Page 434 of 729 FirstFirst ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... LastLast
Results 10,826 to 10,850 of 18222
    Perfect setup for a reversal. Currency and Rates will be interesting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Holy crap, Trump just jacked the futures. Absurd.
    Buy on rumor, sell on news.
    Thinking I'll exit a few positions this week and start shorting. The pain is not done, the data not there, the secondary economic effects are not identified, the social changes are yet to be seen; we are not out of the woods by a long shot.

TGR contrarian view: Big die off on Main Street comin', market share goes to Amazon and other big e-tail. Yesterday I talked to a UPS driver and a FedEx driver, both of whom described the last month as crazy busy "like Christmas." We plan to hold AMZN we bought 3 weeks ago at $1880

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    TGR contrarian view: Big die off on Main Street comin', market share goes to Amazon and other big e-tail. Yesterday I talked to a UPS driver and a FedEx driver, both of whom described the last month as crazy busy "like Christmas." We plan to hold AMZN we bought 3 weeks ago at $1880
    That is true, and can't argue that it's a good play overall.

But when the economic effects hit the fan, people will just be buying less, and less impulse stuff. The pie will be smaller. Plus, this virus has forced many businesses to get better at doing business on the web, creating more competition in that space. I think it's a great stock, but with the economic pain that is in our future, I have a hard time believing it won't be under 2000 and likely under 1800.

Which is not to say you didn't make a good long term purchase.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

eh, some small biz will dies next 12 months, but others will re-open and new biz will start.

We will move one from this shit. Only temporary.

Well, it's good to see one of my stocks doing well this morning. I bought GILD many years ago when it was down in the $20's. Only because I know one of the research doctors that was working on a cure for Hep C. Sounds like they have a drug that has shown some very positive results with COVID 19 patients.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-hou...142007792.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    eh, some small biz will dies next 12 months, but others will re-open and new biz will start.

We will move one from this shit.
    I'm talking about a subset of small biz, to wit, brick & mortar retail, which has been dying a slow death for a decade. Covid-19 abruptly and acutely will accelerate the B&M retail death spiral. As I said in previous posts, some low overhead service-based storefront businesses have hung in there and some will endure. I've always been a buy & hold guy, so I'm looking mostly at what Covid-19 will do to accelerate or exacerbate long-term trends.

Amazon aint all about selling shit to American consumers. Bezos is building Amazon as the biggest and best broadly diversified 21st Century company in the world. Amazon's global e-commerce is expanding like mad. Amazon web service is #1 cloud provider in the world. Amazon Prime video is #2 to Netflix and expanding market share. Covid-19 is lucky timing for Amazon grocery biz to take off towards #1. Jeff Bezos has put Amazon in the best position to become the biggest weed seller when cannabis is legalized at the federal level. Etc., etc., etc. Bezos is a weird fuck, but the guy has the knack at seeing where markets are going and serving those markets at enormous scale -- and he's building to that huge scale at crazy fast speed. And if the feds break up Amazon, shareholders will own pieces of 3 or 4 or 5 companies that are #1 or #2 in their respective markets.

Yeah, maybe (or maybe not) AMZN goes under 2,000 -- and if it does, I'm gonna buy more.

AMZN is for sure a winner but at what cost? Labor and business expenses will surely rise as will shipping costs when the alternative shippers stick it to them. What I think happens is people will expand their use of other online services. All of these zero tax wall street companies that use cheap labor are at risk of regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    These small cap small float rockets are not for the faint-hearted. I remember ADSX and trapped short sellers

The only fish I've caught so far is WORX and the borrows came only after the first day pump.
    WORX spiked afterhours yesterday based on an 8K rehashing their first pump news release. In that 8k they reported expected margins out of their pending deal for their ecommerce platform which at first blush looked awesome. But they have to pay 50% upfront for their orders of their COVID test from their Aussie supplier; money which they didn't have. There were AH borrows so I took them and shorted on the assumption that WORX would do some crazy below market financing.

Today some anonymous Seeking Alpha report came out saying that the Aussie supplier of COVID test kits is itself just a reseller of some Chinese test kits. The Chinese test-kit maker is cancelling the Aussie suppliers' order because they misrepresented themselves as the ultimate end user. And there is some question itself whether the order that resulted in the WORX pump itself was real.

It's not quite skiing but sure can be fun sometimes

and went long CCL again based on TrumpPump

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    AMZN is for sure a winner but at what cost? Labor and business expenses will surely rise as will shipping costs when the alternative shippers stick it to them. What I think happens is people will expand their use of other online services. All of these zero tax wall street companies that use cheap labor are at risk of regulation.
    The only risk these large companies have of being regulated is if the dems get control of the Senate and the WH. Even then, the regulations will be so weak and watered down, it won't matter. Just look at the banking cartels. They pay a few billion here and there, and just keep on growing and buying their way out of jail.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

We will move one from this shit. Only temporary.
    who’s going to be opening all these new businesses? The people who just lost the one they’d had for 10-20 years? Retail, restaurants, pick anything, it’s hard work if you aren’t some trust funder with a pretend boutique that doesn’t need the books to balance.

regarding cruise lines, most of the quarantined cruise line passengers are going to go on a cruise again
    https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...e-coronavirus/
    Almost all the passengers interviewed for this story say they’d cruise with the company again. After all, Carnival offered many of them free vouchers for future trips. “The more you travel with them, the more goodies they give you,” says Courter, a survivor of the Diamond Princess. “It’s like rats and cocaine.”
    Last edited by dunfree ; 04-17-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Awesome, coked up geriatrics hitting the cruise lines again. Maybe a 2nd round of COVID-19.1 will either cure them or kill them on the cruise addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The only risk these large companies have of being regulated is if the dems get control of the Senate and the WH. Even then, the regulations will be so weak and watered down, it won't matter. Just look at the banking cartels. They pay a few billion here and there, and just keep on growing and buying their way out of jail.
    What difference would the Dems in charge make? Pelosi represents the tech bros in California, and she's incredibly rich. You actually think they'll change shit? That's like thinking Schumer will reform Wall Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, it's good to see one of my stocks doing well this morning. I bought GILD many years ago when it was down in the $20's. Only because I know one of the research doctors that was working on a cure for Hep C. Sounds like they have a drug that has shown some very positive results with COVID 19 patients.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-hou...142007792.html
    Sitting at a bar in Fat City and this obnoxious retired brain surgeon, now private equity guy rants on and on about GILD. Entire bar hates him, bartenders want to kill him. Complete douche, we get him wound about about stocks and shit. Bartenders comped our meal and drinks for distracting him.

Ended up buying some GILD, that sucked for many years but its popped nicely.

Free dinner and a decent return in my GILD, time to sell.

What difference would the Dems in charge make? Pelosi represents the tech bros in California, and she's incredibly rich. You actually think they'll change shit? That's like thinking Schumer will reform Wall Street.
    they have ratios now they had in February, ther's still likely going to be a further pop upside when states and other world economies restart but the damage is done, there will be a serious economic decline. placing a short and holding over the next 12 months, you are going to make money.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

WTI crude at $14.71. Down $4.

Very little. Which was the 2nd sentence of my post, admitting, that the risk is very low to banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    BA, Norweigian and SAS will go under before May.

#Nostradamus(tasch)
    Well, Norweigan just announced that they will declare its Swedish & Danish branches bankrupt..
    Sweden has raising concerns about SAS and its fiscal situation..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Oil tanking

Ticker confusion. The correct ticker was AVCT.L on the AIM. Looked but no borrows sadly.

Already down to mid 2s

American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVCT) shares rose 191.2% to $5.97 in pre-market trading after the company announced collaboration with Cytiva on COVID-19 rapid test. Benzinga

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Oil tanking
    No pun intended?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Oil hitting an all time low, and markets are flat? There is some chicanery going on....

...a mystery wrapped in an enigma. A wise old oil man once told me "ain't no better cure for low prices than low prices."

He also said, as I was waiting inside one of the control rooms at a Texas refinery for the daily 5pm thunderstorm's torrential rains to stop and the flooding to subside. "Son, I dunno what you're waiting for, but here in TX that's just a heavy dew."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    No pun intended?
    At this point I dont even know

Expiring WTI @$4 a barrel. Can’t give it away.