Page 884 of 929 FirstFirst ... 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... LastLast
Results 22,076 to 22,100 of 23206
    How long should I wait to get Booster #2 if I had Covid last month? Wait til fall, is that when the new formulations are supposed to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Guessing you didn't wear a mask on the plane or in the airports.. Was it worth it? Would I rather suck it up and wear a mask in places like that or be pretty sure I'll eventually get COVID AGAIN without one going places like that?
    You generalizing, stereo typing clown. I never stopped wearing a mask on planes. Bet I’ve worn mine more than you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You must have better ears than me.
    I can’t wear the ear loop masks for long. My ears start aching like a sumbitch.

Checking in as a data point. Pfizer jabbed in March 2021, Pfizer boost in early 2022. This week I had a tickle in my throat, tested positive later in the day, and within a couple days it was full on aches, fever, sore throat, chills, sweat, some light chest pressure that feels like acid reflux (comes and goes), fairly relentless gas and farting, and what may be a decreased sense of taste, although in 4 days I’ve only had a bowl of soup, a bowl of cereal, a fruit cup size of apple sauce, and a handful of Fritos. The appetite thing is weird, not even really hungry, just been chugging water, taking vitamin c, d, zinc and Pepcid. I’ve had some bad flus before, and pretty sure I had swine flu ca. ~2009. This one is way different, every day seems like a new symptom onset or intensity. Looking forward to getting this behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    YMMV, but I've found the N95 to be WAY easier to fit than the KN95's that just have elastic around the ears. They just don't seem to have much of a seal against the face compared to the over-the-head straps.
    For me I've been more comfortable with a fairly good fit now that I'm vaxxed and know more about what to expect.. Viral load varies with exposure time and proximity. And mostly. it's NOT Ebola bad.. Before vax and before we had some idea what we were dealing with the religious protocol of a tightly fitted N95 with zero gaps was definitely preferred especially in the icu care settings.

With the vax giving at least a little protection against transmission and a LOT against severity.. for shopping or even a couple hours on a plane a KN95 with ear loops is probably more than enough... But nothing, or cloth?? GTFO!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    You generalizing, stereo typing clown. I never stopped wearing a mask on planes. Bet I’ve worn mine more than you.

Bla bla bla.. you're the one who's got COVID right now, not me.. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by present tense View Post
    Checking in as a data point. Pfizer jabbed in March 2021, Pfizer boost in early 2022. This week I had a tickle in my throat, tested positive later in the day, and within a couple days it was full on aches, fever, sore throat, chills, sweat, some light chest pressure that feels like acid reflux (comes and goes), fairly relentless gas and farting, and what may be a decreased sense of taste, although in 4 days I’ve only had a bowl of soup, a bowl of cereal, a fruit cup size of apple sauce, and a handful of Fritos. The appetite thing is weird, not even really hungry, just been chugging water, taking vitamin c, d, zinc and Pepcid. I’ve had some bad flus before, and pretty sure I had swine flu ca. ~2009. This one is way different, every day seems like a new symptom onset or intensity. Looking forward to getting this behind me.
    Hope you're feeling better soon. Did you try to get Paxlovid?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    How long should I wait to get Booster #2 if I had Covid last month? Wait til fall, is that when the new formulations are supposed to arrive?
    I had it in May and got the 2nd booster this week as recommended by my dr. If they come out w a new formulation likely we'll be able to get that too.

You all are older than 50?

I think I saw that the 4th shot (second booster) was approved in Australia for anybody over 30... Maybe I'm hallucinating.

My wife is considering get hers even though she is under 50. There was a lot of COVID around her schools last may and June and there's a whole lot more now in the community, she was one of the only wearing masks, and all staff have a gag order from talking about it at school.

Winter, summer, it's all confusing when you're upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    You all are older than 50?
    Under 50 but have asthma so boosters are still recommended.

Thanks Hopeless Sinner

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    This is the future of Space-X after the rest of the smart people quit. A race to the bottom!

2nd booster on board FWIW.

After getting my booster I stopped in a local sandwich shop to pick up something to go. Small shop (approx. 40x40) with low ceilings was packed with people and I was the only one wearing a mask.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Btw KQ, two hours after I posted about feeling crappy from booster #2 I suddenly felt good again lol.

Wife got second booster today. She had been putting it off because of COVID in February, however, with the news being so grim, she did it. I got my 2nd booster back in April. Give me another one, doc!

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Btw KQ, two hours after I posted about feeling crappy from booster #2 I suddenly felt good again lol.
    Oh good - I'm glad. My bicep is a bit sore, maybe a little bit in my trap too but so far nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Wife got second booster today. She had been putting it off because of COVID in February, however, with the news being so grim, she did it. I got my 2nd booster back in April. Give me another one, doc!
    Yeah it's a real nightmare for those of us who care about not getting Covid. I was going to forego the second until Fall but with the current state of affairs felt it was better to get it now.

Had to laugh when they gave me yet another new card. My first was was proudly lamanated (free at Staples!) so of course they had to do an entire new card for my first booster in November copying all the old info. I didn't get that lamanated but still they copied everything onto a new card for this second booster.

Went back to Pfizer for this one. Originally I had Pfizer then boosted with Moderna but now back to Pfizer and will probably stay there for how many other shots I need to get.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Well we're negative this morning after 2+ days of migraines, low fever, chills, and abdominal chaos. She's still not 100% but planning to shop (masked) tomorrow. If things aren't all good Monday test again...

Well we're negative this morning after 2+ days of migraines, low fever, chills, and abdominal chaos. She's still not 100% but planning to shop (masked) tomorrow. If things aren't all good Monday test again...
    Can you please do curbside? I did that the two confirmed times COVID was in our house, even though I was testing negative (and had no symptoms). While I prefer to pick stuff out, I gladly had some teenager pick shit out for me and load it in the back of the Sienna while I stayed up front masked with open windows.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Similar just hit me, I’m in the middle of a renovation project and had to put my brush down and lay down on the couch.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    Can you please do curbside? I did that the two confirmed times COVID was in our house, even though I was testing negative (and had no symptoms). While I prefer to pick stuff out, I gladly had some teenager pick shit out for me and load it in the back of the Sienna while I stayed up front masked with open windows.
    Did he clean your windshield?

It's wild west here. Even the CDC now says it's OK to go out masked after 5 days if you feel up to it..

Vaccines are available, as are good masks for those who might be immune compromised. There are literally millions of infected people running around unmasked and you're going to try to shame us for going out masked after a negative test? OK!

Hell even the Instacart folks are running around unmasked and not testing.. Betting they're out there working even if they know they have it. They have to. No sick pay for gig workers.

It's wild west here. Even the CDC now says it's OK to go out masked after 5 days if you feel up to it..

Vaccines are available, as are good masks for those who might be immune compromised. There are literally millions of infected people running around unmasked and you're going to try to shame us for going out masked after a negative test? OK!

Hell even the Instacart folks are running around unmasked and not testing.. Betting they're out there working even if they know they have it. They have to. No sick pay for gig workers.
    If memory serves me, you've done your share of shaming.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I’ve seen the term eugenics used more lately to describe policymakers and SMEs that continue to minimize covid.

I’ve now heard from a few people that had covid in June that they are certain they had BA.5 and are therefore invincible and can see who ever they want without a chance of catching or transmitting covid. Of course, they really don’t know what variant they had. For one, their county indicated that BA.5 was <40% of sequenced samples at the time they were infected.

This is becoming an issue with planning a medium-sized family gathering that will include elderly peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If memory serves me, you've done your share of shaming.
    Absolutely! Especially in the pre vax days when this shit and people who thought it was a hoax had healthcare facilities overrun. FWIW, negative again this morning.

Name:  Image1658071089.698032.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  50.7 KB