Page 1636 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 ... LastLast
Results 40,876 to 40,900 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yeah the only one worse is Amy Goodman
    I like Amy. Even paid money to hear her talk once, and bought a Democracy Now! T shirt. That said, I almost neverr listen to the show these days so maybe I don't like her as much as I think I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Or maybe nerves? My next younger brother frustrated my step father, but when I volunteered to teach him, he was really good. Turns out he didn't respond well to the authority figure, but didn't GAF about his bro. Got a perfect score too.

That said, there are a lot of people who shouldn't drive. Like, ever.
    Back when my kid was driving a stick he asked to borrow my car (auto). I didn't ask why. I probably should have. Turned out he used it to teach his Little Brother (as in Big Brothers) to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    They are both awesome journalists and we need thousands more like them.
    I don't disagree that Judy is a good journalist--but on air I think she gets overemotional and anxious about bad news. And I think she took the show a little too far in the direction of human interest stories. One thing about her show I did appreciate--under McNeil Lehrer there was way too much of two politicians from oppoisite sides of the political spectrum arguing--or talking past each other--wth the official talking point.. While Judy didn't eliminate those she did have more analysis from less partisan sources. Interesting factoid--she started out as a weather "girl".

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    When I load groceries on the conveyor I group things I want bagged together. All the cold items, cans, boxes and then lastly soft items so they don't get crushed after scanning.

Bagger showed up and started reorganizing, took him forever to fill 4 bags. Super impressed that my 2 liter ended up on the bread and the spinach was under the bananas and canned tomatoes.
    What's a bagger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    When I was in my early 20s one of my friends actually said to a girl "I like my car better than you"
    Haha. I bet that relationship didn't last much longer.

Snowboarder is lapping the singles line to ride up alone.

I told him that the point of the singles line is so he doesn’t ride up alone to make the line shorter.

He told me to not worry about it. So I didn’t. But I’m still annoyed.
    focus.

When I load groceries on the conveyor I group things I want bagged together. All the cold items, cans, boxes and then lastly soft items so they don't get crushed after scanning.

Bagger showed up and started reorganizing, took him forever to fill 4 bags. Super impressed that my 2 liter ended up on the bread and the spinach was under the bananas and canned tomatoes.
    You can tell them no thanks, and that you are ok with bagging, and just dive in.
    They look a little confused, and usually wander over to wait by the customer self checkouts.
    And take your own bags ft(mf)w

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I generally like the self-checkout lane at the grocery store, but I hate it when the area you put your groceries in after you've scanned them is too small. Just a poor design.

If I have to bag my own, I put 4 empty bags in the cart and fill them that way, with the grouped groceries I put on the belt. If my stuff hadn't been getting crushed, it would have been funny a few times watching a bagger try to fit an overstuffed 4th bag into that 4th spot in the cart. Right out of the three stooges. Bam, bam, bam. Why won't it go in even though I keep trying the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Me too! And the telemark tips one of courseAttachment 443317
    I worked with those guys on all four of those books as acquiring editor. Probably worked with Mike C. on another 15-20 books, mostly climbing instructional books that he illustrated. Amazingly talented individual who could make highly technical concepts easy to understand. Last I talked to him though he had really gone off the rails. Made me sad.

Cool to see people still appreciate the books though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

I told him that the point of the singles line is so he doesn’t ride up alone to make the line shorter.

If there was any kind of a line I can't imagine someone getting away with that around here. Certainly not more than once.

It's annoying when someone parks an extra long pickup in the diagonal parking in front of Tahoe Sports hub and their rear end sticks way out into the already narrow traffic lane. Especially since there's a free lot across the street.

Isn’t that lot only free after 5? Talking about really fucking annoying I hit the oversized bumper of a crew cab long bed illegally parked in the angled parking in Bend. Was looking at the back up camera and trying to be quick to not block traffic and the fucking long bed stuck out into the oncoming traffic.

Anyways, yeahman, what do you mean “off the rails?” Is it all the UFO “research”?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

It's annoying when someone parks an extra long pickup in the diagonal parking in front of Tahoe Sports hub and their rear end sticks way out into the already narrow traffic lane. Especially since there's a free lot across the street.
    Instant Trukma

Name:  CCE165EC-C579-465B-B99B-838ABF79C077.jpeg
Views: 301
Size:  43.8 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Two days in a row other daughters work calls while she's getting ready to go and tells her they need to cut back on payroll so they took her off the schedule for the day. The state of retail sux

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    crew cab long bed illegally parked in the angled parking in Bend
    Wait, what? Long bed crews are illegal in Bend angled parking?

Some of Downtown Bend's angled parking spaces can be too small for large trucks.
    You will be cited if your vehicle infringes on the drive lane beyond the end of a space.

https://www.bendoregon.gov/visitor/parking#Rules

Not just a truck thing, vans can stick way out to, especially if they have racks.

They are both awesome journalists and we need thousands more like them.
    yes

but they are both annoying to listen to
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I worked with those guys on all four of those books as acquiring editor. Probably worked with Mike C. on another 15-20 books, mostly climbing instructional books that he illustrated. Amazingly talented individual who could make highly technical concepts easy to understand. Last I talked to him though he had really gone off the rails. Made me sad.

Cool to see people still appreciate the books though!
    off the rails how?

curious even if it’s really none of my fkn business
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    You can tell them no thanks, and that you are ok with bagging, and just dive in.
    They look a little confused, and usually wander over to wait by the customer self checkouts.
    And take your own bags ft(mf)w

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Almost take my own bags (unless it's an unplanned stop). Going to have to decline bagging next time and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I generally like the self-checkout lane at the grocery store, but I hate it when the area you put your groceries in after you've scanned them is too small. Just a poor design.
    Yep, need a bit more space. When it's busy I can usually scan myself out faster then waiting in line

If I have to bag my own, I put 4 empty bags in the cart and fill them that way, with the grouped groceries I put on the belt. If my stuff hadn't been getting crushed, it would have been funny a few times watching a bagger try to fit an overstuffed 4th bag into that 4th spot in the cart. Right out of the three stooges. Bam, bam, bam. Why won't it go in even though I keep trying the same thing?
    I don't mind bagging my own, and expected to yesterday until he wandered over. I did learn to out the heavy stuff on the belt first (i.e. 2 liter of seltzer) as they will scan faster then I can unload and it's liable to smash something on the tail end.

I guess groceries annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Huh? More deets. How many person chair? What type of merge/join methodology?

Absent a lift line cop, it's a group effort to fill the chair.

I like riding alone midweek if there’s no line. I see no point on crowding onto chairs just to fill the seat. Inevitably some boomer skitters onto the chair and exclaims “just made it”. It’s like they feel it’s they’re civic duty to get on even though there’s no line. It’s even more annoying when they have a sound bar in their jacket blaring shitty elevator music. One I said where is that music coming from, he said it’s me and turned it up and then tried talking to me even though I couldn’t hear him over the music. He finally turned it down halfway up after he realized I wasn’t hearing him.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why is that no one that plays music loudly thru their speaker ever plays music I’d like to hear? I’d think the law of averages (or something like that) would occasionally have someone blasting tunes I like, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Why is that no one that plays music loudly thru their speaker ever plays music I’d like to hear? I’d think the law of averages (or something like that) would occasionally have someone blasting tunes I like, but no.
    Because 100% of people who play music in public using backpack speakers are clueless assholes with no social awareness of how annoying they are. Would you expect anyone like that to have good taste in music?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Because 100% of people who play music in public using backpack speakers are clueless assholes with no social awareness of how annoying they are. Would you expect anyone like that to have good taste in music?
    I know, the consistency of it is pretty annoying though, and kind of amazing.

Fact.

Verifiably.

Like button

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Anyone who’s old enough to like the same music as you probably can’t get the Bluetooth connection to properly work with their Phish bootlegs from 1971.