It’s just amazing how far some people will go. Take this drug which is completely off label but not take this vaccine built from the ground up for this specific thing.

The govt approved ivermectin as well (for worms and tics and other biotic infections that is)- should prob steer clear of that shit as well!

There are two out-of-patent drugs that can help people with COVID-19: Oxygen and Dexamethasone. They are widely used with great studies supporting. But the shitty pro-Ivermectin studies are to be believed while the studies not supporting Ivermectin are really some kind of conspiracy?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

It’s just amazing how far some people will go. Take this drug which is completely off label but not take this vaccine built from the ground up for this specific thing.
    even better, mRNA tech has been around since the 90s. So built on a solid foundation of existing research.
    27° 18°

pano with the 2021 kookspiracy theorists greatest hits!

Im still amazed how far these people go down these rabbit holes. #youtubescientists

Heres my conspiracy theory. I figure theres an algorythym detecting these kooks surfing habits and pegs them as someone who will eat this shit up. Emphasis on "pegs"

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Besides your first sentence, literally everything you have said in this post is wrong. It is frankly alarming how ill informed you are.
    It’s worse than alarming, it’s pathetic. He posts ‘questions’ that have been thoroughly & authoritatively answered in a million places, and ‘observations’ that have also been thoroughly debunked a million times in front of him.

People like him must wake up everyday and have a pep talk with themself about how to find the energy to resist any reduction in their ignorance. These idiots aren’t the usual ‘low information’ lazy citizen—they appear instead to have a goal of remaining ignorant despite everything done to educate them. I don’t know where they find the energy to remain so clueless.

Are there examples of people being this confident about something only to be proven wrong many years later? LOL Juuust asking cause you Pano-haters seem very very confident. Or is all this bluster you smarties trying to convince yourself that you are right?

He's merely pointing out his concerns and frankly you can't blame him. The pharma industry history is rife with exaggerations, coverups and outright fraud. Some of the worlds biggest court settlements have been the pharma industry being held to account years after the initial frauds were committed.

His position is somewhat rational.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Ivermectin is fine. Does it work better than HCQ? Who's to say. The small trials to date are encouraging enough that large trials are being planned. So... wait 6-12 months for trial results? Take unapproved Ivermectin now that isn't known to be effective? Take EUA Ivermectin if the trials pan out? Get a vaccine known to be effective, that's been through multiple large trials, and is approved under EUA? Wait a year for vaccines to complete the full approval process? Wait 2 years for Ivermectin to complete the full approval process (if the trial pans out)? Wait for the next underdog treatment if Ivermectin fails?

The safe option is to act now and get 2 shots. 90% effective is astoundingly good for medical treatments. Call your doctor/pharmacist.

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post

He's merely pointing out his concerns and frankly you can't blame him. The pharma industry history is rife with exaggerations, coverups and outright fraud. Some of the worlds biggest court settlements have been the pharma industry being held to account years after the initial frauds were committed.

He posted shit like ‘why get vaccinated if you’ve had Covid?’ when there’s a ton of published data showing widely varying antibody levels in a COVID survivor and historical understanding that length of immunity therefore varies significantly. Instead he has a simplistic ‘yes/no’ binary view on antibodies.

For him to think treatments like ivermectin aren’t being studied just reveals a conspiracy theory view of the world that is idiotic.

Every day there are dumbfucks getting their news from Facebook and getting convinced hospitals are committing mass fraud by labeling car crash victims as Dying from COVID. Apparently Pano is leaning that way too sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    He posted shit like ‘why get vaccinated if you’ve had Covid?’ when there’s a ton of published data showing widely varying antibody levels in a COVID survivor and historical understanding that length of immunity therefore varies significantly. Instead he has a simplistic ‘yes/no’ binary view on antibodies.
    I don't know if this is a shitzine article. There is a good case to be made for chilling out about unvaxed covid survivors. You're wearing a dental dam when you are with them, right? Hakuna Mattata.*

Op-Ed: Quit Ignoring Natural COVID Immunity — Antibody testing and proof of prior infection can allow more people to return to normal
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/92836
    ---------
    Epidemiologists estimate over 160 million people worldwide have recovered from COVID-19. Those who have recovered have an astonishingly low frequency of repeat infection, disease, or death. That immunity from prior infection protects many people now where vaccines are not yet available.

Earlier this month the World Health Organization released a scientific update stating that most people who have recovered from COVID-19 develop a strong protective immune response. Importantly, they summarize that within 4 weeks of infection, 90% to 99% of people who recover from COVID-19 develop detectable neutralizing antibodies. Furthermore, they conclude -- given the limited amount of time to observe cases -- that the immune response remains strong for at least 6 to 8 months after infection.
    --------

PS - for the record I would like to see reinfection rates (actual sickness) for covid survivors vs infection rates for those immunized (actual sickness).
    *Seems to me that there are a lot more things to be worried about than covid survivors that don't want to be a 5G appliance
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    Are there examples of people being this confident about something only to be proven wrong many years later? LOL Juuust asking cause you Pano-haters seem very very confident. Or is all this bluster you smarties trying to convince yourself that you are right?

No it isn't. Lets take a look at some of his points, or non points.
    Kids? Very rare for them to die or get severely sick. Why vaccinate them immediately?
    Well this certainly makes sense, except for the fact that children 12 and under are NOT approved to receive the vaccine, so it really makes no sense at all.

That depends. prior to January 6, the anti-lockdown anti-vaxx anti science crowd was the group enjoying police protection at their protests. I'm not sure what the case is now, mostly it just seems like fewer protests.

This is just utter bullshit. Fuck you and your RED flag. I'm with the red, white, and blue flag and you assholes can't steal it to kiss and fondle it. You want to know what's WRONG? speach. It's not a word.
    If Facebook, twitter, et al decide they don't want YOUR BULLSHIT on THEIR site, when it results in more deaths, can you blame them? I wouldn't want you posting lies on my sites that hurt people. I wouldn't let you.

Governments (and pharma) have extensively looked at treatments. They are now wasting their time (again) on Ivermectin to please your crowd, just like they had to do with Hydroxychloroquine. In fact, they are now finding it is the exact same people and websites (same IP addresses, different URLs) are the ones pushing the Ivermectin. Why aren't we spending billions to find a cure for Polio? Oh yeah, there was a vaccine instead.

My comments are directed at panodude, not you. He is a fucking clueless idiot and should have his web card revoked.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ok. Fair enough. I just want Pano to know that he is welcome even if his views warrant an intervention. Perhaps a few weeks of the TGR ankle bracelet and the Lesbo 9000 Strap will sort him out.