Page 160 of 290 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

I saw my old e90 330i in traffic this morning and I thought, man that was a really good looking, fun car.

About 10 minutes later I saw a brand new M8 Competition in that plum color and thought, man that's a really fast car that looks completely boring, soulless and ugly.
    I still call it The Jake.

Congrats, e46 is probably the best handling car I have ever driven. Fortunately for my wallet they are too small for me to DD (can't fit behind me when I drive). e91 was fun but after a sudden waterpump failure earlier this year I am happy to have sold in the hot market.

That v60 polestar is way too expensive for me. Hopefully taycans will depreciate like panameras. The new macan EV could be a fun option too even if it is too tall the be a wagon. I need a cheap reliable car for a few years but hope to be back in something fun when the nice evs start getting cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I decided I’m going to try to run versions of the old ones I liked. The newer ones are fast and get good gas mileage but they don’t have character.

This will prolly last until I get stranded but it was fun to drive the e46 today.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    e46 M54
    Username checks out

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Username checks out

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    Funny - Good catch!

RIP Toots...54-46 was my number
    Right now, someone else has that number...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZue9XUe_aE

Finally. A roof box that can handle 120+mph.

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate this.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...jv1ebg7yancZG8

Real deal fast wagon. Stage 3 AWD beast

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/30M...i-sports-wagon

Buy it

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Buy it
    Fack! Love it.

In his video he ran a 7.6 1/8mile, beat a Hellcat...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

My Outback with a Thule Sonic XXL on top and definitely hit 120 mph a few times across WY. Not to mention it was crazy windy. The box would get pretty crooked but held up fine.

Want

Buy it
    What will this go for ballpark? Not familiar with them but I think it could be my dream wagon.

Im embarrassed to say that I really havent taken into account the dangers of speed and boxes. I've definitely hit triple digits on the way to Bend many times with a fully laden Packasport but its is torqued on there pretty well.

My top box is concerning only when I don't have skis in it. Even in the summer I put a pair of old flat skis in it for support. Should only be a problem for the box for looks crowd. WTF stop the gentrification of top boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    What will this go for ballpark? Not familiar with them but I think it could be my dream wagon.
    I posted this three days ago about the same car (but all stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Anyone interested in a 2008 e61 Touring 535xi ?

N54 I6 twin turbo (302 hp version), auto, x-drive, Monaco Blue (almost black), one owner, no accidents, full service record from the only shop that's ever touched it, approx 110k miles

Will be interesting to see this "luxury" offshoot's trajectory in the US. What do you think of the new shooting brake?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...rake-revealed/

^^^^one of those 2008 535xi Touring with similar mileage on SF CL for $7500. Talked to guy. Seems well maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Will be interesting to see this "luxury" offshoot's trajectory in the US. What do you think of the new shooting brake?

I like it.

I'm actually impressed every time I see a new Genesis.

Wagon Stoke

First generation Genesis Coupe is a really fun car to drive on a track

Speaking Of Genesis, I have been drooling over the new GV70. 4 banger with 300hp and awd. Review by Mari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8xjz8OiBs
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    if you have a car like that you should welcome photo gapers.
    I feel like in a car like that you can't do marginal law breakage though, which gives it demerits
    I'd still drive it though
    It's a good point, not exactly a sleeper. Meanwhile, my car stands out like a sore thumb but looks way faster than it is. Half the power of that RS6 but same effect on marginal law breakage d'oh! Not remotely in the class of some of the Audis, Bimmers, or Volvos in here, I do enjoy her good looks though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_569.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	374410

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Anyone interested in a 2008 e61 Touring 535xi ?

N54 I6 twin turbo (302 hp version), auto, x-drive, Monaco Blue (almost black), one owner, no accidents, full service record from the only shop that's ever touched it, approx 110k miles
    Great car, I'm sure you'll get a pretty penny for it. Googling the model this one came up, holy shit, droooooool....

Similar to this one Simple pointed out below but quite a bit cleaner, black on black, similar power mods, plus suspension and the coveted six speed manual.

Buy it
    Also droooool....

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    This one I came across, mentioned above, went for $27K. As mentioned, similar mileage, quite a bit cleaner, black on black, just as fast, plus suspension, and with a six speed manual. Market's only getting hotter though. Bet the blue one still gets north of $20K.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    My Outback with a Thule Sonic XXL on top and definitely hit 120 mph a few times across WY. Not to mention it was crazy windy. The box would get pretty crooked but held up fine.
    Im embarrassed to say that I really havent taken into account the dangers of speed and boxes. I've definitely hit triple digits on the way to Bend many times with a fully laden Packasport but its is torqued on there pretty well.
    I've been guilty of the same thing, oops. Your Packasport is really well built though. I'd be more confident with that thing up top than my basic Thule, pictured above, which took 130mph one night before I remembered it was up there, d'oh! Seems none the worse for wear but still, I try to keep it under 110 now with the box on just to be safe. Thing bobs up and down pretty good at high speeds especially when it's windy. Kind of unsettling.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

fun looking rig, beater. Thought you were more into zee germans

He's into storm troopers

fun looking rig, beater. Thought you were more into zee germans
    I’d like to be, maybe next car. For some reason I’ve got myself convinced I can’t afford one on a butt wiper’s wage. I guess either you spend on maintenance on German cars, or spend on a new block for turbo Subies when they spin a bearing or blow up a piston.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    He's into storm troopers
    You’re not wrong. Maybe not a coincidence all three of my vehicles are white with black wheels.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

That's not a Shooting Brake, it has too many doors and the back slopes too much. The Volvo 1800ES is a near perfect example of what one should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Speaking Of Genesis, I have been drooling over the new GV70. 4 banger with 300hp and awd. Review by Mari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8xjz8OiBs
    300hp four banger?

Good luck after 100k miles. Cars are so disposable today, with the computers and the turbos. A four banger F150? Wtf. That shit is doomed. A natural six could last a lot longer.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    It's a good point, not exactly a sleeper. Meanwhile, my car stands out like a sore thumb but looks way faster than it is. Half the power of that RS6 but same effect on marginal law breakage d'oh! Not remotely in the class of some of the Audis, Bimmers, or Volvos in here, I do enjoy her good looks though...
    I think we've talked about this before, but my best friend has the same gen wrx/sti, pretty far from stock at this point, and it is a fun fast car.

RE: the BMW, it's not mine. It belongs to a family member. When I heard he was considering selling, I immediately started imagining ways I could justify buying it, but my wife is really digging her heels in against the idea (she wants a sprinter). We'll see.

My wife and I discussed a Sprinter after the neighbor bought one and I guess we are too cheap, but justifying the $80k price tag didn't pencil out for us and how we spend our time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.