Page 172 of 419 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 10468
    ^^^Chance for some snow at higher elevation into Tuesday as the cold moves back in and a weak clipper system could drop a few flakes by Thursday.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    Just a quick thaw TC. We've had much worse and usually enter the thaw with a fraction of the snowpack we have now. 37 and sunny now. Good time for a rest. Good times ahead. This two day thaw won't even be remembered in a few weeks I bet. Mountain looks good from here.

Dropped jr off at ski camp, you are right the mountain is looking full, I am sure we will weather it fine. Going to need a good storm to bury the nasty crust.

I will throw some page top up, doesn't anyone care about the rules anymore?

yea a needed rest as i see it.

got to mrg thurs to beat the rain.
    most runs there wasn't another skier to be seen.
    there were no lines.
    skiied til last chair - which is like 3 full saturdays
    glad i did.
    the forecast felt a little less harsh.

today i slept til time i'd be getting on a lift.
    season's about 1/4 in.
    a good place for a quick breather.
    before the best months of the season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1,018.1 KB 
ID:	130194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0985.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	130195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	130196  

headed up to Killington tomorrow, anyone want to support VT search and rescue by getting lost on the backside?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    headed up to Killington tomorrow, anyone want to support VT search and rescue by getting lost on the backside?
    Not in the liquid precip bro. Next weekend I'll disable the GPS on my phone before getting lost with you though. Think about it.

Another adventurous trip to the dacks in progress. Felt about 70 on the hill today. Never seen weather so nice but they lost a lot of snow, too. WF closed the slides due to rapid warmup so don't get your hopes up if you're headed here.

Tomorrow is Bc day. Hiking somewhere, maybe the dyke? Anybody got an opinion?

Pray for snow soon.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The skiing today at the Bowl was full-on hero snow. Thick, soft and pushy. I had almost as much fun as New Year's weekend, and I only skied 4 runs! Demo day was great, should be more spring conditions tomorrow, then back to the freezer. The refrozen glop will set the base up beautifully for snow later in the week. Woot!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Nice, Bucket. Was there yesterday, telecommuting from the Basebox. Everything was skiing incredibly well: fast, soft & filled in. Was solo, so little woods action, but Paradise (+variations) was sweet enough to lap all day with no regrets.

Best workplace I can think of.

Who's up for some VT/NH sloppy touring tomorrow? Early start is recommended, fer sher.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    The skiing today at the Bowl was full-on hero snow. Thick, soft and pushy. I had almost as much fun as New Year's weekend, and I only skied 4 runs! Demo day was great, should be more spring conditions tomorrow, then back to the freezer. The refrozen glop will set the base up beautifully for snow later in the week. Woot!
    Sounds like you made some lemonade.

Was flashing the pink on the Worth western campus today:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Sounds like you made some lemonade.

Was flashing the pink on the Worth western campus today:

SAAWEEEEEEEEEEET!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    skate skiing is gonna be epic today.
    anyone wanna meet me at Grafton Ponds in Grafton VT, like 10ish?
    i'll be packing OG Kush, safety first biatches!
    sorry I missed the party. Would be up for a skate later this week if you are headed up. Or any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Tomorrow is Bc day. Hiking somewhere, maybe the dyke? Anybody got an opinion?
    Careful man. Wet slides have been known to be unfathomably large through the Trap Dyke in recent memory...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

While I can totally fit the role of Jersey skier getting lost.... I'll pass on that.

But I will be at K-Mart tomorrow if you'll be around.

Gray Smith helmet + brown Arc'Teryx jacket and pants.

Waffle hut by K1 at 9???

Yeah, it is totally weather dependent and an excuse to hit avy lake. Would depend on the freeze tonight and forecast tomorrow BUT I just looked again and it might not freeze here now. Sucks. The Bc skiing will be acl wrenching, the climbing wet, the dyke risky. and now raining. Man have we been spoiled lately.

Vt free and gp, what are the odds of a good sunrise if I join the masses and dawn patrol the groomers?

Great day of skiing lifts today though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358044381.372454.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	130240

Caution, resort jabber:

The views at Whiteface are under appreciated.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

+1 on the snow today - felt like mid-March in Jan. Fast corn all afternoon, great to see the sun and not have fifty layers on. Lemonade, baby. Back at it again tomorrow.

(tc -great PTT, thanks!)

the climbing wet, the dyke risky.
    I had a snappy response but..........

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    While I can totally fit the role of Jersey skier getting lost.... I'll pass on that.

But I will be at K-Mart tomorrow if you'll be around.

Gray Smith helmet + brown Arc'Teryx jacket and pants.

Waffle hut by K1 at 9???

probably won't make it by 9 am. Perhaps later in the day?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    sorry I missed the party. Would be up for a skate later this week if you are headed up. Or any other time.
    Saturday's are good for me. i'm totally into it this year.
    my love for Nordic is large.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah, it is totally weather dependent and an excuse to hit avy lake. Would depend on the freeze tonight and forecast tomorrow BUT I just looked again and it might not freeze here now. Sucks. The Bc skiing will be acl wrenching, the climbing wet, the dyke risky. and now raining. Man have we been spoiled lately.

Vt free and gp, what are the odds of a good sunrise if I join the masses and dawn patrol the groomers?

Yeah, sadly the mtns last night from the ADK to the whites were inverted. :/

I do have a good feeling about a wierd sunrise this AM. sorry no posty till now.

Whiteface and its views ain't under appreciated by me!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

probably won't make it by 9 am. Perhaps later in the day?
    No problem! I'll PM my cell #.

holy moly. and if the upper mtn wasn't thin enough before fire and brimstone.....

"Today's daily record high is 41F, which, as of 5AM this morning, has already been broken. The more interesting record in sight is the all-time monthly record for January, which stands at 47F. The latest run of the NAM predicts a high of 47F today, while the GFS is boasting a high of 51F on the summit. A consensus between the two, along with a good initialization of both computer models, would suggest that this monthly record is very much in jeopardy today.

An inherent danger with mild temperatures and a thawing snow pack is ice. Ground conditions will become quite a bit trickier around the summits today as the snow dwindles amidst the 40+ degree temperatures, so be prepared to handle expansive icy patches"

yowza

rog

Rog, Neufox, great job getting the summit cherry, perfect timing for sure.

Biff, stay strong and push the PT as hard as you can.

Big Daddy O getting the goods[and embarassing beatering photos] I wish I could have taken you up on the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post

Vt-free. You didn't look too "free" in those. How did it go.....? I'm out of action this week, next week I get to celebrate another year, hopefully with new precip and some heddy toppers!
    Not so free but FKNA fast groomer railing. 3rd day in a row yesterday and got in 3 bumpy Steins' for good measure.

I was on teh Mountain Jibs yesterday and fielded the jong ? on the chair, "Are those telemark bindings you can lock down?" I was in a good mood and gave him the 411 on the plums.
    See you next weekend, good you're back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Am I late to the party to post this?

I think I got a better picture from 35'.

Great day of skiing lifts today though.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358044381.372454.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	130240

Caution, resort jabber:

Sunrise was nice today for sure. 37.8` bob sunny and no wind, as Rog and GP pointed out it's inverted and 50`+- at the summit. Sorry not to have driven to LP but out late and tired.

Spring skiing has been fun. Due to the increase in ski theft at Sugarbush some new crime fighters were brought in.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I just have to say that I am cooking up some of Numbrday's specialty bacon and have concluded that the world is a much better place with this bacon in it.

Unreal-good! Thanks Chris
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358088041.446512.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	130263
    Annual spring snow day in January was great with the right perspective and a nice walk about up high