Page 1631 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 ... LastLast
Results 40,751 to 40,775 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    No, selling the FIL's place.
    I can't believe there's nobody who would want the furniture even for salvage wood to repurpose.

I had a couple that wanted me to deliver it and a few that said they'd send their wives to pick it up. Sorry, not delivering shit for free and as already mentioned, I can't move the stuff myself so if you can't come help get it out of there I can't give it to you. I'll end up dismantling and cutting up the sewing machine table and add it to the pile of scrap steel I have piled up and when I get my van working right again I'll take it to the recycling place about 40 miles away (yes that's the closest). The bigass electric motor and switches might have some use I haven't come up with yet so it'll go with the others I have in the basement, the machine will probably get tossed.

Can you just take it outside and set it all on fire? Seems easier than cutting and hauling. Or feed it into the fireplace/wood stove?

How tight is the housing market where this house is? If it is even 50% of what we have going on here I would just say that the buyers inherited a house full of furniture.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    A lot of "white power" salutes around the NFL this weekend, a lot by Black players. Maybe Santos was just expressing love for Hamlin too. Sure.

How come whenever you're trying to remove a sticker from something you can pull off about 90% perfectly, then that last 10% starts shredding and leaving sticky residue that needs to be laboriously scraped off? That annoys me.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How come whenever you're trying to remove a sticker from something you can pull off about 90% perfectly, then that last 10% starts shredding and leaving sticky residue that needs to be laboriously scraped off? That annoys me.
    Tell that to the ski companies that put stickers on their bases….I spend as much time taking the sticker off than it does to install the binding….lol. Have to use a heat gun to peel the damn things off smooth…yes K2, I’m talking to u.
    Last edited by BC.; 01-09-2023 at 01:37 PM.

Dumb mf'n uphill skiers at resorts are starting to annoy me. Uphilling Sleeper at Mary Jane on a busy-as-fuck Sunday? GTFO of here with that bullshit.

Produce stickers.

As a matter of fact, the entire experience at Whole Foods last night annoyed the shit out of me.

First, the store seemingly hasn't recovered from the Holidays cause it was cleared out of anything remotely normal. This is in a major US city, not the Frisco Whole Foods (which was ironically more stocked as of last week).

Secondly, they only had one register staffed and the customer service counter, which, as I was told, wouldn't be processing normal checkouts. So I grabbed my new employee apron and headed on over to the self-checkout queue. The sticky as shit scanning station I was given had one bag left, neat. I waited for the overworked staffer to bring more as the mile long line behind me burned holes in the back of my head.

Then once I got to work scanning my own groceries I felt the fucking hard plastic clamshell of my baby romaine mix scratch my hand, whatever.

My son then says, Dad, you're bleeding. I look down to where the fucking clamshell had scratched me and it was like the world's deepest papercut, just oozing blood. I jam that hand in my pocket so I don't bleed out on my dirty workstation and proceed to one-arm the rest of my purchases, which I was able to do by summoning the overworked employee two more times as the scanner wouldn't let me proceed after selecting "no container" for the aforementioned produce laden with irremovable stickers.

I was this close to just saying fuck it and leaving the entire mess there for Whole Foods to deal with but I couldn't as I felt a bond with my new co-worker who was trying just as hard to get me out of there.

Fuck that place.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Produce stickers.

As a matter of fact, the entire experience at Whole Foods last night
    Whole Foods, eh?

Name:  monocle1.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  7.6 KB

You should file a worker’s comp claim.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Good workers are hard to find (for $7.25/hour)

Whole Foods here starts at about $25. an hour, but a single yellow onion costs like, $30.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    You should file a worker’s comp claim.

This would be fucking hilarious.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A lot of "white power" salutes around the NFL this weekend, a lot by Black players. Maybe Santos was just expressing love for Hamlin too. Sure.
    White power salutes by black players? WTF do they mean when they do that? Sorry I dumb

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dumb mf'n uphill skiers at resorts are starting to annoy me. Uphilling Sleeper at Mary Jane on a busy-as-fuck Sunday? GTFO of here with that bullshit.
    Resort tourers are people too!

Maybe, but the Rondonée guys are…robots

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Whole Foods here starts at about $25. an hour, but a single yellow onion costs like, $30.
    Oddly, Whole Paycheck Foods here is actually cheaper than the local chain (recently acquired by Albertsons)

Although Kroger is still cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Not sure who that is but as a long time nose picker it's clear the guy is rolling up a booger and getting ready to flick it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    White power salutes by black players? WTF do they mean when they do that? Sorry I dumb
    I think he's saying they showed three finger in support of Damar Hamlin's #3.

I think he's saying they showed three finger in support of Damar Hamlin's #3.
    Precisely. OK + 3 fingers. To paraphrase Dr Freud, sometimes OK is just OK.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Opposite experience for me with FB marketplace when selling a car. Waaay more dunderheads hitting auto-reply "Is this item still available?" etc. And asking dumb questions in the comments, accusing me of lying about the mileage bc I didn't post an odometer pic (like I'm gonna lie about 328k miles lol). Dipshits drove me crazy. Finally went back to Craigslist and sold it in a day.
    Dunno about all that, but every time I’ve tried to list something for free it ends up being the worst experience ever. Why is it that if you sell something that’s worth $50 for $50 things roll smooth but when you try to give away something that might be worth $50 for free it’s a total shit show.

The last time I told myself I wouldn’t do it again. And I remember why now.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Precisely. OK + 3 fingers. To paraphrase Dr Freud, sometimes OK is just OK.
    It also gives someone like Santos plausible deniability when we all know he knew exactly what he was doing.

It also gives someone like Santos plausible deniability when we all know he knew exactly what he was doing.
    Obviously he was signalling to a page to bring him 3 beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Oddly, Whole Paycheck Foods here is actually cheaper than the local chain (recently acquired by Albertsons)

Although Kroger is still cheapest.
    True, there are actually quite a few things cheaper at WF. You just gotta pay attention. Smiths is the cheapest, but produce selection and quality kind of sucks, the deli/hot case sucks, the ‘bakery’ (you can’t even call it that) sucks, and the ethnic food selection sucks. I don’t think I have EVER bought fresh fish there.
    But the gas rewards are pretty good.